Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 12:06 AM
KnightsInsider93

vCash: 500
Hate to say I told you so. Patterson was more than ready @ Barrie and will be more than ready @ Saginaw as well.

I have confirmed Brett Welychka is injured.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:05 AM
sbrug

That makes sense. I remember Welychka getting hammered in between two Otter players Friday. Welychka is a good player, 7pts in 9 games so far. Should never be a healthy scratch again.

Yeah, I'm more comfortable with the goaltending tandem this year mainly because there are 2 reliable goalies (3 when Herbst is healthy) compared to just Houser last year. I could even see Patterson taking the #1 job this year. This should be a huge confidence boost for the kid. Though I think everybody (fans, players, coaches) know the talent he has from the time we saw him last year and his impressive pre-season this year.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM
aresknights

Good result. 2 pts from a top club.

Patterson played well. Just as it was thought this could have been a mistake going into another rink against a top O club, the other side of the coin was if he played well, his confidence would grow.

2 straight games weve 2-0 leads and had to go to a shootout. Uncommon for Knights teams.

No TV for todays game?

Old
10-21-2012, 11:43 AM
KnightsInsider93

Source says Brett Welychka has suffered a head injury. Kid can't catch a break.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:48 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

No TV for todays game?
OHL Action Pak channel 471....Rogers Cable 13 @ 2pm

Old
10-21-2012, 11:49 AM
KnightsInsider93

He had to be cleared of 24 hours symptoms. He has been cleared, ready to go. In the lineup tonight. Great News.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:52 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
He had to be cleared of 24 hours symptoms. He has been cleared, ready to go. In the lineup tonight. Great News.
I'd sit him today too...why chance it. Go with the exact same lineup as last night...including Patterson. But hey...what do I know.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:15 AM
ForumShop

Hi All,
just moved from out west to the London area. Great hockey town. Love the knights and the hockey atmosphere. Went to memorial cup last year and saw the knights. Had a question for you longtime knights fans. What is up with the Ruperts? They were great in the cup this year but have to say am not seeing anything close to how they were playing in the tournament last year. For all the ice time they get I certainly don't see anywhere close to the results I was expecting. what gives? Was it all Watson?

Old
10-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Good to see Pawley and Jammes get some action!

Last edited by Knights77: 10-22-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: change thought
Old
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
KnightWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumShop View Post
Hi All,
just moved from out west to the London area. Great hockey town. Love the knights and the hockey atmosphere. Went to memorial cup last year and saw the knights. Had a question for you longtime knights fans. What is up with the Ruperts? They were great in the cup this year but have to say am not seeing anything close to how they were playing in the tournament last year. For all the ice time they get I certainly don't see anywhere close to the results I was expecting. what gives? Was it all Watson?
I have to agree....they look like they're just going through the motions this season. They seem to have lost their fire and at times just look downright lazy. I wish I knew what the problem was...hopefully they'll get it going soon.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWatch View Post
I have to agree....they look like they're just going through the motions this season. They seem to have lost their fire and at times just look downright lazy. I wish I knew what the problem was...hopefully they'll get it going soon.
Following Ryan Rupert on twitter, I would suggest he spent too much time at the beach with his girlfriend and not enough working out and/or hockey oriented events.
Who knows. They really need a centre (like they had with Watson) although I don't see a great fit right now on the team or via trade. I think both Ruperts on the wing are better off....just need to find a centre to click with them. The expectations of the Ruperts I think are a bit inflated due to how dominant that line was at the end of last year. Easily our best line. Also shows you how special a player Watson is/was.
Its early in the year, and I think we will see some moves sooner rather than later.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Following Ryan Rupert on twitter, I would suggest he spent too much time at the beach with his girlfriend and not enough working out and/or hockey oriented events.
Who knows. They really need a centre (like they had with Watson) although I don't see a great fit right now on the team or via trade. I think both Ruperts on the wing are better off....just need to find a centre to click with them. The expectations of the Ruperts I think are a bit inflated due to how dominant that line was at the end of last year. Easily our best line. Also shows you how special a player Watson is/was.
Its early in the year, and I think we will see some moves sooner rather than later.
Haha. Abbey McRae. If I were him i'd spend my time on the beach too...

In all seriousness, Ryan Rupert and Matt Rupert for that matter have been trying to be a more offensive threat.

Me personally thinks, if they play their game (Rough, intense, agitating, pesty) they are a lot more affective and the offense will come. On the bright side. They are learning to play without each other which will only help in the bright picture because them always having to be together lets you do only so much with the lines. Once Ryan scores, the offense will come. Nothing is different as far as effort, motivation or priorities. Still loves the game and he still loves his role. He just has to play his game and let the offense come to him as opposed to trying to go get it.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:03 PM
sbrug

The Ruperts are third liners with skill. I think they thrive on big games as they were awesome in the playoffs and Memorial Cup last year. They overachieved offensively during that time and playing with Austin Watson helped their numbers. I agree that they look like they are going through the motions as do a lot of players right now. I can see why. They've been to the Memorial Cup and they know what it takes and when to bring it. There's no need to go balls to the wall in October and pile up injuries. Once the Knights get their game back from a few months ago, they will be tough to beat again.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
JL17

Watson was a huge contributer to the Ruperts success... Anybody that doesn't say so doesn't know very much.

I see 2 players right not in control of themselves right now. They're third liners and PKer's. But they're Dales boys so they're getting more time then they should be.

Under Mark the had control and played on the right side of the line... too often they're taking needless penalties and taking them at the wrong times.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Watson was a huge contributer to the Ruperts success... Anybody that doesn't say so doesn't know very much.

I see 2 players right not in control of themselves right now. They're third liners and PKer's. But they're Dales boys so they're getting more time then they should be.

Under Mark the had control and played on the right side of the line... too often they're taking needless penalties and taking them at the wrong times.
JL17, I agree with everything you said. However, one can't overlook the Ruperts when it comes to skill. I said that they are third liners, but they have the ability to be second liners on teams not as deep as London. They do have some skill. The way I look at it right now is our top 6 in no particular order is Domi, Horvat, Broadhurst, Griffith, Welychka, and Anderson. Ruperts and Tierney do not belong on the top 6 on this club or do they belong on the ice for powerplays or when the team needs a goal.

For those who watched the games over the weekend, what did you think of Pawley? I really liked what I saw from him. He is very fast, undersized but not afraid to go to the dirty areas and dish out hits. Maybe he could be on a line with the Ruperts. Might light a fire under them with a kid playing for a spot with something to prove.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:24 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
The way I look at it right now is our top 6 in no particular order is Domi, Horvat, Broadhurst, Griffith, Welychka, and Anderson. Ruperts and Tierney do not belong on the top 6 on this club or do they belong on the ice for powerplays or when the team needs a goal.
If Ferry belongs on the PP...so do the Rupert's.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Crottenham

Knight's prospect Centorame one of 4 96's named to the Canada East tryout camp for the 2012 World Hockey Challenge to be held Nov. 5-11 at the Mariners Centre in Yarmouth, N.S.

Canada East will play in Group B, joined by Switzerland and the United States, while Canada West, the Czech Republic and Russia will comprise Group A.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...95/la_id/1.htm

Old
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
KnightsInsider93

Knights Should be looking to acquire Derek Mathers from Peterborough. He is a Strathroy Native. Peterborough has mad everyone aware they are going to start a rebuild and I think Mathers would be killer with the Ruperts.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
JL17

Forget Mathers go get Ritchie... Mark can pull the wool over their eyes again and trade 2 2nds for him

Old
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Forget Mathers go get Ritchie... Mark can pull the wool over their eyes again and trade 2 2nds for him
Ritchie has some serious shoulder problems. Out a while and has to rehab it

Old
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Ritchie has some serious shoulder problems. Out a while and has to rehab it
I've wanted Mathers in a Knights uniform for the past 2 plus seasons...this season is no different.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
KnightsInsider93

Lots of Injury and sickness going around in Peterborough among other problems.

Quine (Mono)
Ritchie (Shoulder)
Maguire (Shoulder)
Boland (Mono)

Easy 2 points for London

Old
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Lots of Injury and sickness going around in Peterborough among other problems.

Quine (Mono)
Ritchie (Shoulder)
Maguire (Shoulder)
Boland (Mono)

Easy 2 points for London
Haha no game is ever in the bag automatically. You have to earn the 2 points, when you automatically assume, you lose.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Haha no game is ever in the bag automatically. You have to earn the 2 points, when you automatically assume, you lose.
Oh I'm aware. Peterborough has 2 goalies that can steal games! But if London plays their game, it should be an easy 2 points.

Knights Forward Kyle Platzer will sit out as well.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:36 PM
ForumShop

What is line up tonight? who is replacing platzer?

Closed Thread