HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey & Logo Talk (Green To Stay Confirmed!)

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 12:59 AM
TrillMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
:shakehe ad
Second this ^ X 1,000!

Old
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
Wait so this information was released somewhere?
No. I just spoke with someone who has inside info. Apparently the most popular symbol was done up in Cowboys colors. From what I understand though, they kept coming back to our green/black/gold scheme. Possibly with silver added. so that's what I believe we'll see. With a different symbol. I would like our ST/\RS symbol, but I believe they're going in a different direction there.

As far as the Sept 12 date, I spoke with someone actually on the inside - fairly high up too. I'll just say he's been mentioned in this thread. So definitely something is in already, we as fans just don't know what. That's of course assuming they came up with something. I highly doubt they scrapped the whole thing.

As for the red/green/silver - I don't think it was a serious contender.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:17 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
I definitely think that's right that whatever it'll be has already been decided and locked down. These things take way longer than you'd think to get approvals and get manufactured.

The idea of a different logo scares me. So much room for disaster.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:22 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I definitely think that's right that whatever it'll be has already been decided and locked down. These things take way longer than you'd think to get approvals and get manufactured.

THIS. I'm just hoping green is back with a logo and not a type infront of our jersey..

Old
10-24-2012, 05:35 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Although, any Star logo is better than a couple letters.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

Don't make me post the Mooterus.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
I loved that jersey from the late 90s

Old
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
It disgusts me anytime I see someone wear that abomination around the AAC. Can't believe so many own it.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011

Last edited by Stars99Lobo37: 10-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:

You'll have to re-do your avatar! D:

Old
10-24-2012, 07:10 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
It disgusts me anytime I see someone where that abomination around the AAC. Can't believe so many own it.
I was playing for the Junior Stars when those pieces of S came out. One of the rich kids' dad bought the whole team those (for alternates). I was happy to get a free jersey at the time, but even then as a 15 year old I thought they were hideous.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:40 PM
tjcurrie

Personally I don't know why we would change the symbol. Can't we keep something? It's synonymous with our team - in the same category as symbols like the Flyers; Penguins (though they've made a couple alterations through the years before coming back); Oilers; Flames; heck even the original 6. Obviously the original 6 pre-dates us by a mile but all the teams I mentioned have symbols that are recognizable and are synonymous with their teams. I think our ST/\RS symbol is original and to the point. Modern yet traditional. It's perfect.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
Quote:
It disgusts me anytime I see someone wear that abomination around the AAC. Can't believe so many own it.
I can believe it, I'll be buying the new jersey regardless. Although I'll admit I'm a jersey sucker. I have three of the current version. (side note I don't have a mooterus jersey, if I had the money then I would have)

Old
10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
As far as the Sept 12 date
Unless it was just changed, the jersey needs to be submitted to the league before the end of the year.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Unless it was just changed, the jersey needs to be submitted to the league before the end of the year.
I was told September 12 by somebody high up in the Stars organization. This was back in early summer.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:52 AM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Anyone know when teams usually reveal new jerseys? Like the season before they are used, or the summer before?

Old
10-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
Anyone know when teams usually reveal new jerseys? Like the season before they are used, or the summer before?
Usually is the offseason. Tampa is the only one I can remember introducing it before the season was over at least.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:58 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
I was told September 12 by somebody high up in the Stars organization. This was back in early summer.
Trav, do you know if they have a design chosen already or have a couple they are undecided on? Kinda curious who your source is if he is high up. Nieuwy?

Old
10-25-2012, 09:38 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Trav, do you know if they have a design chosen already or have a couple they are undecided on? Kinda curious who your source is if he is high up. Nieuwy?
I don't know for sure. I just "know" this:

They were working on something and as of early summer/late spring it had to be in by Sept 12 in order to be ready for the 2013-14 season.

I sent a green mock to someone high up and they loved it. Also agreed with my greener/more colorful/dipping in to the past a little preference. This person is the one who gave me the Sept 12 date.

They were mulling over a few different color schemes, including Dallas Cowboys colors, and were looking at different symbols. In the end, the green/gold/black color scheme seemed to be what they were leaning towards - possibly adding some silver highlights. I got that info from a friend who has a friend on the inside so take it for what it's worth. Apparently the new background over at www.dallasstars.com gives a little insight - it's laced with silver and has a star on a shield.

I'm positive they have something, but that's just my guess based on all of that. I'm also guessing we'll see green/gold/black with a new symbol and possibly silver.

If none of that comes to fruition then either things changed from what I was last told, or my source is just plain wrong but I don't think so.

Last edited by tjcurrie: 10-25-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 10:14 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
I don't know for sure. I just "know" this:

They were working on something and as of early summer/late spring it had to be in by Sept 12 in order to be ready for the 2013-14 season.

I sent a green mock to someone high up and they loved it. Also agreed with my greener/more colorful/dipping in to the past a little preference. This person is the one who gave me the Sept 12 date.

They were mulling over a few different color schemes, including Dallas Cowboys colors, and were looking at different symbols. In the end, the green/gold/black color scheme seemed to be what they were leaning towards - possibly adding some silver highlights. I got that info from a friend who has a friend on the inside so take it for what it's worth. Apparently the new background over at www.dallasstars.com gives a little insight - it's laced with silver and has a star on a shield.

I'm positive they have something, but that's just my guess based on all of that. I'm also guessing we'll see green/gold/black with a new symbol and possibly silver.

If none of that comes to fruition then either things changed from what I was last told, or my source is just plain wrong but I don't think so.
Thanks for the insight man. Getting anxious now

Old
10-25-2012, 10:36 AM
ColeJ

your source isn't just plain wrong. i can promise you that much. i also have a source that seems to have been fairly involved much earlier in the process than your source, so reading what you've written actually makes me a little relieved. i was incredibly worried.

i was told a few months ago that they were working on new uniforms and new logos for next season. the stars were very big on the idea of changing the color scheme. the stars were working with the adidas design team, and from what i've heard, the color schemes were basically green/gold, red/gold, red/blue, red/green, green/silver, and navy/silver. my source said that all the navy/silver logos looked strikingly like dallas cowboys logos, and that the stars were HEAVILY favoring them, while adidas was adamantly against it, saying that they worried about possible action by the cowboys against them if they were used by the stars.

the descriptions i've heard were that the primary logo will be an interlocking capital D with a star, while the secondary would likely be a roundel that looks vaguely like a sheriff's badge, only without a distinct western feel (Thank god). the team would also have a wordmark logo that would be used on helmets, print, etc, that looks almost identical to the current primary logo's text, only without the star. just the ST/\RS text, sans star.

every logo was made in every possible color scheme, and tested ad nauseum with the stars heavily favoring the cowboys colors or red.

if you've heard that they likely chose the green/black/gold combination, then i'm incredibly relieved.

it's true, and fairly common knowledge to uniform nerds, that changes do have to be finalized by mid-september of the year before they're unveiled. then they're usually unveiled around draft weekend of the summer before they're worn. so whatever the stars are doing, they've already chosen it. since mid-september, i've been nervous as hell about it, thinking that there are some navy and silver stars logos being printed up somewhere in frisco.

i will say that my source isn't a stars fan, but a professional graphic designer that i know. i won't name names for his sake. he also said that every logo he saw for the stars looked really nice, regardless of color scheme, with the exception of the cowboys colored ones that just looked jarringly like dallas cowboys logos. he said that he thinks fans will like the change, even if they ditch green. i told him that every stars fan i know would rather they just wear blank green practice jerseys than anything that isn't green/black/gold.

he also said that the flames were working on a black alternate jersey with an arched wordmark and front-number that he thought looked awful... and that buffalo is apparently making something black for a third jersey, but he never got to see it, which disappointed him since black isn't even part of their color scheme anymore.

Last edited by ColeJ: 10-25-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

I'm trying to think of another sports team that combines gold with silver... I'm not coming up with anything.

It's also interesting (and disturbing) to hear just how real the prospect of changing our colors was. That wasn't just the media idly speculating... you have to wonder how in touch with the fans management is. Hopefully they made the right decision in the end.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Coyotes fan lurking for no good reason (just a jersey nerd), so I'll be brief as you guys certainly don't need another good reason to hate Coyotes fans (). I'm actually quite shocked at what I've read so far in this thread. The simple DALLAS word mark on both the simple black and white jerseys are among my absolute favorites in the NHL. I LOVE the current set.

LOVE these...

10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

Well I don't think most people consider the current jerseys to be technically bad in an absolute sense, but just dreadfully boring. To a certain subset of people who like ultra-simplicity they'll be appealing.

If you look at any uniform ranking done by fans around the league the Stars are almost always either last or second to last. So it's not just us who dislike them.

Cole -- when you say an interlocking D with a star, do you mean that the D would go through the lines of the star sort of like a baseball cap mark where the various parts recede and come to the foreground at different points? I guess I'm thinking of something like the St. Louis Cardinals' cap logo when you say that.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
ColeJ

i wish i knew, piqued... it's hard to tell if they meant, since i never saw anything with my own eyes. it's all top secret. i'm just using the terminology as it as described to me.

and i think i'm in the ultra-simple subset, and actually really like our white jersey. it would just be better with waist stripes. and the black jersey would be a decent third jersey, but as a home jersey, it's missing the most important part of a stars jersey. our team color. GREEN.

we are the NHL's green team, and have been since 1967. the whalers ditched it for navy/green/grey and then red/black/grey. and the wild tried to claim it as their own, before deciding to go with red in their disastrous mismatch of 3 non-matching uniforms. but we can reclaim it. screw ralph for pretending it's okay for us to not wear green. just because we've gotten it wrong so many times in the past 2 decades doesn't mean it's okay to get it wrong again.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:29 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Well I don't think most people consider the current jerseys to be technically bad in an absolute sense, but just dreadfully boring. To a certain subset of people who like ultra-simplicity they'll be appealing.

If you look at any uniform ranking done by fans around the league the Stars are almost always either last or second to last. So it's not just us who dislike them.

Cole -- when you say an interlocking D with a star, do you mean that the D would go through the lines of the star sort of like a baseball cap mark where the various parts recede and come to the foreground at different points? I guess I'm thinking of something like the St. Louis Cardinals' cap logo when you say that.
Yeah they certainly arent as offending to the eyes as many other uniforms but there is no visual interest to them for me either. I really like the stars logo I dont know why theyve felt the need to ditch it and I am a bit worried from the description that the new logo wont be all that great.

Closed Thread