HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Could Dynamo Moskva sign Crosby?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2012, 05:13 PM
  #1
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Could Dynamo Moskva sign Crosby?

Could we then see Ovechkin and Crosby on the same team?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
  #2
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Could we then see Ovechkin and Crosby on the same team?
No. Mainly due to the financial reasons and the fact they've already signed Backstrom.

Frankly, I don't think there's a team in the entire KHL which could sign Crosby.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
  #3
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rīga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Nop. KHL team is allowed to sign only one non-Russian NHL`er.

But again, if lockout will continue, maybe they will change the rules.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
  #4
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Nop. KHL team is allowed to sign only one non-Russian NHL`er.

But again, if lockout will continue, maybe they will change the rules.
If lockout continues Backstrom is planning to go back to Sweden and play for Brynas.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:16 PM
  #5
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rīga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
If lockout continues Backstrom is planning to go back to Sweden and play for Brynas.
Yeah, i heard that. Odd decision, IMHO.

So, he just wants what now? Play couple of games with hes buddy Ovi? And then if lockout will last, just go and play in more comfortable Finland? Ok, that actually make sense.

I thought, maybe some guys would do this other way. Go play couple of game in some weaker league, with more comfortable living conditions, and then if lockout last longer than couple of weeks/month, go play in more competitive/stronger league like KHL.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:38 PM
  #6
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
So, he just wants what now? Play couple of games with hes buddy Ovi? And then if lockout will last, just go and play in more comfortable Finland? Ok, that actually make sense.
Sweden. Other than that, I believe it's exactly right. I guess Ovechkin invited him and he accepted to play for Dinamo for some time. And when the games will actually mean something he will go to defend a championship for Brynas.

As NHL'ers are so expensive it's actually a good deal for Brynas only to pay for Backstrom when it counts.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:46 PM
  #7
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rīga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Sweden. Other than that, I believe it's exactly right. I guess Ovechkin invited him and he accepted to play for Dinamo for some time. And when the games will actually mean something he will go to defend a championship for Brynas.

As NHL'ers are so expensive it's actually a good deal for Brynas only to pay for Backstrom when it counts.
I see.

Soo, Dynamo will have a free spot for Crosby.

And yeah, Sweden of course. Brain not working too good at night.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  #8
tohaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Sweden. Other than that, I believe it's exactly right. I guess Ovechkin invited him and he accepted to play for Dinamo for some time. And when the games will actually mean something he will go to defend a championship for Brynas.

As NHL'ers are so expensive it's actually a good deal for Brynas only to pay for Backstrom when it counts.
this does not sound at all plausible or reasonable
not sure why you're so convinced about it

tohaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
  #9
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
this does not sound at all plausible or reasonable
not sure why you're so convinced about it
Why is it not plausible or reansonable? I'm so convinced because he said so. Why should he lie?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
  #10
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Why is it not plausible or reansonable? I'm so convinced because he said so. Why should he lie?
I just don't see why such a respectable organization as Dinamo would go for this???

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
  #11
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
SKA's Igor Makarov says they don't need Crosby when asked about the prospect of Sidney signing with SKA.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
  #12
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I just don't see why such a respectable organization as Dinamo would go for this???
Why not? Is it disrespectful or something to play only for a few months? And there is a number of reasons:

1. Backstrom is a superstar and if you have a chance to sign one you take it.
2. As we all know Dinamo is not the richest club around and it appears like they can't sign anyone by offering bags of money. So it would be foolish for them to reject someone like Backstrom who is not coming just to collect a fat paycheck but to play with his buddy.
3. Most likely this lockout won't last very long anyway

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM
  #13
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
I read in a Crosby interview that if he were to sign in Europe, he would sign in a place where he already knows a few guys to make the transition easier.

Geno, anyone?

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
  #14
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
I read in a Crosby interview that if he were to sign in Europe, he would sign in a place where he already knows a few guys to make the transition easier.

Geno, anyone?
All the eligibility rules aside I just can't see Crosby going to Magnitogorsk. You know that it's a small steel town where average temperature in March is -7, right?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:15 PM
  #15
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
All the eligibility rules aside I just can't see Crosby going to Magnitogorsk. You know that it's a small steel town where average temperature in March is -7, right?
Sid is Canadian, bru. He lived in an igloo.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
  #16
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
Sid is Canadian, bru. He lived in an igloo.
In that case, Magnitka already has 3 NHL'ers (Malkin, Kulyomin and Gonchar) and are unable to sign Crosby. In addition, the have too many centers anyway so it wouldn't make any sense for them to sign Sid.

Long story short - Crosby won't play for Magnitka. Period.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:54 PM
  #17
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
In that case, Magnitka already has 3 NHL'ers (Malkin, Kulyomin and Gonchar) and are unable to sign Crosby. In addition, the have too many centers anyway so it wouldn't make any sense for them to sign Sid.

Long story short - Crosby won't play for Magnitka. Period.
If Sidney Crosby wants to play on your team, I doubt any GM would say 'we have too many centers, but thanks anyways!'. He's likely the best player in the world. You don't say no to someone like that for a reason like that.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:05 PM
  #18
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
If Sidney Crosby wants to play on your team, I doubt any GM would say 'we have too many centers, but thanks anyways!'. He's likely the best player in the world. You don't say no to someone like that for a reason like that.
GM says it if he already has Malkin. For that kind of money you can sign someone your team really needs. I believe GM wants to win more than to have "likely the best player in the world" on the roster.

Or do you think GM would say 'I have a pile of money to spend and Tverdovsky can barely skate anymore but what the hell, Crosby wants to play for us, let's sign him for a few months'.


Last edited by SoundAndFury: 10-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:37 PM
  #19
RobertR
Registered User
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rīga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Question is, if KHL would allow teams to sign additional 1-2 NHL guy (I heard, that this may be considered as an option, if lockout will continue), would Crosby be that kind of guy, who will trade comfort in Switzerland, for more money and better hockey in KHL?

And again, like SoundandFury said, its possible that no team would like to sign him. All teams are loaded, of course Crosby is arguably best player in he world, but he will obviously request same contracts like all Russian stars have, and that is ton of money, sure, some teams don`t count money, but again, if you look at NA players like Kane and Pavelski (2g so far, but still), they look just awful, so maybe they will think twice, before even start talking with Crosby...

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:31 AM
  #20
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Frankly, I don't think there's a team in the entire KHL which could sign Crosby.
Who else, as a team from KHL, can sign Crosby? From financial view.
IN regard to Dynamo, i think, that rivalry between him and Ovi is too high.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:35 AM
  #21
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
As a fan I'd love to see Crosby and Ovechkin on the same team, in something other than the All-Star game.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:41 AM
  #22
Den
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockholm
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,958
vCash: 500
I don't think Crosby will go to the KHL. Switzerland is more comfortable and easier choice. Why risk an injury?

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM
  #23
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Yeah, i heard that. Odd decision, IMHO.

So, he just wants what now? Play couple of games with hes buddy Ovi? And then if lockout will last, just go and play in more comfortable Finland? Ok, that actually make sense.

I thought, maybe some guys would do this other way. Go play couple of game in some weaker league, with more comfortable living conditions, and then if lockout last longer than couple of weeks/month, go play in more competitive/stronger league like KHL.
please stop that

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:14 AM
  #24
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Who else, as a team from KHL, can sign Crosby? From financial view.
IN regard to Dynamo, i think, that rivalry between him and Ovi is too high.
Basically the teams that could already have their signings done. Nobody will take even Crosby's insurance alone and then he'd want to be paid I suppose.

Right now Dynamo is out of the picture anyway with Bäckström in the lineup.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:35 AM
  #25
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Who else, as a team from KHL, can sign Crosby? From financial view.
From financial point of view I believe there's only SKA and maybe CSKA as he wouldn't play for free, obviously.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.