HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Van (Bozak & Hansen)

Old
10-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
a 3rd line center (of course not at the cost of Hansen).
Kyle Wellwood is a 3rd line center, I'm not interested in him because we need one.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
This guy does not speak for all Canucks fans. We would much rather have Bozak than Steckel, however he is correct in saying that neither would be desirable at the cost of Hansen.
I'm not speaking for the fans, I'm speaking about what the Canucks are likely to prefer.

For those who pay attention, the Canucks bottom-6 centers (Lapierre/Malhotra) are basically there to take defensive zone face offs, get the puck in deep, and change. Steckel is somewhere between marginally and notably better defensively, and is FAR superior to Bozak on face offs.

If Bozak was on the Canucks, I'm very confident he'd be switched to wing before being tasked with defensive zone face offs against top competition.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:17 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
In what way? What does Bozak bring to the Canucks they we need to have?
Fills in the what I believe to be a hole at 3rd line center. Allows Lapierre to play as the 4th line center, which I believe him to be better suited for, I also believer that as 4th line center he'd be among the best in the league in the position. Would bolster the team's center depth, which is never a bad thing. Same thing applies for Wellwood, as you made mention to, only I feel Bozak is better suited to the third then Wellwood.

But again I I wouldn't make the move, at the price of Hansen for Bozak or Wellwood for that matter.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:24 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
I'm not speaking for the fans, I'm speaking about what the Canucks are likely to prefer.

For those who pay attention, the Canucks bottom-6 centers (Lapierre/Malhotra) are basically there to take defensive zone face offs, get the puck in deep, and change. Steckel is somewhere between marginally and notably better defensively, and is FAR superior to Bozak on face offs.

If Bozak was on the Canucks, I'm very confident he'd be switched to wing before being tasked with defensive zone face offs against top competition.
Well Bozak took face offs against top competition last year and posted a 52.7% success rate..

Lappiere : 52.1% against 4th liners

Malholtra Dominated: 58.5%

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post

I would still be extremely surprised if MG preferred Steckel to Bozak. Steckel is pretty useless as a hockey player outside of faceoffs, while Bozak has a nice, well-rounded game that Gillis seems to love. Not to mention Bozak could slide in perfectly on the depth chart as a #3 center, whereas we already have Malhotra, Lapierre and Kassian on the 4th line, and I don't see Steckel bumping any of them off.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:24 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I would still be extremely surprised if MG preferred Steckel to Bozak. Steckel is pretty useless as a hockey player outside of faceoffs, while Bozak has a nice, well-rounded game that Gillis seems to love. Not to mention Bozak could slide in perfectly on the depth chart as a #3 center, whereas we already have Malhotra, Lapierre and Kassian on the 4th line, and I don't see Steckel bumping any of them off.
Bozak doesn't have a nice well-rounded game at all. Literally every player he played with performed worse when on the ice with him when compared to without him.

A meaningful gulf in the quality of centremen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Well Bozak took face offs against top competition last year and posted a 52.7% success rate..

Lappiere : 52.1% against 4th liners

Malholtra Dominated: 58.5%
Bozak didn't face top competition. Those minutes went to Grabovski. Even Steckel had tougher minutes than Bozak, starting far more shifts in the defensive zone and against slightly tougher competition.

Player Usage Charts
Quote:
Steckel was acquired preseason to help address the Leafsí shoddy penalty kill. He is one of the NHLís top faceoff men and was routinely trotted out for defensive zone faceoffs, whether or not short handed and more often than not against superior opposition.
Quote:
When studying their forwards take it easy on Steckel, Crabb, Brown or Dupuisí stat sheets because while the Leafs arenít too rigid on line-matching, Wilson and/or Carlyle tilted the ice away from players like these.

Lapierre wasn't sent out against 4th liners, he was sent out whenever the faceoff was in the Canucks zone. Lapierre took 111 faceoffs in the offensive zone and 389 in the defensive zone.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'm in the camp that would move Hansen as I consider him expendable. Raymond could take his role just fine, I'd rather trade Hansen for high value than give Raymond away. We also have Higgins, Kassian, and others looking for spots to fit in. This isn't a deal I make though, I want someone better even if we have to add.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote