HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Before putting Drouin in my top 3 (or even top 5), I'd like to see him play without MacKinnon to see what he would do as THE leader of the Mooseheads attack. Would he still put up more than 2 points a game? Unless there's an injury, the only chance for that to happen is if MacKinnon makes the WJC team and Drouin does not.

Typically the Drouin type of forward has fallen in the draft (Teravainen, Eberle, Giroux, etc)...
The 3 that you have mentionned are extremely talented. Let's not forget that Timmins had Teravainen 3rd overall on his list after Yakupov and Gally. As for Giroux and Eberle, they have both respectively finished 3rd and 16th in the league in scoring. Plus, Giroux has demonstrated that he is amongst the elite of the NHL and Eberle is a clutch performer for team Canada and is a core player for the Oilers..both of them are definition of franchise player for their team.

That being said, the Drouin type of forward is pretty much in the same mold as Sidney Crosby, who isn't the biggest and tallest player in the NHL.

IMO, it's much safer to pick a hometown north american kid that oozes talent than picking Barkov..

Old
10-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Et le But

Crosby is as fast as lightning though....

Anyway I'd agree with something Corey Pronman said early today right now Mackinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Drouin, Jones and Ristolainen are the ones I'm most interested in watching...

Old
10-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Crosby is as fast as lightning though....

Anyway I'd agree with something Corey Pronman said early today right now Mackinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Drouin, Jones and Ristolainen are the ones I'm most interested in watching...
I agree too. But I like to watch a close eye on Anthony Mantha who is as of now, popping out of nowhere in the Q lol. And also Duclair when he comes back from his injury. I also like what I'm seeing from Ryan Pulock. Honestly, nobody really interests me in the OHL this year except McDavid

Old
10-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Et le But

Well I'm going to trust the scouts and continue to casually follow Monahan, who comes across to me as the Ryan Murray of centers (boring as hell and fundamentally sound), but I'm not sure about his offensive upside compared to the others right now.

The OHL prospects bore me while this is a stacked year for the Q and WHL. I happen to like Max Domi but I want no part of him on the Habs. If there's a full season lockout and we get screwed over I find Zadorov and Nurse very interesting but they are far behind Jones and Ristolainen IMO. Too bad we can't draft McDavid, that kid is scary.

My only issue with Duclair is I'm afraid of Remparts prospects in the first round.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Well I'm going to trust the scouts and continue to casually follow Monahan, who comes across to me as the Ryan Murray of centers (boring as hell and fundamentally sound), but I'm not sure about his offensive upside compared to the others right now.

The OHL prospects bore me while this is a stacked year for the Q and WHL. I happen to like Max Domi but I want no part of him on the Habs. If there's a full season lockout and we get screwed over I find Zadorov and Nurse very interesting but they are far behind Jones and Ristolainen IMO. Too bad we can't draft McDavid, that kid is scary.

My only issue with Duclair is I'm afraid of Remparts prospects in the first round.
Yeah Adam Erne is another one too. I'm trying to follow them as much as I can.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:47 AM
hab 4ever

I would be shocked if Drouin is not a top-6 pick in the draft. Other than MacKinnon, Jones and maybe Barkov, I don't see any other player with a higher upside.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

There is so much talent in the Q right now. I'm so happy we have three 2nd round picks. Imagine getting F. Gauthier And Mantha with 2nd round picks, lol.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:55 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
The 3 that you have mentionned are extremely talented. Let's not forget that Timmins had Teravainen 3rd overall on his list after Yakupov and Gally.
How sure are you that what you wrote is correct?

Old
10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Dada

Quote:
Drouin over Barkov, Monahan and Lindholm would be insanity.
Bro, Drouin over Monahan every day

Old
10-25-2012, 03:39 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Mantha 4 goals game http://www.hockeyprospect.com/video/...-24&Itemid=575

Mantha has been on fire since last january really, 35gm-34g-34a-68pts since then

If he keep this pace no doubt he's a first rounder lol

Old
10-25-2012, 06:23 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
I mean it would be hard to complain about Drouin, he's probably my favourite player in the Q to watch but there's just so many complete players in this draft that Drouin would have to really put up outrageous numbers to go top 3 IMO.

The top 10 in this draft is going to be nuts, I wouldn't rule anything out yet. But right now I'd still go with Barkov over Drouin.
Generally if two players are of equal skill the center has more value than the winger. If it is a big center he would have even greater value than a small winger. Of course, be a local boy could even it out. According to how much value each person on local players

Old
10-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
There is so much talent in the Q right now. I'm so happy we have three 2nd round picks. Imagine getting F. Gauthier And Mantha with 2nd round picks, lol.
Mantha is operating at 2 points per game and close to leading the league, if he keeps that up he definitely goes in the 1st round.

VERY deep year in the QMJHL...MacKinnon Fucale Drouin Erne Duclair Mantha Gauthier Carrier Sorensen all have a legit shot at being 1st rounders and all should definitely be gone by the 50th pick.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Fozz

I really like Mantha's game. I wonder where he would have been picked in last year's draft, considering that he would have been eligible had he been born just a few hours earlier... I'm thinking mid 2nd round, maybe? Mind you he did go on a tear in his last 30 games or so.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Grant McCagg

TT was in Val D'or last night...I would suspect that Mantha made an impression.

I was up in Val D'or couple of weeks ago when Mantha had a hat trick. Needless to say he is on the radar.....

Old
10-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I can tell you that Drouin is a better prospect than Monahan and I believe Drouin is going to turn out better than Monahan. I don't see anything special in Sean comparing to Drouin. But I haven't seen enough of Barkov and Lindholm except at the World Juniors and U-18 and Ivan Hlinka. Lindholm impresses me a lot, he's a top 10 IMO, but not on the same caliber as Drouin. As for Barkov, he's a monster..but to scream insanity because of Drouin over him might be a stretch. I won't hesitate to take Drouin over Monahan and Lindholm. As for Barkov, I'll wait before deciding..it's just too soon.
That's just insanity. Barkov over anyone not name Seth or Nathan...and even then..

Quote:
The 3 that you have mentionned are extremely talented. Let's not forget that Timmins had Teravainen 3rd overall on his list after Yakupov and Gally. As for Giroux and Eberle, they have both respectively finished 3rd and 16th in the league in scoring. Plus, Giroux has demonstrated that he is amongst the elite of the NHL and Eberle is a clutch performer for team Canada and is a core player for the Oilers..both of them are definition of franchise player for their team.

That being said, the Drouin type of forward is pretty much in the same mold as Sidney Crosby, who isn't the biggest and tallest player in the NHL.

IMO, it's much safer to pick a hometown north american kid that oozes talent than picking Barkov..
Crosby is strong has **** too. And he's one of the most elusive skater out there.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
How sure are you that what you wrote is correct?
I don't know if we can find it on the internet but after the first day of the draft, Stephane Leroux of RDS had to apologize to everyone on TV when he posted an article on the front page of RDS.ca saying: Teravainen: l'homme de Timmins. Then after the draft when Teravainen went 18th overall, Leroux was so embarassed that he apologized and interviewed Trevor Timmins so that Timmins can tell everybody on television that he would had picked Teravainen at his 3rd overall spot in the case that Galchenyuk was gone 2nd overall to the Blue Jackets. True story, ask anybody who watches RDS.ca.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:07 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watching the moose game last night, I liked what I saw from Luca Ciampini. Might be someone to keep an eye on for the mid/later rounds despite being passed over for last summers draft.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Roulin

Quote:
I don't know if we can find it on the internet but after the first day of the draft, Stephane Leroux of RDS had to apologize to everyone on TV when he posted an article on the front page of RDS.ca saying: Teravainen: l'homme de Timmins. Then after the draft when Teravainen went 18th overall, Leroux was so embarassed that he apologized and interviewed Trevor Timmins so that Timmins can tell everybody on television that he would had picked Teravainen at his 3rd overall spot in the case that Galchenyuk was gone 2nd overall to the Blue Jackets. True story, ask anybody who watches RDS.ca.
So both Murray and Dumba were outside his top 3, maybe even farther down (Forsberg, Grigorenko?)... I wonder if Timmins was asked to prioritize forwards?

Old
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watching the moose game last night, I liked what I saw from Luca Ciampini. Might be someone to keep an eye on for the mid/later rounds despite being passed over for last summers draft.
Agreed, he looked strong and smart on the ice. Not afraid to go to the net.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
I highly doubt this happened exactly like this because I followed that draft wall-to-wall and it's the first I've heard of Timmins saying flat out on TV what you are claiming with this post. Maybe it happened off camera and Leroux reported it afterwards?

RDS.ca video section typically has all the video in their archive and there's nothing about this.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
I highly doubt this happened exactly like this because I followed that draft wall-to-wall and it's the first I've heard of Timmins saying flat out on TV what you are claiming with this post. Maybe it happened off camera and Leroux reported it afterwards?

RDS.ca video section typically has all the video in their archive and there's nothing about this.
I just went to search for it on RDS too and couldn't find it. I'm not trying to make things up here but I remember very well it was an interview after the 1st day of draft. If I find it, I'll put the link right away.

I couldn't find the video after the 1st day of the draft when Leroux was interviewed but here's the link to his blogue that day and he got criticized by everyone and I reread his replies and damn, this guy is so stupid. When he tries to redeem himself, he brings out the argument "Qu'est-ce que vous en savez? ... C'est mon travail à temps plein, etc" like he thinks he can bring down other people's opinion by downgrading them..lame.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/17.../143253/public

Last edited by Jabba11: 10-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
I went back on his twitter page and found some tweets from him claiming Teravainen was 2nd, but it's really not confirmation directly from Timmins.

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...12577641283584

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...42936227545088

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...77024137281536

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...77210477617152

I don't think Leroux's stupid, he usually does solid work covering the Q for RDS, but that whole Teravainen thing was so weird and odd...right from the U-18 he was talking about how Timmins liked him a lot...the more time goes on, the more I think Timmins or someone else in the Habs organization decided to try and create that smokescreen because almost everyone else was putting Galchenyuk to us as a lock by draft week and they were terrified Columbus would trade down and a team that wanted Gally would move up to #2.

Edit: This may be the closest proof of what you are talking about..oddly enough, first there's Grant's post debunking the myth, then the one right after...http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post51397813

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-25-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well we did invite him to training camp, so clearly we have some interest. If he keeps up his play, I wouldn't mind a late round flyer on him.

On the other hand, how much of his good play is a result of not getting the checking assignments that are going to MacKinnon/Drouin?

Old
10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I went back on his twitter page and found some tweets from him claiming Teravainen was 2nd, but it's really not confirmation directly from Timmins.

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...12577641283584

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...42936227545088

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...77024137281536

https://twitter.com/StephRDSJunior/s...77210477617152

I don't think Leroux's stupid, he usually does solid work covering the Q for RDS, but that whole Teravainen thing was so weird and odd...right from the U-18 he was talking about how Timmins liked him a lot...the more time goes on, the more I think the Timmins or someone else in the Habs organization decided to try and create that smokescreen because almost everyone else was putting Galchenyuk to us as a lock by draft week and they were terrified Columbus would trade down and a team that wanted Gally would move up to #2.

Edit: This may be the closest proof of what you are talking about..oddly enough, first there's Grant's post debunking the myth, then the one right after...http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post51397813
Maybe it was a big smokescreen to make sure we still got Galchenyuk. If teams drafting #4-5 like Galchenyuk, maybe this don't spend assets trading up to #2 and hope he falls to $3 or 4.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Et le But

I know the system has a lot of defensive depth, but I really wouldn't mind Jones or Ristolainen at all. After those two I'd rather have a forward, but after seeing how good Rielly looks I really wouldn't mind some more high end skill in the back. Risto could add that plus a physical element..

Closed Thread