HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Most obscure Devil

Old
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
McIntyre never played for New Jersey. I mean, if we want to get into obscure members of the Albany Devils/River Rats, that's a whole other ball game.
Lol, but Brookbank did.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
David Mcintyre? WHO? No seriously on that one. Who?

How about Tyler Eckford? Another future Scott Stevens or Rafalski D man(Which one was he compared to?0
We traded McIntyre to Minnesota for.... some defenseman who promptly left for Europe. I can't remember his name.

Edit: Maxim Noreau!

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Absolutely nothing. Actually, didn't he clash with Lou and say some bizarre things in the press? It's even more impressive that Lou managed to get some value for him if he had a reputation as a difficult player to keep on the leash.
One of the amusing Tikkanen stories came from his time in Edmonton. The press was interviewing him and Tikkanen was giving some incomprehensible responses. They all assumed he was speaking in Finnish. So they asked Jari Kurri to translate. Kurri was like "I have no idea what he's saying."

I went to a Devils/Kings game in LA on January 25, 2003: http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...301250LAK.html

During that game, the scoreboard was doing the customary Happy Birthday/Anniversary/etc messages. Then one pops up "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESA TIKKANEN."

The entire crowd was kinda puzzled. Makes sense to arrange that for an 8 year old's birthday. Perhaps makes some sense for a grown adult. But it didn't really make sense for an NHL vet. We all figured it was some gag.

After the game, we spot a really drunk Tikkanen is stumbling around.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
One of the amusing Tikkanen stories came from his time in Edmonton. The press was interviewing him and Tikkanen was giving some incomprehensible responses. They all assumed he was speaking in Finnish. So they asked Jari Kurri to translate. Kurri was like "I have no idea what he's saying."
Tikkanen also spawned the now-famous inside joke between Pat Burns and Bob McKenzie, because he couldn't pronounce the names of Colin Campbell (Gullen Gumble) and John Vanbiesbrouck (Joe Mansbreek) properly.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=334094

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote