HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers during the lockout (12/12: Stepan, McDonagh, Nash, Del Zotto return home)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
  #301
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Interesting. Maybe that chart is inaccurate. Islanders Point Blank cites 160 games as the mark as why Hamonic couldn't be sent down.

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...-lockouts-end/

Who the **** knows though. Seemed like that made the most sense.
I think the problem you're having is that you're counting from the time they started playing/their current age. The age you have to pick is the age when a prospect first signs their ELC, not when they begin playing. Take McDonagh: it's when he signed his contract (not sure exactly what age he signed--but am 99% sure it was before he turned 21). So you look at the chart and discover that if he's played less than 160 NHL games--and remember it's regular season games and playoff games--he's waiver exempt and would be eligible to play in the AHL during the lockout. For better or worse, he's played in more than 160 games, so he can't play in the AHL. Ditto Hagelin: he signed at 22, has played more than 70 NHL games and so can't play in the AHL during the lockout because he's no longer waiver exempt.

The chart you originally posted is correct by the way.


Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 10-22-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
  #302
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Should have stated it but Hall IS eligible to play in the AHL. He's still on his ELC and the waiver rules state that at age 20 you either have to have played 160+ games or signed the NHL contract 3 years ago. Hall meets neither requirement so he can play in the AHL.

To use McDonagh as an example, he's currently 23. At 23 you either have had to sign your first NHL contract 3 years ago or play 60 NHL games, whichever comes first. McD has obviously played 60+ games so he's not eligible to play in the AHL.

Using Stepan now, same rules apply as McD except it's 70+ games now as he's only 22. Stepan's played 164 NHL games so he isn't eligible either.
You're correct about Hall--he's only played 126 NHL games (and signed his ELC at 18), so once he's healthy he can be sent to the AHL and play there for the rest of the lockout.

Stepan signed at either 19 or 20, is still on his ELC, but has played more than 160 games, so he's not exempt from waivers and could not be sent to the AHL for the lockout.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:33 AM
  #303
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
Is Gilroy exempt from that rule because he's a free agent so he can sign the AHL contract with the Whale until the lockout is over? He's played in 194 games... I'm guessing it's because he is a free agent, but I'm just curious.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:36 AM
  #304
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,504
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Is Gilroy exempt from that rule because he's a free agent so he can sign the AHL contract with the Whale until the lockout is over? He's played in 194 games... I'm guessing it's because he is a free agent, but I'm just curious.
Yup. He was a UFA that signed an AHL contract.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:50 AM
  #305
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I think the problem you're having is that you're counting from the time they started playing/their current age. The age you have to pick is the age when a prospect first signs their ELC, not when they begin playing. Take McDonagh: it's when he signed his contract (not sure exactly what age he signed--but am 99% sure it was before he turned 21). So you look at the chart and discover that if he's played less than 160 NHL games--and remember it's regular season games and playoff games--he's waiver exempt and would be eligible to play in the AHL during the lockout. For better or worse, he's played in more than 160 games, so he can't play in the AHL. Ditto Hagelin: he signed at 22, has played more than 70 NHL games and so can't play in the AHL during the lockout because he's no longer waiver exempt.

The chart you originally posted is correct by the way.
So the games played stipulation is for when you signed the contract, not current age. That makes sense. I was on the right track at least

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
  #306
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Carl Hagelin

Heard today from quite a reliable source that Carl Hagelin has really been tearing it up in Sweden for Södertälje. He apparently seems to have taken a step forward from last year (he was but a mere NHL rookie) and developed a bit more. Dominated the ice last night against Kopitars Mora netting 2 goals. There was no question who the best player of the game - my source said. He will be a top 6 player for years to come. Sign this damn CBA and drop the frigging puck!

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-ar...odertalje.html

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
  #307
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,901
vCash: 500
The only people that were denying Hagelin had top 6 upside were the people that wouldn't let his draft position go.

IMO he proved he easily has top 6 potential last season.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:13 PM
  #308
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,574
vCash: 500
Isn't he playing in a second tier league? I'd expect him to tear it up there...

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 02:53 PM
  #309
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,504
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Isn't he playing in a second tier league? I'd expect him to tear it up there...
Yes, he is. Still, his performance (9 points in 5 games) has been great so far. For comparison's sake, Anze Kopitar has 11 points in 11 games. Obviously an extremely small sample.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
  #310
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yes, he is. Still, his performance (9 points in 5 games) has been great so far. For comparison's sake, Anze Kopitar has 11 points in 11 games. Obviously an extremely small sample.
Yeah I thought Kopitar was in that league. As long as Hagelin can stay healthy he will be a top 6 forward throughout his career. You can't teach speed like his.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
  #311
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yes, he is. Still, his performance (9 points in 5 games) has been great so far. For comparison's sake, Anze Kopitar has 11 points in 11 games. Obviously an extremely small sample.


That ain't bad at all.

I'm real antsy to see him back on garden ice.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
  #312
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,099
vCash: 500
MDZ and Girardi rumoured to join Hagelin in Södertälje. Detroit's Jonathan Ericsson joined the team today as well.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
  #313
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Del Zotto weighing offer

Del Zotto has an offer from a Swiss team.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...play-overseas/

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:47 AM
  #314
Faxius
Registered User
 
Faxius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Hagelin injured his shoulder. He did not play in the 3rd period of yesterdays game.

– "He felt he couldn't go 100% into the physical game, so he wanted to rest" - Södertäljes Coach Strömwall

The extent of the injury is still unclear

Link to Swedish paper

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
  #315
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxius View Post
Hagelin injured his shoulder. He did not play in the 3rd period of yesterdays game.

– "He felt he couldn't go 100% into the physical game, so he wanted to rest" - Södertäljes Coach Strömwall

The extent of the injury is still unclear

Link to Swedish paper
sounds extremely similar to nash's. i'm not worried.


does anybody have a stream link for the barys game?

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
  #316
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,504
vCash: 50
Awards:
RANGERS PROPERTY
PlayerGamesGoalsAssistsPoints+/-PIMTeam/League
Hagelin, Carl85611+90Södertälje SK/HA
McDonagh, Ryan6033+44HC Barys Astana/KHL
Nash, Rick129514+26HC Davos/NLA

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:45 AM
  #317
bleeding blue 24
Calgary Flames GM
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Switzerland
Country: United States
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Swiss newspaper says that DZ has signed with Rapperswil-Jona Lakers in Switzerland. They already have Spezza.
Not a real good team, but overachieving so far. (5th in a league of 12 teams)

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...uegel-12127884

They claim that he is the better all-around defender than Mark Streit.
I hope he will become that in the future but i don't think he's that good

bleeding blue 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
  #318
Poolshark
Registered User
 
Poolshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
MDZ confirmed to Rapperswil-Jona Lakers http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/32019. He's already on his way to Switzerland, arriving 1st November, should play his first game Friday against Kloten Flyers.

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
  #319
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,504
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue 24 View Post
Swiss newspaper says that DZ has signed with Rapperswil-Jona Lakers in Switzerland. They already have Spezza.
Not a real good team, but overachieving so far. (5th in a league of 12 teams)

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...uegel-12127884

They claim that he is the better all-around defender than Mark Streit.
I hope he will become that in the future but i don't think he's that good
They also have David Aebischer in goal and former Islander Juraj Kolnik up front. And then a bunch of guys I've never heard of.

To the bit about Streit--last year's Del Zotto was a better all-around defenseman than last year's Streit. Can Del Zotto become a consistent performer though? That's the question. I know Streit is your Swiss homeboy and all...

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
  #320
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark View Post
MDZ confirmed to Rapperswil-Jona Lakers http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/32019. He's already on his way to Switzerland, arriving 1st November, should play his first game Friday against Kloten Flyers.
Interesting that they would have a team in Switzerland and in Kloten.

Edit: Zurich and Kloten*


Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 10-31-2012 at 03:32 PM.
ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
  #321
holyprime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue 24 View Post
They claim that he is the better all-around defender than Mark Streit.
I hope he will become that in the future but i don't think he's that good
No, it's only that guy, he loves to make strange assumptions (like here, based solely on a +/- comparison), and he writes like 5 articles a day. He's horrible.

Del Zotto might get quite a lot to do, its the worst defence in the league, and that with Aebischer actually playing pretty good.

holyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:07 PM
  #322
Poolshark
Registered User
 
Poolshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
They also have David Aebischer in goal and former Islander Juraj Kolnik up front. And then a bunch of guys I've never heard of.
In my opinion with the arrival of Del Zotto, and if he's in a good condition, Kolnik might be cut off. We have a limit for foreign players on the match sheet, and so far I think Spezza will be set for friday, and at the moment Kolnik is the weakest of them, but we'll see.

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:30 PM
  #323
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,504
vCash: 50
Awards:
Interesting. What is the limit on foreign-born players? I see that the team also has Robbie Earl, Derrick Walser and Peter Sejna as non-Swiss players.


Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-31-2012 at 02:39 PM.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:39 PM
  #324
Poolshark
Registered User
 
Poolshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Interesting. What is the limit on foreign-born players?
4 on the Match sheet. But it's not the question of where the player is born, but a question of his nationality. If a player will get a swiss passport (like corey schneider) or had his first licence as junior in Switzerland he'll not strain the contingent. Pe. we have also Nicolas Thibaudeau in our team, he's born in Canada but he's a "Hockey-Swiss" http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=64408

Edit: Yes that's correct, Sejna, Kolnik, Earl, Walser that were the 4 with which we planned the season before the whole lockout thing. Then Spezza joined the team, and Walser is injured since a few games, Walser is the only defender of the foreign players, so it's a good thing that with Del Zotto we have an alternative now.

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  #325
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,260
vCash: 500
Del Zotto is going to have lots of fun on the larger ice surface--this will be a good experience for him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.