HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
  #451
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,165
vCash: 50
Hearing Karlsson say that he feels like he is the defensive partner of the two in the pairing followed by a shutout of the top seeded team in the league, makes me feel so wrong...

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 04:01 AM
  #452
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Colin Greening played his first game for Aalborg Pirates.

They lost 6-0 to Frederikshavn Whitehawks.. Aalborg has been on a winning streak, but getting Collin, seems to have thrown them off.

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
  #453
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hearing Karlsson say that he feels like he is the defensive partner of the two in the pairing followed by a shutout of the top seeded team in the league, makes me feel so wrong...
Maybe it's a good thing. Now he has the opportunity to develop his defensive skills more.

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
  #454
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Jokerit played back-to-back game today. Erik Karlsson in today's game against the No. 2 seeded team in the FEL. Actually, Jokerit is now second as they won Espoo Blues.

OCT 24, 2012: JOKERIT @ BLUES 2 - 1
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- +0, PIM 0, S 9, TOI 23:30

Erik's stats after 11 games: G 3, A 5, P 8, +/- +10, PIM 0, S 84, average TOI 25:03

Next game is on Friday. It's Jokerit's 45th birthday game against Tampere Ilves (Lynx). Ilves is the most prestidigous team in SM-Liiga. The Canadiens of Finland you could say. Ilves has 16 Championships on it's belt. Ilves today is quite simply bad. They were the last team of the League last season and this year they're at the bottom again. The game is special and Jokerit will wear special red-yellow jerseys for that one game only.

Does it look good, well...


Kentti is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 01:38 PM
  #455
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
And from the impression i get, Jokerit is like the Maple Leafs of the FEL .

HavlatMach9 is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  #456
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity
 
Tyskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 500
Anyone know the time of the game here in Ottawa? I actually have the day off and would love to see it.

Tyskie is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
  #457
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,165
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Maybe it's a good thing. Now he has the opportunity to develop his defensive skills more.
Loool, I believe I miss-worded what I meant to say. I meant that it's brilliant news and it makes me feel "wrong" as in I feel so wrong when I let a seductive, hot girl pull me into her bedroom while I know her sister is into me; overwhelmed by the options LOL.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 06:55 PM
  #458
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,165
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
And from the impression i get, Jokerit is like the Maple Leafs of the FEL .
I do not understand the comparison. Did you mean Ilves?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
  #459
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Anyone know the time of the game here in Ottawa? I actually have the day off and would love to see it.
Helsinki is +3 GMT, Ottawa -4 GMT, so there's a 7 hour time difference. The game starts at 6:30 PM Helsinki time so I believe it's 11:30 AM Ottawa time.

If there isn't a stream where to see the game (there usually isn't), the only option is to pay 12 € (about 15.3 CAD).

People all over the world can pay to watch SM-Liiga games if they want to, including North America. 1 game costs 12 euros, 5 games 40 euros (51.2 CAD) and 10 games 70 euros (89.6 CAD). The site is in Finnish only but Google Translate might help.

On the top banner there's SM-Liiga and you can see "Jokerit - Ilves". Under the word "Ilves" there's "Osta" which means "buy." The stream starts at 18:00, which is 6:00 PM Hellsinki or 11:00 AM Ottawa. First you have to register "rekisteröidy." Might require some google translating but shouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult.

http://www.urhotv.fi/sarjakortit/

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
  #460
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Highlights from today's Jokerit game against local rival, Espoo Blues.

Erik's assist on PP on 2-man advantage @ 0:43. A great goal attempt from Karlsson @ 2:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaejKxFEdGg

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
  #461
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,165
vCash: 50
Thanks for updates and highlights, broski.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
  #462
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20,165
vCash: 50
When the Finnish commentator was reporting on the game then said, "Who let the dogs out." I burst into laughter.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
  #463
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
When the Finnish commentator was reporting on the game then said, "Who let the dogs out." I burst into laughter.
"Sallinen's fourth goal of the season makes the arena's speakers shout Baha Men's Who Let the Dogs Out."

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 10:58 PM
  #464
yoplait
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
I just wanted to say thank you so much Kentti! You've been great with keeping us updated!

yoplait is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:22 AM
  #465
Mara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Is Turris the type that gets easily frustrated? For the last couple of games it seems like his lack of scoring is getting to him, he's not as diligent skating to defense as he was earlier. So far in 6 games he has scored 2 goals and one of them was an empty netter. His line shouldn't be an issue as his wingers are number 2 and 5 in SM-liiga points. I just hope that he isn't the type that breaks down mentally if things don't go as expected.

Mara is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:29 AM
  #466
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoplait View Post
I just wanted to say thank you so much Kentti! You've been great with keeping us updated!
No prob! It's the least I can do seeing your guy Karlsson play in my team. Since the lockout, there has been a considerable rise in attendance all over the FEL. I wonder why...

All the games and stats can be found here, albeit in gibberish. Google translate helps.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/

Next up is Turris today at 6:30 PM Helsinki time, 11:30 AM Ottawa time. Lahti Pelicans host Turris's Oulu Kärpät (Ermines or Weasels). As you probably already know, in Europe the home team is on the left or on top in statistics. NA does it the other way round.

Some trivia information for you guys. We call Erik Karlsson in Finland as "Världens bästa Karlsson" which means "Worlds Best Karlsson" in Swedish. The name comes from a Swedish children's book called "Karlsson på taket" which means "Karlsson-on-the-Roof" in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlsson-on-the-Roof

The first time Karlsson played for Jokerit, Hartwall Arena jumbotron showed a text "Välkommen Erik Karlsson" (Welcome Erik Karlsson) with the music from the movie adaptation from Världens bästa Karlsson you can see yourself from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2aPDsj8g0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7M4WbIM3I

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
  #467
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Is Turris the type that gets easily frustrated? For the last couple of games it seems like his lack of scoring is getting to him, he's not as diligent skating to defense as he was earlier. So far in 6 games he has scored 2 goals and one of them was an empty netter. His line shouldn't be an issue as his wingers are number 2 and 5 in SM-liiga points. I just hope that he isn't the type that breaks down mentally if things don't go as expected.
my guess is, he is. unfortunately. i think he needs good positive buddies (or coach) around him to relax him and help him keep focus. Paul Maclean will help.

Icelevel is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
  #468
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post

Some trivia information for you guys. We call Erik Karlsson in Finland as "Världens bästa Karlsson" which means "Worlds Best Karlsson" in Swedish. The name comes from a Swedish children's book called "Karlsson på taket" which means "Karlsson-on-the-Roof" in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlsson-on-the-Roof

The first time Karlsson played for Jokerit, Hartwall Arena jumbotron showed a text "Välkommen Erik Karlsson" (Welcome Erik Karlsson) with the music from the movie adaptation from Världens bästa Karlsson you can see yourself from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2aPDsj8g0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7M4WbIM3I
when he has kids, he will be reading that book to them, no?

Icelevel is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
  #469
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 4116
I don't think its abnormal for a 23 year old to get flustered easily. Composure improves with age. Its not a problem.

derriko is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  #470
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 12,301
vCash: 265
Looking at the pictures of Karlsson makes me laugh. Advertisements everywhere except for the manufacturer of the equipment. That gets taped over haha

Qward is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
  #471
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Looking at the pictures of Karlsson makes me laugh. Advertisements everywhere except for the manufacturer of the equipment. That gets taped over haha
That's the way of life in Leagues where a team may have the same budget as one star player's annual salary in the NHL. You get a lot of money from sponsors so you display their logos on your jersey. And you get used to it, we pay no attention to it.

The same goes with the top scorer of a team wearing a golden helmet to indicate his status. Opposing team's d-men don't especially target golden helmet players as one would think.

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
  #472
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Turris just finished his game with a win and here's his stats.

OCT 25, 2012: KÄRPÄT @ PELICANS 3 - 0
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- +1, PIM 0, S 3, TOI 17:30

Kyle's stats after 7 games: G 2, A 3, P 5, +/- +4, PIM 6, S 34, average TOI 19:53

As usual, highlights when they appear.

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
  #473
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
when he has kids, he will be reading that book to them, no?
Probably. But his kids will be Karlssons too. So who's the world's best Karlsson then?

Kentti is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  #474
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Probably. But his kids will be Karlssons too. So who's the world's best Karlsson then?
all of them

Icelevel is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
  #475
Poolshark
Registered User
 
Poolshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
That's the way of life in Leagues where a team may have the same budget as one star player's annual salary in the NHL. You get a lot of money from sponsors so you display their logos on your jersey. And you get used to it, we pay no attention to it.

The same goes with the top scorer of a team wearing a golden helmet to indicate his status. Opposing team's d-men don't especially target golden helmet players as one would think.
But in Europe we don't have commercial breaks/TV Timeouts that interrupt the games...If I could, i would chose rather the sponsors on the shirt than additional breaks.

Poolshark is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.