HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Phx (Kadri & Hanzal)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2012, 10:47 AM
  #26
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Hanzel is exactly what the Leafs need, big defensive minded center. Plant him between Kessel & Lupul & let those 2 wingers run wild.

However Kadri & Lombardi arent close to getting Hanzel.

Burke would be wise to acquire Hanzel & Luongo (if) they were available. Hanzel would balance out perfectly w/ Kessel & Lupul, Luongo would be rock solid in goal.

Question is, what would PHX want in return? Probably Bozak & Lupul.. is that even close?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
  #27
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Hanzel is exactly what the Leafs need, big defensive minded center. Plant him between Kessel & Lupul & let those 2 wingers run wild.

However Kadri & Lombardi arent close to getting Hanzel.

Burke would be wise to acquire Hanzel & Luongo (if) they were available. Hanzel would balance out perfectly w/ Kessel & Lupul, Luongo would be rock solid in goal.

Question is, what would PHX want in return? Probably Bozak & Lupul.. is that even close?
No it's not. Why would Phx have any interest in Lupul? He might be the worst defensive forward in the league.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
  #28
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,309
vCash: 500
Yikes. That's brutal.

If you want Hanzal you're looking at real players; not a prospect who has proven nothing, and a cap dump. He's a really valuable player.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
  #29
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Realistically, the Leafs don't have anything that could get Hanzal. Sorry but it's true. Even Gardiner+ or Rielly+ wouldn't do it because they are stacked on defense.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
  #30
SupermanPahlsson
Registered User
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Hanzal is one of the sole reasons I hate Phoenix when the Ducks play them. He's Getzlaf kryptonite.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:27 PM
  #31
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,275
vCash: 500
Toronto would say yes, however Phoenix would say no and in the end that's why I can't see this happening.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
  #32
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
[/B]

Part of their stellar defense and goaltending is having an elite shutdown center like Hanzal. Take him away and their ability to defend and win in the playoffs really takes a major step backwards.
I completely agree, Hanzel is a big part of it. They do have an excess of defensemen to offer in a trade.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:00 PM
  #33
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
I completely agree, Hanzel is a big part of it. They do have an excess of defensemen to offer in a trade.
Yandle to EDM for Eberle makes sense,, give the Yotes some offensive spark on the wing.. gives Edmonton the franchise dman they currently lack.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
  #34
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
People think Hanzal can be had fairly easily due to the fact that he doesn't put up high numbers offensively. That being said, if you watch one Coyotes game, you will see why he is so valuable. He is awesome defensively. Think Patrice Bergeron. If he continues to improve offensively, he could be a number one center.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
  #35
Saving Greiss
#Bortuzzoed
 
Saving Greiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
And the underrating of Hanzal continues...

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
  #36
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
And the underrating of Hanzal continues...
He's my favourite nhl player right now. No.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:31 PM
  #37
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
I rather the Coyotes do well in the playoffs than get a good draft pick...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
  #38
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
I can't see the Leafs doing this. No matter what your opinion of Kadri is, he isn't about to be given up on by management. They still believe he's going to make an impact. They also have faith in one of McClement/Steckel as a shutdown C.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
  #39
crt
Registered User
 
crt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I can't see the Leafs doing this. No matter what your opinion of Kadri is, he isn't about to be given up on by management. They still believe he's going to make an impact. They also have faith in one of McClement/Steckel as a shutdown C.

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
  #40
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Elaborate? I stated why I don't see toronto doing this.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
  #41
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,425
vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I can't see the Leafs doing this. No matter what your opinion of Kadri is, he isn't about to be given up on by management. They still believe he's going to make an impact. They also have faith in one of McClement/Steckel as a shutdown C.
Hanzal's already accomplished what Kadri might accomplish.

Zero incentive for the Yotes to even consider this move.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
  #42
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
He's my favourite nhl player right now. No.
You offered Nazem frikin Kadri and a salary dump for him. Yes.


Phx wouldn't even trade him for Kessel. 100% guaranteed.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
  #43
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Hanzal's already accomplished what Kadri might accomplish.

Zero incentive for the Yotes to even consider this move.
In now way did I compare Kadri to Hanzal.

My point was that the leafs are currently satisfied with their bottom 6 centers and that Kadri would only be moved in a deal that fills a serious hole in the lineup, as the team has invested a lot of time and patience into his development and still hold high hopes of what he may do.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:12 PM
  #44
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
In now way did I compare Kadri to Hanzal.

My point was that the leafs are currently satisfied with their bottom 6 centers and that Kadri would only be moved in a deal that fills a serious hole in the lineup, as the team has invested a lot of time and patience into his development and still hold high hopes of what he may do.
Hanzal is PHX's #1 centre. I think he could handle the #1 job in Toronto.

good god.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:15 PM
  #45
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,676
vCash: 500
Here's my counter:

To TOR:
'13 5th
Goncharov

To PHX:
Connolly

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
  #46
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Elaborate? I stated why I don't see toronto doing this.
Let me jump in here:
1) I guarantee you that Leafs management wouldn't even think twice about moving Kadri for a player like Hanzal. Heck, I'd move 5 Kadri's for Hanzal. Kadri is exactly the kind of player the Leafs would move if they thought it would help the big club, especially with Carlyle in the drivers seat on the bench right now. I will be surprised if Kadri is still a Leaf by this time next year, he seems like he'll be the first prospect moved in a deal to help the team out elsewhere. I think most people realize that, hence Kadri being included in nearly every Leafs proposal on these boards.

2) I don't think "faith" in McClement/Steckel is the word I'd use in describing their role as shutdown centers. I'd say "placeholder" is a much better word that would more aptly describe their hold on that position on the team. The best of a bad bunch.

In conclusion, the "" was well deserved. It's ok though: we all suffer from acute cases of "Homeritis" at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
In now way did I compare Kadri to Hanzal.

My point was that the leafs are currently satisfied with their bottom 6 centers and that Kadri would only be moved in a deal that fills a serious hole in the lineup, as the team has invested a lot of time and patience into his development and still hold high hopes of what he may do.
Here's problem #1: you think Hanzal is a bottom 6 center. You need to get over that.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
  #47
SirloinUB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
You offered Nazem frikin Kadri and a salary dump for him. Yes.


Phx wouldn't even trade him for Kessel. 100% guaranteed.
This. I thought the exact same thing earlier (was going to post it). The reality is Hanzal contributes more to PHX success than Kessel could, despite the fact he is less productive.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
  #48
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Hanzal is PHX's #1 centre. I think he could handle the #1 job in Toronto.

good god.
No disrespect to Hanzal and what he brings, but the leafs aren't going to aquire a 34pt player to be their no1 center. They also aren't going to move Kadri because they're offered someone that's better than Bozak. Again, not trying to discredit Hanzal. Just saying, he's not a legit No1C, and I can't see the leafs being interested.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
  #49
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Let me jump in here:
1) I guarantee you that Leafs management wouldn't even think twice about moving Kadri for a player like Hanzal. Heck, I'd move 5 Kadri's for Hanzal. Kadri is exactly the kind of player the Leafs would move if they thought it would help the big club, especially with Carlyle in the drivers seat on the bench right now. I will be surprised if Kadri is still a Leaf by this time next year, he seems like he'll be the first prospect moved in a deal to help the team out elsewhere. I think most people realize that, hence Kadri being included in nearly every Leafs proposal on these boards.

2) I don't think "faith" in McClement/Steckel is the word I'd use in describing their role as shutdown centers. I'd say "placeholder" is a much better word that would more aptly describe their hold on that position on the team. The best of a bad bunch.

In conclusion, the "" was well deserved. It's ok though: we all suffer from acute cases of "Homeritis" at times.



Here's problem #1: you think Hanzal is a bottom 6 center. You need to get over that.
What is homeritis about my post? The part where I said Kadri is worth more? Or that he's a star propsect? Because I don't remember saying any of that.

Hanzal would certainly be one of our top2 centers, I'm not trying to discredit him. But I can't see the leafs doing this deal. Thats just my $0.02. But lets pointlessly go back and fourth about it some more.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:20 PM
  #50
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
No disrespect to Hanzal and what he brings, but the leafs aren't going to aquire a 34pt player to be their no1 center. They also aren't going to move Kadri because they're offered someone that's better than Bozak. Again, not trying to discredit Hanzal. Just saying, he's not a legit No1C, and I can't see the leafs being interested.
Hanzal is an Elite #2 centre

Kadri is FAR from a lock to even make the NHL

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.