HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

SM-Liiga 2012-13 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2012, 06:33 AM
  #251
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
^^ #26 Toni Söderholm , maybe the Lukko player should wear better gloves
When I first saw highlights of the match I thought Mikkel Bødker was so sure he had scored the empty netter that he raised his hand to cheer prematurely. Now I can see it was more in pain getting hit over his hand. Söderholm is not even close at going after the puck...he is surely aiming at something higher up!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
  #252
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 6,555
vCash: 500
Eric Fehr joins HPK

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
  #253
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Patrick O'Sullivan leaves HIFK

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:34 AM
  #254
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Petteri Nummelin and Michal Birner leave TPS

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:54 AM
  #255
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Strong rumours* that unless the NHL starts Scott Hartnell will be playing for KalPa and make his debut on the 15th of November.

*some local paper says

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:31 AM
  #256
Muuri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Kurtis Foster joined Tappara and rumor is James Van Riemsdyk will soon follow.

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:40 AM
  #257
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Strong rumours* that unless the NHL starts Scott Hartnell will be playing for KalPa and make his debut on the 15th of November.

*some local paper says
Good friends with Kimmo Timonen IIRC he even has done some charity work in Finland?

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:44 AM
  #258
Raimo Sillanpää
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Good friends with Kimmo Timonen IIRC he even has done some charity work in Finland?
He owns 5% of KalPa - with teams barely making a profit left right and center I'd calll that investment charity

Raimo Sillanpää is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:44 AM
  #259
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää View Post
He owns 5% of KalPa - with teams barely making a profit left right and center I'd calll that investment charity
Hartnell probably fell prey to the age-old Finnish negotiation tactic. Timonen and S.Kapanen took him to a sauna somewhere at the shores of Lake Kallavesi, and poured so much Kossu down his throat that by the time the sun was setting (and that can take a while in summertime), he had no idea what he was signing.

Coming to check out said investment in this case is a no-brainer - he's been sleeping on the couch ever since the missus found out where and how the kids' college fund went.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:29 AM
  #260
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Hartnell probably fell prey to the age-old Finnish negotiation tactic. Timonen and S.Kapanen took him to a sauna somewhere at the shores of Lake Kallavesi, and poured so much Kossu down his throat that by the time the sun was setting (and that can take a while in summertime), he had no idea what he was signing.

Coming to check out said investment in this case is a no-brainer - he's been sleeping on the couch ever since the missus found out where and how the kids' college fund went.
I do think that pontikka is the preferred drink over there though...

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
  #261
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Petteri Nummelin and Michal Birner leave TPS
How come so quickly?

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:34 PM
  #262
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
How come so quickly?
Both were playing under loan contracts with the caveat that they can be recalled the moment the main club requires their services again due to e.g. injuries, player recycling, strained thumb on the regular waterboy... you name it.

It's simply an unfortunate coincidence for TPS that their respective clubs (Lugano and Lev Praha) decided to recall them at relatively the same time.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:25 AM
  #263
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
A Swedish magazine called Expressen is saying that Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindbäck is going to go to Ilves.

Would make sence since the team's number one goalie Miika Wiikman recently got injured.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM
  #264
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Lars Eller (Montreal) has signed for JYP. It's a danish invasion to Finland - you have 66% of all danish NHL'ers now (4 of 6) and 6 players in all. That's more than SEL.
He will start playing from the 12'th of november.

Link in danish:
http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/lars-...-finsk-topklub

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM
  #265
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Craig Smith will leave KalPa and go back to NA due to personal reasons.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:00 PM
  #266
Emppu
Registered User
 
Emppu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Málaga, Andalucía
Country: Spain
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Craig Smith will leave KalPa and go back to NA due to personal reasons.
Personal means tax reasons? Or is the Jussi Jokinen case only applicable to Finns?

Emppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:04 PM
  #267
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emppu View Post
Personal means tax reasons? Or is the Jussi Jokinen case only applicable to Finns?
No, just something personal. I don't think so.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:02 AM
  #268
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Jannik Hansen to Tappara.

Peter Regin still left from the Danish NHL-players. Maybe KalPa since they just lost Craig Smith.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:12 AM
  #269
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Jannik Hansen to Tappara.

Peter Regin still left from the Danish NHL-players. Maybe KalPa since they just lost Craig Smith.
Nichlas Hardt and Simon Nielsen must have made some advertizing about SM-liiga during the WC to the rest of the danish players, since they keep coming. Peter Regin has ended his short stay in Langenthal i Switzerland and will return to Ottawa, so he is actually free to play for any finnish club.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
  #270
talenttracer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
remember ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTmiBSrI5A

talenttracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:07 AM
  #271
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by talenttracer View Post
Very well made hoax. Almost looks real.


mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:32 AM
  #272
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyDane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Very well made hoax. Almost looks real.


Yeah! Nice try, you *****! That couldn't happen!


To be fair.. Yes I remember, it was awesome goal. Denmark did great at those championships, they won other "big" countries too. They would be welcome to the so called hockey top nations as well as would Norway. It would be really cool if we had hockey big in every nordic country.. Then it would make up an awesome Nordic / Scandic League.

I hope no one comes to say anything about scandinavia now. I dont care what it is, if there is Scandinavia + Finland, basicly word scandinavia can be used because Finland was part of Sweden when the word was invented.


Last edited by QnebO: 10-31-2012 at 04:37 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
  #273
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Yeah! Nice try, you *****! That couldn't happen!


To be fair.. Yes I remember, it was awesome goal. Denmark did great at those championships, they won other "big" countries too. They would be welcome to the so called hockey top nations as well as would Norway. It would be really cool if we had hockey big in every nordic country.. Then it would make up an awesome Nordic / Scandic League.

I hope no one comes to say anything about scandinavia now. I dont care what it is, if there is Scandinavia + Finland, basicly word scandinavia can be used because Finland was part of Sweden when the word was invented.
It would actually be great to have a Denmark-Finland-Norway-Sweden tournament, but so far it ends up being Euro Hockey Tour instead. Since Karjala is a beer, Denmark wouldn't mind playing in that cup
Both Denmark and Norway still need all their best players to be competitive, but since it's lockout year why not? What better practice before the olympic qualifier.

About Scandinavia---since Denmark has lost our "land to the east" (and I'm not referring to Gotland and Estonia) we are not strictly speaking Scandinavian anymore. So Denmark-Finland could play without having that semantic battle
If we could call it "Norden" (Nordic) then we have the semantics battle with Estonia (and Latvia?) if they are in or out

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:38 PM
  #274
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,169
vCash: 6969
Carolina Hurricanes defenceman Jamie McBain to Pelicans.


Also seems like Peter Regin is coming to...



...wait for it...




...wait for it...




...Lukko.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
  #275
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Carolina Hurricanes defenceman Jamie McBain to Pelicans.


Also seems like Peter Regin is coming to...



...wait for it...




...wait for it...




...Lukko.
Yeah according to this newspaper it certainly looks like it (with my limited ability to read finnish ) -> but i could guess that tanskalaismafia can only mean "danish mafia"

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1288513236539.html

But then again (beside mafia conspiracies) Peter Regin and Frans Nielsen are old friends from Herning, so that's probably why he chose Lukko instead of another finnish club.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.