HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Hearing Karlsson say that he feels like he is the defensive partner of the two in the pairing followed by a shutout of the top seeded team in the league, makes me feel so wrong...

Old
10-24-2012, 04:01 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Colin Greening played his first game for Aalborg Pirates.

They lost 6-0 to Frederikshavn Whitehawks.. Aalborg has been on a winning streak, but getting Collin, seems to have thrown them off.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hearing Karlsson say that he feels like he is the defensive partner of the two in the pairing followed by a shutout of the top seeded team in the league, makes me feel so wrong...
Maybe it's a good thing. Now he has the opportunity to develop his defensive skills more.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Kentti

Jokerit played back-to-back game today. Erik Karlsson in today's game against the No. 2 seeded team in the FEL. Actually, Jokerit is now second as they won Espoo Blues.

OCT 24, 2012: JOKERIT @ BLUES 2 - 1
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- +0, PIM 0, S 9, TOI 23:30

Erik's stats after 11 games: G 3, A 5, P 8, +/- +10, PIM 0, S 84, average TOI 25:03

Next game is on Friday. It's Jokerit's 45th birthday game against Tampere Ilves (Lynx). Ilves is the most prestidigous team in SM-Liiga. The Canadiens of Finland you could say. Ilves has 16 Championships on it's belt. Ilves today is quite simply bad. They were the last team of the League last season and this year they're at the bottom again. The game is special and Jokerit will wear special red-yellow jerseys for that one game only.

Does it look good, well...

Old
10-24-2012, 01:38 PM
HavlatMach9

And from the impression i get, Jokerit is like the Maple Leafs of the FEL .

Old
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Anyone know the time of the game here in Ottawa? I actually have the day off and would love to see it.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Maybe it's a good thing. Now he has the opportunity to develop his defensive skills more.
Loool, I believe I miss-worded what I meant to say. I meant that it's brilliant news and it makes me feel "wrong" as in I feel so wrong when I let a seductive, hot girl pull me into her bedroom while I know her sister is into me; overwhelmed by the options LOL.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:55 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
And from the impression i get, Jokerit is like the Maple Leafs of the FEL .
I do not understand the comparison. Did you mean Ilves?

Old
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Anyone know the time of the game here in Ottawa? I actually have the day off and would love to see it.
Helsinki is +3 GMT, Ottawa -4 GMT, so there's a 7 hour time difference. The game starts at 6:30 PM Helsinki time so I believe it's 11:30 AM Ottawa time.

If there isn't a stream where to see the game (there usually isn't), the only option is to pay 12 € (about 15.3 CAD).

People all over the world can pay to watch SM-Liiga games if they want to, including North America. 1 game costs 12 euros, 5 games 40 euros (51.2 CAD) and 10 games 70 euros (89.6 CAD). The site is in Finnish only but Google Translate might help.

On the top banner there's SM-Liiga and you can see "Jokerit - Ilves". Under the word "Ilves" there's "Osta" which means "buy." The stream starts at 18:00, which is 6:00 PM Hellsinki or 11:00 AM Ottawa. First you have to register "rekisteröidy." Might require some google translating but shouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult.

http://www.urhotv.fi/sarjakortit/

Old
10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Kentti

Highlights from today's Jokerit game against local rival, Espoo Blues.

Erik's assist on PP on 2-man advantage @ 0:43. A great goal attempt from Karlsson @ 2:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaejKxFEdGg

Old
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Thanks for updates and highlights, broski.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

When the Finnish commentator was reporting on the game then said, "Who let the dogs out." I burst into laughter.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
When the Finnish commentator was reporting on the game then said, "Who let the dogs out." I burst into laughter.
"Sallinen's fourth goal of the season makes the arena's speakers shout Baha Men's Who Let the Dogs Out."

Old
10-24-2012, 10:58 PM
yoplait

I just wanted to say thank you so much Kentti! You've been great with keeping us updated!

Old
10-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Mara

Is Turris the type that gets easily frustrated? For the last couple of games it seems like his lack of scoring is getting to him, he's not as diligent skating to defense as he was earlier. So far in 6 games he has scored 2 goals and one of them was an empty netter. His line shouldn't be an issue as his wingers are number 2 and 5 in SM-liiga points. I just hope that he isn't the type that breaks down mentally if things don't go as expected.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoplait View Post
I just wanted to say thank you so much Kentti! You've been great with keeping us updated!
No prob! It's the least I can do seeing your guy Karlsson play in my team. Since the lockout, there has been a considerable rise in attendance all over the FEL. I wonder why...

All the games and stats can be found here, albeit in gibberish. Google translate helps.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/

Next up is Turris today at 6:30 PM Helsinki time, 11:30 AM Ottawa time. Lahti Pelicans host Turris's Oulu Kärpät (Ermines or Weasels). As you probably already know, in Europe the home team is on the left or on top in statistics. NA does it the other way round.

Some trivia information for you guys. We call Erik Karlsson in Finland as "Världens bästa Karlsson" which means "Worlds Best Karlsson" in Swedish. The name comes from a Swedish children's book called "Karlsson på taket" which means "Karlsson-on-the-Roof" in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlsson-on-the-Roof

The first time Karlsson played for Jokerit, Hartwall Arena jumbotron showed a text "Välkommen Erik Karlsson" (Welcome Erik Karlsson) with the music from the movie adaptation from Världens bästa Karlsson you can see yourself from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2aPDsj8g0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7M4WbIM3I

Old
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Is Turris the type that gets easily frustrated? For the last couple of games it seems like his lack of scoring is getting to him, he's not as diligent skating to defense as he was earlier. So far in 6 games he has scored 2 goals and one of them was an empty netter. His line shouldn't be an issue as his wingers are number 2 and 5 in SM-liiga points. I just hope that he isn't the type that breaks down mentally if things don't go as expected.
my guess is, he is. unfortunately. i think he needs good positive buddies (or coach) around him to relax him and help him keep focus. Paul Maclean will help.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:

Some trivia information for you guys. We call Erik Karlsson in Finland as "Världens bästa Karlsson" which means "Worlds Best Karlsson" in Swedish. The name comes from a Swedish children's book called "Karlsson på taket" which means "Karlsson-on-the-Roof" in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlsson-on-the-Roof

The first time Karlsson played for Jokerit, Hartwall Arena jumbotron showed a text "Välkommen Erik Karlsson" (Welcome Erik Karlsson) with the music from the movie adaptation from Världens bästa Karlsson you can see yourself from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2aPDsj8g0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7M4WbIM3I
when he has kids, he will be reading that book to them, no?

Old
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I don't think its abnormal for a 23 year old to get flustered easily. Composure improves with age. Its not a problem.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Looking at the pictures of Karlsson makes me laugh. Advertisements everywhere except for the manufacturer of the equipment. That gets taped over haha

Old
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Looking at the pictures of Karlsson makes me laugh. Advertisements everywhere except for the manufacturer of the equipment. That gets taped over haha
That's the way of life in Leagues where a team may have the same budget as one star player's annual salary in the NHL. You get a lot of money from sponsors so you display their logos on your jersey. And you get used to it, we pay no attention to it.

The same goes with the top scorer of a team wearing a golden helmet to indicate his status. Opposing team's d-men don't especially target golden helmet players as one would think.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Kentti

Turris just finished his game with a win and here's his stats.

OCT 25, 2012: KÄRPÄT @ PELICANS 3 - 0
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 3, TOI 17:30

Kyle's stats after 7 games: G 2, A 3, P 5, +/- +4, PIM 6, S 34, average TOI 19:53

As usual, highlights when they appear.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
when he has kids, he will be reading that book to them, no?
Probably. But his kids will be Karlssons too. So who's the world's best Karlsson then?

Old
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Probably. But his kids will be Karlssons too. So who's the world's best Karlsson then?
all of them

Old
10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
That's the way of life in Leagues where a team may have the same budget as one star player's annual salary in the NHL. You get a lot of money from sponsors so you display their logos on your jersey. And you get used to it, we pay no attention to it.

The same goes with the top scorer of a team wearing a golden helmet to indicate his status. Opposing team's d-men don't especially target golden helmet players as one would think.
But in Europe we don't have commercial breaks/TV Timeouts that interrupt the games...If I could, i would chose rather the sponsors on the shirt than additional breaks.

Closed Thread