HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi Lock Out....;-(

Old
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
jroc86

vCash: 500
Re Eva: ... how do you view McCarty? Hes revered by Red Wing nation ... he stuck up for a teammate a YEAR later via suckering a weasel then pounding him in the fetal position into a bloody mess. How is that any better? That play has defined his career even moreso than his game 4 goal against Philly by most people standards and even outside of Red Wing nation that play is celebrated. Vengance for a dirty hit on a vulnerable player - and Drapes whom I love was never anywhere near the calibre of player Naslund was.

The pressure from the City and the Province was huge for Bert or someone to make an example of Moore. Shouldnt have gone down like that but something should have happened.

As a fan did you not enjoy watching Probie dust guys nightly back in the day? Or howbout Gordie and his legendary jaw breaking elbows?

Im not for goonery btw ... I played a clean game and only fought to settle my own battles and for the most part that how I feel the game should be played. But when you make a dirty play your "uppins will come" - its the code, drop the mitts, tuck your chin, take a few, and get out there is all it takes. (yeah yeah, Canadian thug tactics, blah blahblah ... Hudler for the Hart and the Conne Smythe 2013!)

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Sounds like someone we know spilled hot coffee on their private parts.

I agree with your point about demonizing people who bring about lawsuits. It's amazing to me that people argue against their chance to get justice in court.
But, on the other hand, there are lots of money grubbers out there looking for a payday.
It's also getting hard to trust a justice system that is, too often, bought and paid for
I really hope you aren't suggesting that the McDonalds lawsuit was bunk...With the actual facts of that case, it would've made it past summary judgment even prior to discovery...

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I really hope you aren't suggesting that the McDonalds lawsuit was bunk...With the actual facts of that case, it would've made it past summary judgment even prior to discovery...
And didn't that lady only take what covered her medical expenses?

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Re Eva: ... how do you view McCarty? Hes revered by Red Wing nation ... he stuck up for a teammate a YEAR later via suckering a weasel then pounding him in the fetal position into a bloody mess. How is that any better?
One way it's better is the fact that Lemieux never fought a Wings player until "the rematch". Another is the fact that Lemieux intentionally laid a dirty hit on Draper away from the play instead of Moore making contact (intentional or not) with a Naslund in a prone position after preventing Naslund from getting the puck.

Quote:
That play has defined his career even moreso than his game 4 goal against Philly by most people standards and even outside of Red Wing nation that play is celebrated. Vengance for a dirty hit on a vulnerable player - and Drapes whom I love was never anywhere near the calibre of player Naslund was.
It's defined his career because he wasn't that great a player to begin with. He was a good third liner capable of playing up the lineup.

Quote:
The pressure from the City and the Province was huge for Bert or someone to make an example of Moore. Shouldnt have gone down like that but something should have happened.

As a fan did you not enjoy watching Probie dust guys nightly back in the day? Or howbout Gordie and his legendary jaw breaking elbows?
Because Probert in a fight against another enforcer or Howe throwing an elbow against a guy who's in his way are ABSOLUTELY relevant to this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Hudler for the Hart and the Conne Smythe 2013!)
You said it, not me.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote