HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 182: Take Off Your Pants And Jacket

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Does Trump really have a wig? I always thought it was fake, but multiple people have told me it wasn't.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Right, to the point where it's really such a no-brainer, that if he doesn't release his college transcripts now, people WILL think there's something awful in there.
I suppose that's the point of it. He's just trying to make Obama look bad in some way by randomly demanding that he release some inconsequential documents. If Obama does it, he'll find fault with something, even if it is something completely trivial, or even accuse him of faking it. If Obama doesn't do it, he'll accuse him of hiding something.

It's a bizarre ploy. I'm curious to see what Gloria Allred is trying to top it with, there was some rumour that she had something about Romney. Probably just as nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Btw, this has been a completely non-eventful presidency on the scandal front, he had 4 years to do something, why on earth would this be of any importance whatsoever now?
If there have been no scandals, they must be manufactured. We've gotten to the point in this country where we get suspicious if our leaders actually start to look too much like decent people.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Serious? You think a president of the US should take baits like this? That's for some banana country. What's next? Someone gives ten million to charity if Michelle poses nude in Playboy? It's even below dignity discussing this ****.
I think his point is that all candidates, especially for president, ultimate do run off of the loads of money being thrown at them by rich people. But its in the form of donors to their campaigns. The application of the funds may be different, but both sides are taking the money of rich people in an effort to get them what they want (which is particular candidate to win the election). It has less of a 'gimmick' attached to it, but the concept is pretty similar.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

This country corrupt? Nah.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:22 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Does Trump really have a wig? I always thought it was fake, but multiple people have told me it wasn't.
I assumed it's real, only because were it fake I'd think it would look better. But I saw him in an interview once with Megan Kelly I think, and she pulled on his hair and said it's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I suppose that's the point of it. He's just trying to make Obama look bad in some way by randomly demanding that he release some inconsequential documents. If Obama does it, he'll find fault with something, even if it is something completely trivial, or even accuse him of faking it. If Obama doesn't do it, he'll accuse him of hiding something.
I suppose you could view it the way you describe above, but we're talking about $5 MILLION dollars, and for charity.

For something as trivial as your college transcripts? Really? So I fail to see what the big deal is if there isn't something to hide.

My best guess is it's something like maybe he got a C- in economics and doesn't want people to know, but I think there is something to hide or his college transcripts wouldnt be as protected as nuclear launch codes. The Clintons have some of the best, dirtiest, research people in the biz, if even THEY couldnt get those suckers, aint nobody.

Quote:
It's a bizarre ploy. I'm curious to see what Gloria Allred is trying to top it with, there was some rumour that she had something about Romney. Probably just as nonsensical.
Already leaked that it has to do with the value Romney put on Staples shares for a valuation of estate during a divorce proceeding. Aldred is just a horrible, horrible human being. Worse than Trump. I'd like to see a steel-cage death of those two for charity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I think his point is that all candidates, especially for president, ultimate do run off of the loads of money being thrown at them by rich people. But its in the form of donors to their campaigns. The application of the funds may be different, but both sides are taking the money of rich people in an effort to get them what they want (which is particular candidate to win the election). It has less of a 'gimmick' attached to it, but the concept is pretty similar.
Exactly (which is why I thought maybe he was being sarcastic or funny, but I wasnt sure).

Old
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
So, i hear a girl named Sandy is looking to visit NJ late this weekend.

Better not be a ***** like Irene was.
God I hope not...the water is certainly still warm enough to keep it alive.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
CerebralGenesis

Obama failed human relations. Callin it

Old
10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Obama failed human relations. Callin it
Bet it was a C- in calculus. Or he failed a stupid one credit seminar course.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:55 PM
CerebralGenesis

I legit scrolled through a huge argument on my facebook newsfeed about how obama probably failed college and should be impeached. Love it.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I suppose you could view it the way you describe above, but we're talking about $5 MILLION dollars, and for charity.

For something as trivial as your college transcripts? Really? So I fail to see what the big deal is if there isn't something to hide.

My best guess is it's something like maybe he got a C- in economics and doesn't want people to know, but I think there is something to hide or his college transcripts wouldnt be as protected as nuclear launch codes. The Clintons have some of the best, dirtiest, research people in the biz, if even THEY couldnt get those suckers, aint nobody.
Well, one non-sinister reason I can think of for withholding the documents is because he doesn't want to dignify what is essentially Trump trying to strong-arm him into releasing private records. I know it's ostensibly for charity and all, but I suspect that Trump doesn't really give a **** about charity, he just added that detail to make Obama look bad if he refuses.

And of course, if Obama caves to it and does it this time, some other copycat crackpot will come along and challenge him to release something else and we'll keep having these silly distractions. It sets a bad precedent if the President can be "extorted" like that in the court of public opinion.

I understand he's running for public office, but a college transcript is pretty private. Most people would prefer to keep personal details like that out of the public eye. I don't believe this is something that falls under the Freedom of Information Act, so why should Trump be able to access it because he waves around $5 M?

Old
10-24-2012, 11:38 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Well, one non-sinister reason I can think of for withholding the documents is because he doesn't want to dignify what is essentially Trump trying to strong-arm him into releasing private records.
Except that's exactly how Trump got him to release his long-form birth certificate. So it's not like that hasn't already happened.

Quote:
I know it's ostensibly for charity and all, but I suspect that Trump doesn't really give a **** about charity, he just added that detail to make Obama look bad if he refuses.
Of course. Greg Gutfeld coined a great term for this today, "Philanthropic Extortion". That's the douchebagger genius of it all, because it does make sense. If you've nothing to hide at all as has been claimed, give the $5M to a good charity.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:23 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

As much as it would be nice to see Obama take up Trump on his suggestion, it would make him look weak. He's not going to do it.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:43 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

God, the end of Lord of the Rings is so........gay :|

Old
10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
This coming from the board that continually runs with the "I know that feel" meme.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Except that's exactly how Trump got him to release his long-form birth certificate. So it's not like that hasn't already happened.
Well, that's what Trump claims happened. I think his ego is causing him to take more credit for that than he deserves. And in the end, the President releasing his birth certificate did nothing to convince the people that Trump represents. Plenty of the "birthers" don't want to let go of their stupid conspiracy theory and think he faked that birth certificate too, even if they are provably wrong.

This is why I think the "birthers" and "secret Muslim bent on destroying America" folks are so stupid: If radical Islam wanted to (or even could) put up a controllable "Manchurian candidate" for office in the US, would his name be Barack Obama and would he be mixed race? Hell no, his name would be Mike Johnson, he'd have blonde hair and blue eyes, and he'd be from Independence, Missouri.

Quote:
The books or the films? Take it up with Tolkien, he wrote it that way and they stayed pretty faithful to it in the films.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:

The books or the films? Take it up with Tolkien, he wrote it that way and they stayed pretty faithful to it in the films.
I still find it interesting that fans still provide fixes to the book in small mistakes that he made, and contacts the family, and that the family still has a governing body to make said changes. Shows how deep of a following they have.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:05 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
So, i hear a girl named Sandy is looking to visit NJ late this weekend.

Better not be a ***** like Irene was.
anyone have more info on this? im told the world will end early on tuesday morning?

Old
10-25-2012, 09:55 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Some days I miss when I used to post all the time...

Old
10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I don't. My days go by so much quicker when I don't have time to post here.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:29 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
This coming from the board that continually runs with the "I know that feel" meme.
this is one feel that I happily don't know lmao.

Quote:

The films...Its so...wrong how Gandalf is just fake laughing there with him and then the other tiny people come and are jumping on his bed and...ech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
anyone have more info on this? im told the world will end early on tuesday morning?
The ******** at the weather channel have predicted that it will apparently make landfall or pass right by Sandy Hook or Sea Bright on tuesday sometime in the afternoon. ****ing wonderful

Old
10-25-2012, 10:38 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
The ******** at the weather channel have predicted that it will apparently make landfall or pass right by Sandy Hook or Sea Bright on tuesday sometime in the afternoon. ****ing wonderful
my new brothers in law will probably love this. surf's up dudes!

Old
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
my new brothers in law will probably love this. surf's up dudes!
Well lucky him. This is horrible news for me because the substation that gives me power is evidently in a flood zone.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:06 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
And in the end, the President releasing his birth certificate did nothing to convince the people that Trump represents. Plenty of the "birthers" don't want to let go of their stupid conspiracy theory and think he faked that birth certificate too, even if they are provably wrong.
That's pretty much how all conspiracy theorists are. If you prove they were were wrong about X, they point you to Y, prove Y is wrong, they point you to Z.... never ends. But the president and his people are also to blame, because they allowed the "birther" movement to grow and intentionally fueled it by not disproving it immediately. They did so because it was "good politics" for them, only releasing it once it became "bad politics" for them.

This spins back to another reason why people speculate Obama oddly refuses to release his college records. Some think that even though he was in fact born in Hawaii, he lied to the various colleges to gain easier acceptance as a foreign student by claiming he was an international, thus abusing diversity metrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Seriously. No hockey means I login here briefly once or twice a day (or sometimes not at all )

Old
10-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Clever thread title is clever.
Indeed.

I'm back from a week in Mexico. Did I miss anything?

Looks like political debates are still ****.
Looks like hockey talks are still ****.
Oh and coach seats are still ****.

Playa del Carmen is awesome however. Bumped Punta Cana off the #1 slot by a narrow margin. The fact the resort had it's own water treatment and purification system to take away the water issues swung my vote. Plus the beach was better - white sand and full service not just at the pools but clear down on the beach. Every 5 minutes someone came by asking if you needed anything. Unexpectedly great service.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

That green turtle picture is awesome

Closed Thread