HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nilan- The Last Gladiators....

Old
10-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Nilan- The Last Gladiators....

Looks great, this is the way we should always think Vs Boston or Toronto!.. We Need To Fight!

Nilan is the Grit Montreal needs....

The Last Gladiators - Official Trailer. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151044174686853

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Jigger77

Been looking forward to this movie for a long time. Can't wait to see it.

Anybody have the details on where and when it will be playing?

Last edited by Jigger77: 10-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Jigger77

Surprised how little interest this is generating here.

Anyway, Just wondering is someone happens to know where this is playing? It's out on Friday according to TSN690. Can't seem to find it online.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
DJ Breadman

well you can only see it if you live in a big city, i'm not going to judge a movie off the tralier

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Well, should be a good one, given that its an Alex Gibney project.
Guy who directed Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, which is a great DOC.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'll have to wait until it's on the net somewhere.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Well, should be a good one, given that its an Alex Gibney project.
Guy who directed Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, which is a great DOC.
Oh wow. Had no idea it was from the same guys. Loved that documentary. (in that it pissed me off quite a bit)

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Surprised how little interest this is generating here.

Anyway, Just wondering is someone happens to know where this is playing? It's out on Friday according to TSN690. Can't seem to find it online.
Really with all the anti fighters that are here ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Really with all the anti fighters that are here ?
I think I see enough posts around here to say that there are very, very few people who are completely against fighting in hockey. Even fewer still that don't love/like Knuckles.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think I see enough posts around here to say that there are very, very few people who are completely against fighting in hockey. Even fewer still that don't love/like Knuckles.
Problem is, the Bruins know how to build a tough team and we haven't been able to do that.

They always get the best player-fighters. Thornton is the best 4th line fighter-player in the league (we could have had him). Lucic is the best first line fighter in the league (we could have drafted him - he was MVP of the playoffs in junior, hardly a secret). Chara is the best fighter the league has ever had probably (we could have signed him). And their other fighters are all tougher than our guys except maybe Moen, and now we have Prust who can hold his own on occasion with heavyweights as a middleweight (we could have had any of them).

Not the era for us to be fighting with them. We have to play two way hockey and have more grit while upgrading the size/skill where we can (grit/toughness). Tall order.

If our priority was puck possession, then skating should not have been an absolute criteria. We could have fit Chara and Lucic into a framework, like the Bruins did. You can't play puck possession with a bunch of second tier midgets. If you don't have size, you need superstars and depth, at least.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 10-24-2012 at 06:26 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

There's a showing of it at a film festival, or something in Toronto... I believe tonight.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Why is this turning into another toughness thread? Seriously if you are that insecure about pound for pound fighting watch more LNAH or something.

Anyway I heard good things about this, doubt it'll be showing in the US so I'll have to pirate it if I can. Nilan was a warrior and I'm glad he's manage to sort out his life.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Why is this turning into another toughness thread? Seriously if you are that insecure about pound for pound fighting watch more LNAH or something.

Anyway I heard good things about this, doubt it'll be showing in the US so I'll have to pirate it if I can. Nilan was a warrior and I'm glad he's manage to sort out his life.
I'll let you know if I find something online.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:58 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Problem is, the Bruins know how to build a tough team and we haven't been able to do that.

They always get the best player-fighters. Thornton is the best 4th line fighter-player in the league (we could have had him). Lucic is the best first line fighter in the league (we could have drafted him - he was MVP of the playoffs in junior, hardly a secret). Chara is the best fighter the league has ever had probably (we could have signed him). And their other fighters are all tougher than our guys except maybe Moen, and now we have Prust who can hold his own on occasion with heavyweights as a middleweight (we could have had any of them).

Not the era for us to be fighting with them. We have to play two way hockey and have more grit while upgrading the size/skill where we can (grit/toughness). Tall order.

If our priority was puck possession, then skating should not have been an absolute criteria. We could have fit Chara and Lucic into a framework, like the Bruins did. You can't play puck possession with a bunch of second tier midgets. If you don't have size, you need superstars and depth, at least.
not sure if I should cry or laugh at you

bud12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM
katatoniak

Quote:

That's funny ...

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
not sure if I should cry or laugh at you
Chara would of been crying if he ever met Probert.

Every time Chara fights a heavy he goes for the easy wrestle them to the ground before they bust his jaw with a punch routine. Scott Parker nailed him really good, heck Langdon beat Chara while giving up over 50 pounds.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Back on topic brosefs. talk about the movie!

Old
10-25-2012, 01:03 AM
windycity

Quote:
Back on topic brosefs. talk about the movie!
I liked the part in the film where Nilan pounded Chara . . . that was good

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
There's a showing of it at a film festival, or something in Toronto... I believe tonight.
It's playing across Canada. I found showtimes for Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa etc but can't find one for Montreal for whatever reason.

Actually, Just found it at the AMC Forum. They must have added it this morning.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:33 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

A couple of pals of mine who aren't even hockey fans saw it and said it was excellent and that they are now huge fans of Chris Nilan!

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Joe Cole

Guys that are not a fan of Nilan are guys that do not understand being a team mate.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Well it's playing at the Cineplex Montreal Forum Friday open to all public(tomorrow) @ 8:15. Very fitting location... Q&A with Knuckles after the show.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Guys that are not a fan of Nilan are guys that do not understand being a team mate.
Ain't that the truth,any fan of the game old enough to have seen Chris in his heyday,would have given most anything for Nilan to play on their team.Nuff said!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Chris Nilan is the man.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:

Chara is definitely NOT the best fighter the league has ever seen, and he's not even top 10. Dude will go down fast whenever he fights a guy that can match him physically or knows how to fight.

We used to dress a tough lineup of guys who could play but we decided to go against that for some dumb reason. We once drafted guys like Nilan, Corson, Keane, Tucker, and then insulated them with tough guys who wouldnt embarass themselves out there like Kordic, Ewen, Roberge and the likes...Odelein as well.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote