Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
GordonHowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BTW, Miami University created a beautiful You Can Play video. I can't watch this without tearing up:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:55 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
I may be in the minority, but I think "Beatle" is underrated. Get a kick out of his Mazz impersonations every now and then (*Slow Mazz-like voice* "Hey Felgahhh, the Bruins should trade Krejci and get a snipahhh like Booorby Ryan.").
I like Marc Bertrand a lot. He certainly has a face for radio. And Chris Gasper is an intelligent, thoughtful fellow as well.

I generally like Tony, but can't handle the heilium overdrive bit, or the lame, fish in a barrel Dopey Fan schtick. He should go back to reading rapid fire listener texts. Those bits were funny.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Felger is about to go on a Seguin is an alcoholic and Kane is going to make it worse rant.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Felger is about to go on a Seguin is an alcoholic and Kane is going to make it worse rant.
The man knows his hockey.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Shaun
beauty

I listened to WEEI today for 10 minutes today and I determined Glenn Ordway knows more about hockey than Felger. Fact not opinion. It's a shame that Ordway and the rest of the station aren't allowed to talk hockey more often.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
I listened to WEEI today for 10 minutes today and I determined Glenn Ordway knows more about hockey than Felger. Fact not opinion. It's a shame that Ordway and the rest of the station aren't allowed to talk hockey more often.
For example?

Old
10-24-2012, 05:24 PM
MattFromFranklin

Last year (2011), before the Flyers series, a couple callers dug into him for jumping on the bandwagon. one fan challenged him to name the 6 d-men, and he could only name 2, before spewing out Greg Campbell, which, of course, the caller called him out for, for being a "pinkhat." In 2010, in the last few minutes of the D&H Show, when they gave a recap of their show and asked what The Big Show would be talking about, Dale mentioned that when they had Milbury on it was a great interview. They talked about the Bergeron/Chara contracts that had been handed out in Prague, and Ordway basically said to extend Bergeron was stupid (because of his concussion history). He also said this year that the Bruins should offer Alex Semin a big contract after the Caps outlasted us in 7. Despite the fact that he's one of the laziest players in the league, supposedly has a piss-poor attitude, and would drive Claude insane by his inability to be above average, consistenly, in the defensive zone.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:51 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

Turk on MvsW (puckdaddy podcast) @ 2PM

From Jeff Marek's FB:

If you've followed the podcast for any length of time you've heard me + Wysh talk about the infamous Sanderson/Falkenberg incident from the 1965 Memorial Cup in Edmonton. For me it's one of the most violent things I've ever seen in the game.

Derek Sanderson will be on the show today talking about the incident, his career and his new book, "Crossing the Line". I have a feeling this will be a 'don't miss' interview.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:07 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I don't know what is more painful to Gerry Callahan on WEEI, having Obama, Warren, and Tierney win, but not being able to go off on it this morning

who knows maybe he will- but they have lost so many followers by ranting against the Democrats they been told to basically shut up or go find another radio station that will do this

Old
11-07-2012, 05:43 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Callahan's got that look on his face that I've had for the last few hours. The other dude doesn't look like Meterparel though.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Callahan's got that look on his face that I've had for the last few hours. The other dude doesn't look like Meterparel though.
Meterparel left, didn't he?

Old
11-07-2012, 07:58 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Meterparel left, didn't he?
He left or was pushed out. His story was that he was leaving to do more play by play calls, but he hasn't announced a new gig. Speculation is that he may replace Santos for the Pats call next year, but at this point he's not doing much other than his call of the BC Eagles games.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He left or was pushed out. His story was that he was leaving to do more play by play calls, but he hasn't announced a new gig. Speculation is that he may replace Santos for the Pats call next year, but at this point he's not doing much other than his call of the BC Eagles games.
From the scuttlebutt I have heard is that his contract was up and he knew they were either not going to renew it or not give him a more money so he asked to bow out on his own to save face.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:26 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
From the scuttlebutt I have heard is that his contract was up and he knew they were either not going to renew it or not give him a more money so he asked to bow out on his own to save face.
Yeah, I'm sure they threw him an offer to stay, but whether it was less than what he was already making is the big question. If you're expecting a raise and they give you nothing or even less, then what does that really say?

Old
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
I doubt it seeing as Zo can't stand him and 98.5 has the rights. My guess is that Steve Burton will take over.

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-07-2012, 08:32 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I doubt it seeing as Zo can't stand him and 98.5 has the rights. My guess is that Steve Burton will take over.
Ugh. That would be even worse, as I find him to be insufferable. Besides that, I don't really recall Burton ever doing play by play.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:36 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I have heard the same thing- he is going to the rival station and do play by play and the mid day show

Old
11-07-2012, 08:46 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I have heard the same thing- he is going to the rival station and do play by play and the mid day show
I assume that Gresh would be the odd man out if this were to happen? I'm not a fan of Meter's at all, but I hate Andy Gresh with a passion, so I'd be okay with it.

I find Gresh to be the most condescending, annoying, overbearing, intentionally obtuse, blow hard on the radio today.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
I assume that Gresh would be the odd man out if this were to happen? I'm not a fan of Meter's at all, but I hate Andy Gresh with a passion, so I'd be okay with it.

I find Gresh to be the most condescending, annoying, overbearing, intentionally obtuse, blow hard on the radio today.
Amen and don't tell me that he talks like that naturally.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Wow, there's a lot of competition for that honor.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:55 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Wow, there's a lot of competition for that honor.
It takes a lot to differentiate yourself from the rest of the asshats in a field dominated by turds, but Gresh has been up to the task.

I honestly never thought anyone would displace Ted Sarandis for the biggest turd in the proverbial radio sports talk punchbowl, but Gresh has that stiff beaten by a mile.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Shaun
beauty

dennis and callahan have been crying on twitter the last two days that the midget wolfe won't let them talk politics anymore.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
dennis and callahan have been crying on twitter the last two days that the midget wolfe won't let them talk politics anymore.
I follow Callahan and I have not seen any of those tweets.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Maria Stanizzi ‏@mariaofh2otown
@HeyCallahan Hey - are you allowed to even tweet about politics??? JK! I miss the political banter on WEEI.

and he responds with this

Gerry Callahan ‏@HeyCallahan
@mariaofh2otown Actually I'm not, Maria, but I've got to do something. Haven't got my marijuana script yet

Mike Kozlowski ‏@koztipation
@JohnDennisWEEI @HeyCallahan tell your #dingdong decision makers for the gag order that I'm not happy, but still watching/listening today.

and he responds

Gerry Callahan ‏@HeyCallahan
@koztipation @JohnDennisWEEI Thanks for hanging in there, Mike. We appreciate it

theres more on dennis' but clearly he's mad that he was given a gag order.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Responses at people don't show up. That is why you see a lot of tweets with responses start with a period, so it doesn't treat it like a response and shows up in followers' feeds.

Closed Thread