HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVI All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 04:39 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
His comments seems to point to "Too many chiefs not enough indians". Does that remind you of some new management's philosophy?
Not sure if you are talking about the Habs, but if you are comparing both managements, you are way way way off.

Old
09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty big cheque for a guy who's not really contributing offensively in the playoffs compared to his regular seasons. I would go 5+ for players that delivers when it counts the most. Of course, Lucic also do OTHER things than points I know, which might explain the additional 1 M$. Yet, he's a player I don't see that much of a progression from. Reason why though Chiarelli was great in handing him a 3-year contract.. Another reason though for the 6 M$. But it should pay off for both sides.

Hello Whitesnake, it's been a long time since I had the previledge of chatting with you..I guess with the lockout on top of us, there's not alot to talk about until a trade or a signing pops up.

I'm on another Bruins board where I spend alot of time. I'm not a regular here much but when i do pop in, I often look through your comments. Lol, I've often been over here in enemy territory being a Bruin fan but I've got my share of respect here also and I thank Hab fans for that!!

Like most fans on our board, we feel about the same as you on your assessment of the Lucic contract. We all love Lucic but his contract makes him the highest paid Bruin forward, That should without a doubt be Bergeron's contract, the one being the highest paid bruin forward. His scoring % is down in the playoffs as you mentioned. I realize he's only 24 and his scoring should increase as the seasons go by which brings me to his next contract. Cause if his points increase as it should, he'll be expecting an increase in pay again!!! Thats the contract that could be a major concern..I guess we'll have to wait and see on hat one..

Anyway my friend, I really only wanted to touch base...........Here's wishing you all the best hope you and your family are all well and healthy and finally, here's praying we'll soon have reason to get back to arguing over hockey and all the good stuff!!

all the very best
Ernest

Old
09-17-2012, 05:08 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
His comments seems to point to "Too many chiefs not enough indians". Does that remind you of some new management's philosophy?
Not even close...everyone who has been hired, serves a purpose on a team full of mgmt...everyone knows who is in charge off and on the ice...

Old
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Would be interesting to have the same coach who trained Roy move on to train Price.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
Would be interesting to have the same coach who trained Roy move on to train Price.
Under Pierre Groulx, the Habs have had consistently good goaltending, I'm not sure why we would wnat to change that.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Under Pierre Groulx, the Habs have had consistently good goaltending, I'm not sure why we would wnat to change that.
Maybe he wants a goalie coach for one timers and an other for slapshots

Old
09-17-2012, 08:43 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
No, not at all actually. Bergevin surrounded himself well but he's the head honcho.
Would you have said the same of Burke's way of doing things when he started? Anyway, just to say that there's disadvantages to having a lot of "advisory" positions just as having no one whatsoever. (The 2 extremes)

I hope Allaire finds work, one of the best out there according to many. Just not in Montreal since the habs are stacked as far as management & coaching goes.

Old
09-18-2012, 07:06 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Would you have said the same of Burke's way of doing things when he started? Anyway, just to say that there's disadvantages to having a lot of "advisory" positions just as having no one whatsoever. (The 2 extremes)

I hope Allaire finds work, one of the best out there according to many. Just not in Montreal since the habs are stacked as far as management & coaching goes.
Yes, because we know the thin crew that PG had, was the best solution.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:01 AM
maryannshabs*

Rangers Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I don't know if anyone else heard Pierre McGuire say yesterday on the radio that the Nash acquisition would be worth a goal per game improvement to the Rangers?! It's hard to imagine this kind of guesswork informing the decisions of an NHL GM. If the Rangers score 308 goals next year, I'll eat crow... but they won't.
Since the Infamous Scott Gomez trade, not only did we acquire a player who is basically useless to us, and at a very igh price, we gave up a potentail All Star future defenseman in Ryan MacDonagh, and we gave the NY Rangers tons of salary cap space to acquire players like Gaborik, Richards and now Rick Nash. So, who's eating crow now??

Old
09-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannshabs View Post
Since the Infamous Scott Gomez trade, not only did we acquire a player who is basically useless to us, and at a very igh price, we gave up a potentail All Star future defenseman in Ryan MacDonagh, and we gave the NY Rangers tons of salary cap space to acquire players like Gaborik, Richards and now Rick Nash. So, who's eating crow now??
Moving a 7.3 cap hit allowed the Rangers to bring in 21 million dollars in cap hits? That makes no sense.

The Rangers replaced Drury, Gomez and Redden's salaries with Nash's, Gaborik's and Richards'. It didn't only come from Gomez. It helped, but didn't cause all three.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Roulin

Quote:
So, you're saying the Rangers will score 308 goals? Or, you just completely misunderstood my post?

BTW, your praise of Ryan McDonagh complements your Timmins bashing one thread over nicely.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
So, you're saying the Rangers will score 308 goals? Or, you just completely misunderstood my post?

BTW, your praise of Ryan McDonagh complements your Timmins bashing one thread over nicely.
Which thread? Every single post that guy has made so far has been Timmins bashing.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Rick Nash cap hit 7.8m

Marian Gaborik cap hit 7.5m

Brad Richards cap hit 6.7m

Total 22m

Ryan McDonagh 1.2m cap year, RFA next year and should get 4+m
Under a 70m cap the Rangers have 11m free cap space

Scott Gomez cap hit 7.3m

Habs cap space under a 70m cap : 6.3m

Looking at all that, it seems to me you are grasping at straws to whine and ***** for no reason about the past. It was a bad trade, now get over it and stop trying to make it even worse than it really is. Rangers could have all these players even with Gomez onboard. At worst they'd waive him like they did to Redden.

Gainey and Gauthier are gone, of the entire old admin only Timmins remains and he's the one who found your precious McDonagh. Gomez will be gone soon enough. Why not growl in anger at the Habs drafting Doug Wickenheiser while you're at it?

Old
09-18-2012, 11:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Why don't you leave this post in the thread you already made about it ?

Old
09-20-2012, 06:32 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Bob Macs rankings for upcoming draft on TSN right now (based on surveying 10 NHL scouts)

Old
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
LeHab

He shoots, he scores, he fails.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:25 AM
guest1467

It's funny how easily you guys get trolled.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:18 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

In other news Evander Kane apparently joined the Gary Roberts training regime last summer: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/350060.html

Oh he's also suspended for 1 game.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Andy

Islanders moving to Brooklyn in 2015 is confirmed.

I hope we get more changes around the league. Pheonix and Columbus should be next.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Islanders moving to Brooklyn in 2015 is confirmed.

I hope we get more changes around the league. Pheonix and Columbus should be next.
Will they be playing in the Barclays Center?
(The Nets just moved there)

Old
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Protest the Hero

The capacity for a hockey game is under 15,000, and the layout is really weird. Although even getting 14,000 fans inside would still be huge for them.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Et le But

Barclays really isn't ideal for hockey but prior to this Ratner said when courting the Islanders that it might be possible to renovate the arena slightly. Will still have one of the lowest capacities in the league but realistically the Islanders should be aiming for 14k attendance anyway.

I'm originally from Nassau County, the first hockey game I ever went to was Isles vs Habs at the Colosseum, Brooklyn is a challenge but Nassau deserves this, there's a reason I left that place as soon as I was able to. Queens would have been ideal since Brooklyn is traditionally a Rangers market without the hockey appeal that basketball had for the Nets, but this should help the league long term.

Now time to move Phoenix.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Barclays really isn't ideal for hockey but prior to this Ratner said when courting the Islanders that it might be possible to renovate the arena slightly. Will still have one of the lowest capacities in the league but realistically the Islanders should be aiming for 14k attendance anyway.

I'm originally from Nassau County, the first hockey game I ever went to was Isles vs Habs at the Colosseum, Brooklyn is a challenge but Nassau deserves this, there's a reason I left that place as soon as I was able to. Queens would have been ideal since Brooklyn is traditionally a Rangers market without the hockey appeal that basketball had for the Nets, but this should help the league long term.

It's nitpicking, but if you're from that area you should know that it's spelled as the Coliseum (as distinct from the Colosseum in Rome). Anyway, it's an outmoded dump and the players and fans will find Barclay's to be more modern and comfortable. Good luck to the Islanders in their rivalry with the Rangers.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's nitpicking, but if you're from that area you should know that it's spelled as the Coliseum (as distinct from the Colosseum in Rome). Anyway, it's an outmoded dump and the players and fans will find Barclay's to be more modern and comfortable. Good luck to the Islanders in their rivalry with the Rangers.
In my defense I was in a rush to make that post and didn't double check it, blame autocorrect.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:19 PM
deandebean

Quote:

What's the neighborhood like near Barclay Center?

Closed Thread