HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 02:50 AM
heartsabres*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Very cool. Would certainly be a great thing for the bills and for this area. Would actually put the Buffalo bills "in Buffalo", the waterfront would be ideal too.
Wait a second didnt some guy on this board do his dissertation on the Bills not adding any value to the city and everyone jumped on my back when I disagreed because i am just a stupid poster........so whats with all the hype then?

Old
10-24-2012, 07:05 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

WOOHOO:

http://wgr550.com/Report--Mario-Will...rgery/14599979

Now take Wilson the INT dropper with you!

Old
10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Wait a second didnt some guy on this board do his dissertation on the Bills not adding any value to the city and everyone jumped on my back when I disagreed because i am just a stupid poster........so whats with all the hype then?
Well it wasn't my dissertation nor was I one of the posters who "jumped on your back". The construction of a new stadium would help assure that the bills would remain in Buffalo after Ralph kicks the bucket. It would also give a ton of work to those who work construction which is something I personally have a stake in. My comments supporting the new stadium are as a fan of the team. I really don't care if the bills make the area money on a year to year basis nor would I argue with someone about it one way or the other.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Anyone that is against the proposed harbor stadium is not a true Bills fan. This could be huge to revitalize the city, which is why it will never happen because of our pure scum politicians who will hold it up unless their "people" or pockets get helped. Expect Mayor Urkel and his ministers demand more then half the jobs go to minorities while the other politicians will only let the developers play ball if they pay the coffers.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:31 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Anyone that is against the proposed harbor stadium is not a true Bills fan. This could be huge to revitalize the city, which is why it will never happen because of our pure scum politicians who will hold it up unless their "people" or pockets get helped. Expect Mayor Urkel and his ministers demand more then half the jobs go to minorities while the other politicians will only let the developers play ball if they pay the coffers.
It will never happen because the project will cost $1.4B, and there's no money around here to do it.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:42 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Oh please. Take your BS arguments elsewhere.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

http://billsmafia.com/2012/10/24/how...ium-a-reality/

Old
10-24-2012, 01:06 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Yes, the vast majority of studies have shown that sport teams contribute a slight net positive to the economy. A waterfront stadium would likely be slightly more of a net positive because of location. But the impact is likely minimal.

But the stadium could have other uses which could strengthen the economy, depending on design, usage plans, etc.

At the end of the day though, it's about whether the initial investment (cost of building the stadium) is better used on other projects or not. That's what the pols have to decide...

Old
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
They quote $200M for infrastructure improvements in the area to support the new stadium. That's not even enough money to knock down the Skyway and build it's replacement, which they cite in point 1.

They also think that they can get $600M in cash from Cuomo's pledge of $1B to WNY. One problem with that. The $1B plans is INCENTIVES. Not cash.

There are more holes in these ideas,but these are the biggest ones.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Well, something like the funding of a stadium isn't budget related.

I think it would look pretty poorly on him seeing as how he's publicly backed stadium construction for the NYC teams and also publicly backed the Bills staying in Buffalo.
So??? Assume there are 3M NYS residents west of Syracuse. Assume 2.5M are eligible voters (high estimate). Assume 2M of them vote (high estimate). Assume none of them ever votes for Cuomo again (incredibly unlikely, but assume they don't). 2M less votes for Cuomo still won't matter in an election.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:42 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
They quote $200M for infrastructure improvements in the area to support the new stadium. That's not even enough money to knock down the Skyway and build it's replacement, which they cite in point 1.

They also think that they can get $600M in cash from Cuomo's pledge of $1B to WNY. One problem with that. The $1B plans is INCENTIVES. Not cash.

There are more holes in these ideas,but these are the biggest ones.
Agreed.

That blog's ideas on how to address traffic issues are laughable.

The stupidity of this stadium idea in general is off the charts.

Last edited by joshjull: 10-24-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
joshjull

Termini --> Move the Bills to Hamilton

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/186...ls-to-Hamilton

Quote:
BUFFALO, NY - Local developer Rocco Termini appeared on Daybreak Tuesday morning to discuss the future of the Buffalo Bills.

Termini says the greatest problem facing the franchise in Western New York is the inability to sell high-priced corporate suites, and he believes moving the stadium to Hamilton, Ontario would solve the problem.

Termini says other franchises, like the New York Jets and the New England Patriots, similarly play their home games outside of their home cities.

Since his appearance on Daybreak, Termini has been contacted by the mayor of Hamilton, Ontario who said he was interested in the idea.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
joshjull

I love that the con man pushing the waterfront stadium won't reveal the sponsors he's lined up until he is given the land.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:33 PM
joshjull

Not to be cold and callous but the only way the future of the Bills can be secured is Ralph passing away and a new local owner buying the team. Until that happens the uncertainty will always be there.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

If you're going to move them into Ontario you might as well just put them directly in Toronto and get it over with.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Oh please. Take your BS arguments elsewhere.
Oh I forgot about all the magical games and the history that Ralph Wilson Stadium has

What do you think we should do? Stay in a crumbling stadium that is 40 years old and easily the worst stadium in the NFL? You mad that if we move to a waterfront stadium that it would eliminate tail gating. Curious to see your opinion.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Oh I forgot about all the magical games and the history that Ralph Wilson Stadium has

What do you think we should do? Stay in a crumbling stadium that is 40 years old and easily the worst stadium in the NFL? You mad that if we move to a waterfront stadium that it would eliminate tail gating. Curious to see your opinion.
I think VCV was simply referring to your sophomoric claim of "not a true fan". It's simply not a solid, insightful and meaningful statement. Think it thru. Not anything else but that statement. Don't spin or deflect to anything else you said.

Your opinions of the situation are fine. The "not a true fan" junk reeks of amateur hour.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I love that the con man pushing the waterfront stadium won't reveal the sponsors he's lined up until he is given the land.
My first thought.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:48 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes, the vast majority of studies have shown that sport teams contribute a slight net positive to the economy.
Hmmm. I don't know about that.

"Independent" studies released by groups trying to get public funding for such stadiums often rave about the potential economic impact, but often times the reality is much different.

Of course, every situation is unique, I think Staples Center in LA has been economically beneficial, but it's constantly being used; the same can't be said for most facilities.

Regardless of how you feel about his politics, John Stossel did an interesting segment on this issue:

Old
10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Not to be cold and callous but the only way the future of the Bills can be secured is Ralph passing away and a new local owner buying the team. Until that happens the uncertainty will always be there.
This, and also no serious politician in their right mind would sign off on this without guarantees that the team that this stadium is being built for won't just up and leave when some rich jerk buy up the team. A "Balsillie" type who's own agenda has no interest with this community.

Quote:
Seriously, if that's the case move them to Toronto and be done with it. Bills cease to be "Buffalo's team" if they don't even play 50 miles from the city itself. Let alone be in another country where it takes a passport card(or enhanced license) and a lot of patience to cross the border.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:15 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I think VCV was simply referring to your sophomoric claim of "not a true fan". It's simply not a solid, insightful and meaningful statement. Think it thru. Not anything else but that statement. Don't spin or deflect to anything else you said.

Your opinions of the situation are fine. The "not a true fan" junk reeks of amateur hour.
Thanks, you're dead on.

It's hard to take someone seriously when they pull the "true fan" card out, especially regarding a highly subjective and controversial topic.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:27 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Ralph Wilson turned 94yo last week.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:33 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Thanks, you're dead on.

It's hard to take someone seriously when they pull the "true fan" card out, especially regarding a highly subjective and controversial topic.
Essentially it just means "you don't agree with me and that makes you a bad fan of my team". It's used by people who......I'll just stop there.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Who in Upstate NY has that kind of cash lying around? Whomever it is i've never heard of them.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Who in Upstate NY has that kind of cash lying around? Whomever it is i've never heard of them.
Terry Pegula.

Closed Thread