HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
But, but, but, he's an offensive dynamo and not a 2-way player that backchecks!

Old
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Isn't he the type of players that get traded for a boatload of 1st rounders from a contender? Let's just hope if happens before the deadline...
I would love for it to happen...Sarnia has to rebuild...again. Galchenyuk needs someone to finish his plays. Trade him to Kitchener, that would just be a dream, but Faksa wouldn't be so happy. Although Galchenyuk > Radek Faksa.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
I would love for it to happen...Sarnia has to rebuild...again. Galchenyuk needs someone to finish his plays. Trade him to Kitchener, that would just be a dream, but Faksa wouldn't be so happy. Although Galchenyuk > Radek Faksa.
Why wouldn't Faksa be happy? I think he'd be thrilled. That team would have two top lines with him and plenty of ice time to go around. Right now, Faksa has Puempel and Ming on the wings and Marcantuoni is being forced to play centre with Thomson and Rieder. Adding Gally would give Rieder an awesome option at centre and then Matia can go back to wing and form another potent trio.

I agree it's a pipe dream though, as Kitchener has already traded so many of their picks. If Gally was ever made available, other teams would easily be able to out-bid them.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Why wouldn't Faksa be happy? I think he'd be thrilled. That team would have two top lines with him and plenty of ice time to go around. Right now, Faksa has Puempel and Ming on the wings and Marcantuoni is being forced to play centre with Thomson and Rieder. Adding Gally would give Rieder an awesome option at centre and then Matia can go back to wing and form another potent trio.

I agree it's a pipe dream though, as Kitchener has already traded so many of their picks. If Gally was ever made available, other teams would easily be able to out-bid them.
Yeah other teams could out-bid them but like I said I think it would be the best option for him if he was made available. Rangers to the mem cup if it ever happens
even if it never will.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
But, but, but, he's an offensive dynamo and not a 2-way player that backchecks!
You can find evidence of Pavel Bure backchecking, that's not the way to evaluate a player defensive awarness. Again, I know you are nitpicking my old comment, and I will say the same thing: Galchenyuk is clearly above average for his defensive game in the CHL but he is much more dominant on the offensive side of his game. He still lacks maturity and experience in pro's before calling him a defensive stud. And again, I was just saying how glad I am that he is actually an offensive first forward while still paying attention to his defensive game.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:31 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Desharnais isn`t really the 1st line center, he`s the center of the most offensively oriented line. Big difference. Playing on his LW isn`t as big a responsibily as playing on Plekanec`s usually is. Giving him the Seguin treatment is more playing him with Desharnais than playing him with Plekanec.

Pacioretty`s production is basically the same with Desharnais or Plekanec, it doesn`t make sense to keep him with DD for that reason.
Playing with Deharnais probably makes the most sense but I would like to see him with Eller. i think they can both improve by playing with each other.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Playing with Deharnais probably makes the most sense but I would like to see him with Eller. i think they can both improve by playing with each other.
That's true. I think they'd play quite well together. It's only too bad that Eller blows as a winger. It'd be fine for his first season, or on the PP, should Eller get any PP time.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
Looks like Gally may be getting some much needed help
I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or if you are just misreading that statement.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
poetryinmotion

Gally not on any rosters for the SSS...

Old
10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or if you are just misreading that statement.
I guess I am most definitely misreading, on second thought, yes i am. sorry.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Gally not on any rosters for the SSS...
Isnt the series Canadians vs Russians?

Old
10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Isnt the series Canadians vs Russians?
He could play for the Russian squad, it won't mess with his IIHF eligibility.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:31 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Yeah but if you were the Russian coach, would you really want to have a player on your team who you know will be with the Americans in 8 weeks at the WJC? Not sure about that..

Old
10-24-2012, 09:33 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Yeah but if you were the Russian coach, would you really want to have a player on your team who you know will be with the Americans in 8 weeks at the WJC? Not sure about that..
You're right, guess I didn't consider that.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Thought his dad was Belarus'ian not Russian?

Old
10-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Iirc he has dual US-Russuan citizenship but has declared he wants to play for the US.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:56 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
His background is Belorussian, however, he was born in Milwaukee, and then lived in Russia for 7 years(during which I guess he got a Russian citizenship).

Old
10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Iirc he has dual US-Russuan citizenship but has declared he wants to play for the US.
He gave up his russian citizenship before the draft.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
You can find evidence of Pavel Bure backchecking, that's not the way to evaluate a player defensive awarness. Again, I know you are nitpicking my old comment, and I will say the same thing: Galchenyuk is clearly above average for his defensive game in the CHL but he is much more dominant on the offensive side of his game. He still lacks maturity and experience in pro's before calling him a defensive stud. And again, I was just saying how glad I am that he is actually an offensive first forward while still paying attention to his defensive game.
From what I saw last week, he racks up a ton of PK minutes. His coach obviously trusts him defensively.

I don't see why he can't transition that into the pros.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:08 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
From what I saw last week, he racks up a ton of PK minutes. His coach obviously trusts him defensively.

I don't see why he can't transition that into the pros.
Ok, you guys clearly do not understand my point. It just isn't black or white. While gally is good defensively, he's much better offensively. Plus, if you paid attention to what i wrote, i said he was above average defensively so tell me where did i imply he couldn't play on the pk? For me, a 2way player is just as good defensively than offensively and in my opinion, it's not the case yet.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Ok, you guys clearly do not understand my point. It just isn't black or white. While gally is good defensively, he's much better offensively. Plus, if you paid attention to what i wrote, i said he was above average defensively so tell me where did i imply he couldn't play on the pk? For me, a 2way player is just as good defensively than offensively and in my opinion, it's not the case yet.
Let me know when ever we can quantify that.

On a related note, I think Boucher told us that he is very strong at puck possession.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 10-24-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Let me know when ever we can quantify that.

On a related note, I think Boucher told us that he is very strong at puck possession.
Oh I know it's really hard to gauge but the CHL isn't the type of league you can accurately evaluate a player. In the NHL, errors/bad reads/turnovers usually ends up in a scoring chance/goal where in the CHL, players are usually not good enough to make you pay. From the sample I saw of Gally (small sample but you do not need much to notice these things) his will to commit defensively will probably translate in a good 2way puck possession center but he still made some bad reads and turnovers that did not necessary end up in scoring chances that would in the NHL. That's my only point. On the other end, I'm really thrilled by his offensive abilities. He's still only 18 and he will need a lot of work to become that center we all want. But one thing is sure, sky is the limit for this kid.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:42 AM
That

Galchenyuk's Sting vs Vail's Spitfires tonight. I'm hoping for a big game from both. Should be a good game.

Their last meeting was on October 8th. The Sting won 3-2 in a shootout. Vail had an assist and Galchenyuk was held pointless for the only time this month (and only twice in total).

Old
10-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Galchenyuk's Sting vs Vail's Spitfires tonight. I'm hoping for a big game from both. Should be a good game.

Their last meeting was on October 8th. The Sting won 3-2 in a shootout. Vail had an assist and Galchenyuk was held pointless for the only time this month (and only twice in total).
WHYYY...

Why does it fall on the Vikings game ?!??!!

Old
10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
WHYYY...

Why does it fall on the Vikings game ?!??!!
You mean why does it fall on the Bucs game! Big Bucs fan here, you guys are going down!

Closed Thread