HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: What type of player should we draft?
Powerforward [Centre/Winger] 10 5.92%
Two-Way Forward 1 0.59%
Playmaking Centre 8 4.73%
Goalscoring Winger 64 37.87%
Defensive-Defenseman 16 9.47%
Offensive-Defenseman 10 5.92%
Two-Way Defenseman 47 27.81%
Goaler 0 0%
Trade our 1st for an upgrade 4 2.37%
Other [Smallish Character Centres] 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
Seth Jones plz; Popeye can come back and coach with the Nugs too.
Coach? Let him play on the Nugs if it means we get Seth Jones

Old
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM
GamingGiant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
if the guy is forsberg lite i'd be happy.
NHL.com

Quote:
Is it possible the next Peter Forsberg could be plucked from a standout list of international prospects when the 2013 NHL Draft is held June 28-29 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.?

Goran Stubb, European Director of NHL Central Scouting, thinks so. Based on his early assessment of Swedish center Elias Lindholm, it's easy to see why Stubb considers the 17-year-old one of the top draft-eligible prospects from Europe.

Lindholm, a 5-foot-11 3/4, 181-pound righty-shooting center, projects to be a future top-six NHL forward with star potential. He's also regarded as an A prospect on Central Scouting's preliminary list of the top European players to watch entering the 2012-13 season.

"He's a complete package," Stubb told NHL.com. "He could very well be the next Peter Forsberg. He's an excellent skater and great competitor who gives it 110 percent on every shift. He can skate, score and pass and is physically strong even though he is a finesse-type of player."
Just one scout's opinion, and most likely just a comparison in play style, not talent level.

Old
09-23-2012, 12:33 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Either a playmaking center or a power forward one would be good, center is a good position to stock up a lot of talent in.
You know what, I was going to laugh at you but then I realized, "my god he's right!". We suck as developing Dmen. However our team is a center developing factory! Draft a center trade one of ours for a good Dman already.

Atta boy 33.

Old
09-23-2012, 12:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
I think Lindholm is more of a Backstrom like player than Forsberg IMO.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:29 PM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Not that thats a bad thing

Old
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Honestly we drafted the closest thing to Forsberg since Forsberg himself that Ive seen anyways, and that's Landeskog.

If Landeskog continues to grow offensively that comparison will only be solidified. You just don't see players hit other players while carrying the puck effectively like Landeskog can and Forsberg was famous for.

And I do think Landeskog's offensive IQ is underrated and gets overshadowed by the physical part of his game. During the All-Star skills competition they had Landeskog stick handling and he looked flawless as well.

I just think any future rookie is going to have a hard time coming closer to Forsberg than Landeskog does. IMO of course...

Old
09-23-2012, 04:41 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Two balls is always nice.
Suck it Lance Armstrong!

Old
09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Seth Jones grew up in Denver and is an Avs fan? FULL SEASON LOCKOUT, GET 2ND IN THE LOTTERY, DRAFT JONES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
We got a Foppa lite with Lando and passed on a Forsberg himself to Varlay! We need more Prongers!!!
I vote for this.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I'd love the Avs to get Josh Morrissey if they get a 10-15 pick.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Either a playmaking center or a power forward one would be good, center is a good position to stock up a lot of talent in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
You know what, I was going to laugh at you but then I realized, "my god he's right!". We suck as developing Dmen. However our team is a center developing factory! Draft a center trade one of ours for a good Dman already.

Atta boy 33.
I agree that this is the franchise's best bet going forward.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Foppa2118

I'd rather the Avs trade the pick in a package for a top D man to play with EJ if they can. As good as a D prospect may look, they're still unproven at the NHL level, and I'd rather not wait the 4+ years it's gonna take for them to be consistent enough to partner with EJ on the top line. They need a guy like that right now. The UFA route doesn't look that great, and is unpredictable, and they don't have a lot of quality assets to use in a trade outside of Stastny and his $6.6M.

Plus, you look at top D prospects like Hedman and Larrson, or even possibly EJ when it's all said and done. They look like they'll be solid defenseman, but they haven't done much to suggest they'll be that legit number one Ryan Suter/Shea Weber/Chris Pronger type.

Use the first to turn your biggest weakness into a strength, and because you have a lot of young talent on the team and in the pipeline already.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 09-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'd rather the Avs trade the pick in a package for a top D man to play with EJ if they can. As good as a D prospect may look, they're still unproven at the NHL level, and I'd rather not wait the 4+ years it's gonna take for them to be consistent enough to partner with EJ on the top line. They need a guy like that right now. The UFA route doesn't look that great, and is unpredictable, and they don't have a lot of quality assets to use in a trade outside of Stastny and his $6.6M.

Plus, you look at top D prospects like Hedman and Larrson, or even possibly EJ when it's all said and done. They look like they'll be solid defenseman, but they haven't done much to suggest they'll be that legit number one Ryan Suter/Shea Weber/Chris Pronger type.

Use the first to turn your biggest weakness into a strength, and because you have a lot of young talent on the team and in the pipeline already.
It would depend on the defensmen that we could get in return.

We would have to get a high draft pick if we wanted to turn it for a #1 defensemen, and even then would have to add a little.

The last big name defensemen that comes to mind that was trade on draft day was Chris Pronger for Lupul, Sbisa, 2009 1st round draft pick, 2010 1st round draft pick, and 2010 or 2011 3rd round draft pick.

Old
09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
It would depend on the defensmen that we could get in return.

We would have to get a high draft pick if we wanted to turn it for a #1 defensemen, and even then would have to add a little.

The last big name defensemen that comes to mind that was trade on draft day was Chris Pronger for Lupul, Sbisa, 2009 1st round draft pick, 2010 1st round draft pick, and 2010 or 2011 3rd round draft pick.
Yes, definitely. They shouldn't be trading a 1st round pick for a guy like Quincey.

The Avs don't have a lot of pieces with high value outside of trading Duchene. Adding an expected mid to high 1st to a package may be the only way to get them in the discusion, if a team is willing to part with a guy.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:36 PM
MikeC

Excellent subject but it is too soon.

My logic says: we pick the best player available no matter what but if you ask me, which position should we pick, my answer will depend on a lot of things, future trade, the development of young players ....

At this moment, we need a power play dman

Old
09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
avsman

Lazar

Old
09-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244693

Anyone else see this thread? What I would do for the Avs to be this lucky.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:45 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:

you say this without even have seen him play?

Elias Lindholm got nice puckskills but he is also very gritty and likes to dish out hits. he was hitting everything that moved last game, in SEL, mens league, 17 years old...

edit: sorry for ot: Ceremony, who is that girl on your pic? give answear here or in PM.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
you say this without even have seen him play?

Elias Lindholm got nice puckskills but he is also very gritty and likes to dish out hits. he was hitting everything that moved last game, in SEL, mens league, 17 years old...
What?

I got this info from the Swedish posters I trust on the prospect board.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:00 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

RS probably agrees with me here, but I've been able to watch the hitmen over the last couple weeks and one guy who is standing out more and more is Greg Chase.

His gamestyle is a lot like Olver, pest, drives to the net hard, gets in fights, but what separates him to Olver is Chase has way better speed and skating ability with some slick, awesome stick handling. He definitely would be a very solid 2nd rounder.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
RS probably agrees with me here, but I've been able to watch the hitmen over the last couple weeks and one guy who is standing out more and more is Greg Chase.

His gamestyle is a lot like Olver, pest, drives to the net hard, gets in fights, but what separates him to Olver is Chase has way better speed and skating ability with some slick, awesome stick handling. He definitely would be a very solid 2nd rounder.
Is he similar to Sgarbossa?

Old
10-23-2012, 11:08 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Is he similar to Sgarbossa?
I would say that Sgarbossa's vision and hockey sense destroys Chase, but I would also say that his (Chase) talent and gamestyle is in between Sgarbossa and Olver.

E: But Chase does have vision and hockey sense of his own and is fairly good, just not on Sgarbossa's level IMO.

Last edited by S E P H: 10-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Dream scenario:

Win the lottery, draft Seth Jones 1st overall and draft Bo Horvat with the 31st pick.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Dream scenario:

Win the lottery, draft Seth Jones 1st overall and draft Bo Horvat with the 31st pick.
If they used the same rules as last time, it'd be a snake draft, so the Avs wouldn't have the 31st pick, they'd have the last pick of the 2nd round.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
If they used the same rules as last time, it'd be a snake draft, so the Avs wouldn't have the 31st pick, they'd have the last pick of the 2nd round.
Yeah I know, it's just me daydreaming.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:21 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

That is why I love GI's post of getting the 10-15th pick and selecting Josh Morrissey. The guy is going to be a great two-way defenseman and we still get to be close, towards the middle for the rest of the draft.

Closed Thread