HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Negotiations II: This is the song that never ends...

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wait im confused... You hate the pa for trying to schedule a meeting with the NHL?
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
The #NHLPA has informed the #NHL they are willing to meet Wed or any other date, but without preconditions.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Bill Daly says the union has expressed a willingness to meet but isn't going to table a proposal: "What would we be meeting about?"

so now they aren't building off any previous offers

and

aren't proposing a new one.

why even bother meeting?

they've done nothing but stall and pander the media. That's why I hate them.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

give me a break.

both sides are ****ing the fans over.

niether side has shown any indication they are willing to move off their latest proposal.

sorry, I am not buying the owners are smelling like roses and the players are nothing but greedy ******** stance. its crap.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 10-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
The #NHLPA has informed the #NHL they are willing to meet Wed or any other date, but without preconditions.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
Bill Daly says the union has expressed a willingness to meet but isn't going to table a proposal: "What would we be meeting about?"

so now they aren't building off any previous offers

and

aren't proposing a new one.

why even bother meeting?

they've done nothing but stall and pander the media. That's why I hate them.
I edited my last post but they seem to want to bridge the gap. Seems like the NHLs main focus is a do or die on their last proposal. I dont see how that is negotiation. Trust me i want fehr out but the nhl's "choose ours or nothing" is kind of bs.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I edited my last post but they seem to want to bridge the gap. Seems like the NHLs main focus is a do or die on their last proposal. I dont see how that is negotiation. Trust me i want fehr out but the nhl's "choose ours or nothing" is kind of bs.
They say they want to bridge the gap and the owners have said they are very willing to negotiate terms of their last offer but the players don't want to offer a linked cap and aren't going to present a new offer. They are not negotiating

Old
10-23-2012, 10:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
They say they want to bridge the gap and the owners have said they are very willing to negotiate terms of their last offer but the players don't want to offer a linked cap and aren't going to present a new offer. They are not negotiating
The last time they presented a new offer it was shot down in 10 minutes.... Thats gotta be sonewhat discouraging when they almost skim your offer and decline it. One of the main problems from what i read is that the NHL doesnt want to honor the contracts they have set. How is that fair to the players.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Also whats the harm in meeting anyway? Like what negative effect does it have? If anything there is a higher probability thats something good comes out.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
McNasty

Quote:
The last time they presented a new offer it was shot down in 10 minutes.... Thats gotta be sonewhat discouraging when they almost skim your offer and decline it. One of the main problems from what i read is that the NHL doesnt want to honor the contracts they have set. How is that fair to the players.
The make whole provision is a pretty reasonable starting point to bridge that gap, the players decided they wanted nothing to do with that. They didn't offer anything they simply made 2 offers that weren't 50-50 until the last year and another one so ridiculous they didn't even bother to formally submit it.

I'm also kind of annoyed with the players paying players argument, that money was always going to come out of the players share.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Krishna

Quote:
It was shot down because the whole "make whole" proposal has the players still getting more than 50% of the split until the contracts under the old CBA run out

Old
10-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Also whats the harm in meeting anyway? Like what negative effect does it have? If anything there is a higher probability thats something good comes out.
Why bother wasting the day meeting instead of making up a new proposal?

Old
10-23-2012, 10:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
It was shot down because the whole "make whole" proposal has the players still getting more than 50% of the split until the contracts under the old CBA run out
the NHLPA have said they are willing to get to the 50/50 split if the owners are willing to honor the contracts. A stance the owners dont want to go to.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
the NHLPA have said they are willing to get to the 50/50 split if the owners are willing to honor the contracts. A stance the owners dont want to go to.
They are willing to get there of course if they get the money they are making now PLUS raises each year.. It will never be 50/50 until the last contract signed under the previous CBA is expired. We are going to be waiting awhile for that to happen.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
If they owners don't want to pay those contracts, maybe they shouldn't have offered them.

10-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Krishna

No one was forcing the players to sign them.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:48 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
It's not really 50/50 if the owners have to pay anything about 50% out of their share...

Old
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Krishna

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
NHLPA hasn't been told directly from the NHL that they're unwilling to meet.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Seriously? So...the owners try to pay for something they apparently can't afford, and that's the players fault? That's not how the world works.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Seriously? So...the owners try to pay for something they apparently can't afford, and that's the players fault? That's not how the world works.
The way the players are panding to the media, they knew that the owners could not afford them. So they are also a reason why the league is in this mess.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Krishna

And the owners would still be honoring the contracts with a roll back. There's a clause in the contracts that says they could be affected by terms of new CBAs.

The players agreed to it.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
The way the players are panding to the media, they knew that the owners could not afford them. So they are also a reason why the league is in this mess.
Again, the owners make the contracts, not the players. The players don't decide what the owners pay them. They just agree to what they're offered. In no way, shape, or form is it the players' fault the owners overstretched themselves. They're just supposed to turn down millions of dollars out of the kindness of their hearts because their poor boss is apparently **** with money?

Old
10-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Again, the owners make the contracts, not the players. The players don't decide what the owners pay them. They just agree to what they're offered. In no way, shape, or form is it the players' fault the owners overstretched themselves. They're just supposed to turn down millions of dollars out of the kindness of their hearts because their poor boss is apparently **** with money?
When you are busy whining about the owners need help in the forum of revenue sharing to continue conducting business, yes.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:58 PM
McNasty

Quote:
It'd be pretty naive to think that players/agents weren't pushing to get extensions signed under the old CBA

Old
10-23-2012, 10:58 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
That's one of the worst arguments I've ever seen.

Hey here's 100 million

Nope I'm not signing that.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
When you are busy whining about the owners need help in the forum of revenue sharing to continue conducting business, yes.
Uh...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It'd be pretty naive to think that players/agents weren't pushing to get extensions signed under the old CBA
Not sure how that's relevant, and of course they did. They knew contracts would be different (in a way not advantageous to them), so why not sign under the better CBA? The owners were happy to oblige them.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Uh...why?
Now on top of those contracts, the owners have to give more in revenue sharing.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Not sure how that's relevant, and of course they did. They knew contracts would be different (in a way not advantageous to them), so why not sign under the better CBA? The owners were happy to oblige them.
So the players are being greedy?

interesting

Closed Thread