HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Edm

Old
10-24-2012, 04:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterForsberg View Post
Eberle + RNH + 1st 2013, 1st 2014.
why don't you add hall while you're at it? you know, just to make it fair...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:07 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Well then for cap purposes they'd have to toss in Hossa and Kane... so then... really... it would be smart to just take Hossa, Kane, Hall and Hopkins out of the proposal and we'd be back to Toews for Eberle.

No Thanks.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:11 AM
PeterForsberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Well.. if you want Toews...

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:14 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
if i was wpg I might trade byfuglien for toews then maybe they might have a shot at winning a cup again..

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

1st day back to the trade section in weeks and THIS is the 1st trade I see.

So the hawks center depth is then Gagner, Kane, Bolland? Hawks don't need another winger, especially at the cost of our Captain

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
JustinCider

As good as Toews is, and it's really good, top 5 centre in the league, I don't do it, as an Oiler fan. Eberle is an Oiler, he fits. We have a number one centre who might up being as good as Toews. The value is there, but it's not so great that I'd want to part with such a major piece, in Eberle. Ebs is an Oiler, to move him, would take a crazy overpayment, and to me, this isn't one.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:33 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
As good as Toews is, and it's really good, top 5 centre in the league, I don't do it, as an Oiler fan. Eberle is an Oiler, he fits. We have a number one centre who might up being as good as Toews. The value is there, but it's not so great that I'd want to part with such a major piece, in Eberle. Ebs is an Oiler, to move him, would take a crazy overpayment, and to me, this isn't one.
Other than RNH, who?

NVM, I read that wrong.

DennisReynolds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Well then for cap purposes they'd have to toss in Hossa and Kane... so then... really... it would be smart to just take Hossa, Kane, Hall and Hopkins out of the proposal and we'd be back to Toews for Eberle.

No Thanks.
You wouldn't trade Eberle for Toews?

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Fork

im the only one that thinks the value is close?

eberle is getting really under rated here?

Fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork View Post
im the only one that thinks the value is close?

eberle is getting really under rated here?
As a Hawks fan, on value alone, its pretty close. Edmonton would still have to add though. Nothing crazy like Eberle + RNH, but Toews is a center, Eberle is not. Toews is one of the best faceoff men in the game, won a Conne Smythe, Cup, Gold Medal, etc...

Really not trying to be biased here but Eberle alone would not be enough for the Hawks to move Toews.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:34 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
if i was wpg I might trade byfuglien for toews then maybe they might have a shot at winning a cup again..
Of course you mean that Winnipeg would have a chance...Never have that chance with Buffy 'playing D'...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
As a Hawks fan, on value alone, its pretty close. Edmonton would still have to add though. Nothing crazy like Eberle + RNH, but Toews is a center, Eberle is not. Toews is one of the best faceoff men in the game, won a Conne Smythe, Cup, Gold Medal, etc...

Really not trying to be biased here but Eberle alone would not be enough for the Hawks to move Toews.
Agreed. As good as Eberle is the Oil would have to add.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

^ This is the best post IMO. Neither team makes this trade unless A.) Toews demands a trade to a cold canadian hockey crazed city. OR B.) The Oilers make the playoff's and realize they can't win a cup without a stong 1-2 punch down the middle. Then make a trade using an area of strength (wingers) Adding a Toews to any playoff team makes them a cup contender. He brings to the Hawks, what Hall brings to the Oilers +++elite two way play. People will soon realize how good Eberle is, and I think that he has 40 goal, 85pt potential. But any trade for Toews Edmonton has to add. The difference in value is not worth it for the Hawks to make the trade unless as mentioned the above A scenerio takes place. Then the Hawks are happy with the return.

You decide Oiler fans:

Hall Towes Hemsky
Pajaarvi RNH Yakupov

OR

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Hemsky RNH Eberle

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
A.) Toews demands a trade to a cold canadian hockey crazed city.
I realize you're talking hypothetically, but I feel like if Toews were to do this, he would probably want to go home to Winnipeg.

I still have my fingers crossed that he doesn't try to go back to there when his current contract ends.

Though hopefully he'll feel that if Sakic can stay with the Avs for his entire career and never go back to BC, he can do the same for us. (Sakic was Toews' favorite player)

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I realize you're talking hypothetically, but I feel like if Toews were to do this, he would probably want to go home to Winnipeg.

I still have my fingers crossed that he doesn't try to go back to there when his current contract ends.

Though hopefully he'll feel that if Sakic can stay with the Avs for his entire career and never go back to BC, he can do the same for us. (Sakic was Toews' favorite player)
If this lockout or anyother season for that matter has showed me one thing, it is that hockey players will go where the money is!! If the Hawks keep him happy and offer him top dollar, Towes will stay. (like Sakic) But I do get what you are saying about winnipeg.

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

I feel they would have to be getting Hall+++ back for Toews, to fill their Top LW spot. Or this
Hall+RNH for Toews+Stalberg+1st.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:54 PM
rockinghockey

There is no way I would trade Eberle, Gagner and a 2nd for Toews.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:54 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
There is no way I would trade Eberle, Gagner and a 2nd for Toews.
I certainly would.

Toews is a fantastic 2-way center. I'd drive Eberle and Gagner to the airport myself if this deal was to go through.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:47 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

I have my serious doubts that he will go back to the Peg as a free agent. Once players get a taste of something different they dont usually go home.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Shanahanigans

Value wise this isn't off IMO.

But both teams would never do it for obvious reasons.

Plus, Chicago is a second line centre (and a goalie) away from being a cup contender. They don't trade a top 5 centre in the game for a winger, and have their centre depth go from passable to atrocious.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:03 AM
The Red Line

Makes absolutely no sense for Chicago even if the Oilers add to make the value a little closer. Toews is the least movable of any Hawks player, he's not going anywhere, period.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I feel they would have to be getting Hall+++ back for Toews, to fill their Top LW spot. Or this
Hall+RNH for Toews+Stalberg+1st.
I'd start to consider this, but I wouldn't add Stalberg and a 1st...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post

Plus, Chicago is a second line centre (and a goalie) away from being a cup contender. They don't trade a top 5 centre in the game for a winger, and have their centre depth go from passable to atrocious.
This is it in a nutshell.

From the Oilers standpoint it looks great, but maybe a little light. I would say Toews is untouchable from a hawks stanpoint for the reasons listed above.

I am not sure why the oilers need to be making any moves right now. It looks like this year is a write off and so their players get a year of development while the CBA is sorted out.

There are a ton of minor deal that could be used to improve the team, but moving any of the big 4 is not deals they should be making.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post

Chicago's defense still has too many holes. A 2nd line C and a goalie would help, but it wouldn't make them a cup contender.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Chicago's defense still has too many holes. A 2nd line C and a goalie would help, but it wouldn't make them a cup contender.
Chicago's defensive core is one of the best in the NHL. Probably on the lower end of the top-5.

Their lack of structure in their own zone is a systemic problem, largely related to inadequate coaching.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote