HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBA Discussion III (Lockout Talk)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 02:20 PM
  #76
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Dude, I am so ****ing disappointed. There's really no need for this.

Exhausted with the conversation (most of which sees the need to pin blame, which is anything but productive)... I know this is a post without substance. But I don't know what to say anymore. The method employed in solving this issue is so destructive, so counter-intuitive to me.

I'm at a loss. I'm tired.
I hear you. This method worked for the owners last time, the union was crushed, so it makes perfect sense that they'd go the same route again. It also makes sense that the players would want to be stronger than they were last time. Makes sense for both sides but sucks donkeys.

JMiller is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
  #77
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I hear you. This method worked for the owners last time, the union was crushed, so it makes perfect sense that they'd go the same route again. It also makes sense that the players would want to be stronger than they were last time. Makes sense for both sides but sucks donkeys.
What both sides seem to fail to take into account, is that their goal is a common one. Hockey on the ice and financially sound. We were lead to believe that the PA and the NHL were "working together" this whole damn time. That there was some kind of partnership between the two sides.

This negotiation shouldn't have been a negotiation to start with. It should have been a collaborative effort to make the game stronger. I've ****ing had it with all the "hurt feelings" BS. Just get it done. Just sit down and get it done. The posturing doesn't do anyone any good. And the media war is frivolous stupidity. Wasted effort attempting to convince us who the good guys and the bad guys are. Hockey fans know by now who to blame: All of you.

It's so easy and so close. I just don't understand.


Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
  #78
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,291
vCash: 50
nhl is withdrawing their proposal

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/85...eadline-passes

Shaun is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:52 PM
  #79
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Not surprised in the least bit.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:53 PM
  #80
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
****ing precisely.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
  #81
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
What both sides seem to fail to take into account, is that their goal is a common one. Hockey on the ice and financially sound. We were lead to believe that the PA and the NHL were "working together" this whole damn time. That there was some kind of partnership between the two sides.

This negotiation shouldn't have been a negotiation to start with. It should have been a collaborative effort to make the game stronger. I've ****ing had it with all the "hurt feelings" BS. Just get it done. Just sit down and get it done. The posturing doesn't do anyone any good. And the media war is frivolous stupidity. Wasted effort attempting to convince us who the good guys and the bad guys are. Hockey fans know by now who to blame: All of you.

It's so easy and so close. I just don't understand.

I'm starting to wonder if the the goal really is to have hockey on the ice and be financially sound. That was the justification for players conceeding last time and here we are again. Forget what they are saying and look at what they are doing- one side locking out the other and refusing to open the door unless they dictate what proposal to start negotiating from. Do owners have anything to give or will they just negotiate about how much they are willing to take?

JMiller is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
  #82
BruinsFan64
Registered User
 
BruinsFan64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
It won't really sink in for the NHL until they cancel the Winter Classic.

Since there are more and more NHL players in Europe now,
they are playing so maybe it does not seem as urgent
for them to resolve this.

I am afraid there may be no NHL Hockey this season

BruinsFan64 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #83
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,688
vCash: 500
**** the NHL. So long. It's been real.

Bridges31 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:16 PM
  #84
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Are those deferred payments with interest does anyone know? In the NHL's offer.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:17 PM
  #85
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
**** the NHL. So long. It's been real.
Seriously...at this point who cares anymore?

WBC8 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
  #86
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Seriously...at this point who cares anymore?
You do, Lou....hey, lets see where this is in 3 weeks. They planned to blow off the first 20 games all along imo. They want to see how the 650 players feel after missing a few checks- they got their escrow payments....if they are not playing by November 23rd we got a story

DKH is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
  #87
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
You do, Lou....hey, lets see where this is in 3 weeks. They planned to blow off the first 20 games all along imo. They want to see how the 650 players feel after missing a few checks- they got their escrow payments....if they are not playing by November 23rd we got a story
I feel jilted...

WBC8 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
  #88
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,291
vCash: 50
the lockout is really affecting derek roy




those poor poor players

Shaun is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
  #89
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the the goal really is to have hockey on the ice and be financially sound. That was the justification for players conceeding last time and here we are again. Forget what they are saying and look at what they are doing- one side locking out the other and refusing to open the door unless they dictate what proposal to start negotiating from. Do owners have anything to give or will they just negotiate about how much they are willing to take?
I agree that I haven't seen a smidgen of give from the NHL. Understanding of course, that the CBA that the league has operated with for the last eight seasons is CENTER. Not halfway between the difference of both sides' proposals.

The PA gets blame too. Not negotiating when they could. Hiring Fehr. Interpreting every act of the NHL as an attack on them. The NHL's concerns ARE valid and need to be treated thus.

And then we get this crap today... Well,whatever.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  #90
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,924
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
You do, Lou....hey, lets see where this is in 3 weeks. They planned to blow off the first 20 games all along imo. They want to see how the 650 players feel after missing a few checks- they got their escrow payments....if they are not playing by November 23rd we got a story
You seem pretty sure about this...You must have some "inside Info" :

I am so bored. I need hockey.

__________________
It's almost time...Drop the puck !!!
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
  #91
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
the lockout is really affecting derek roy




those poor poor players
I can't wait to see what the owners would buy during this present lockout.. then again they aren't dumb enough to post pictures of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I agree that I haven't seen a smidgen of give from the NHL. Understanding of course, that the CBA that the league has operated with for the last eight seasons is CENTER. Not halfway between the difference of both sides' proposals.

The PA gets blame too. Not negotiating when they could. Hiring Fehr. Interpreting every act of the NHL as an attack on them. The NHL's concerns ARE valid and need to be treated thus.

And then we get this crap today... Well,whatever.
I still don't get people saying the players screwed up hiring Fehr. They hired him because they know he won't cower to the owners. Do i agree with it, nope. But the players union thinks that they met in the middle last negotiations and believe they shouldn't back down. So they hired the right guy for them. No one knows whats going to happen, but i can't fault them for hiring a man who will not cower. What shocks me is that the PA is acting like they all got their dick kicked in 3 years ago and all its members were there. How many members now we're involved 8 years ago? this is an honest question.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:28 PM
  #92
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I still don't get people saying the players screwed up hiring Fehr. They hired him because they know he won't cower to the owners. Do i agree with it, nope. But the players union thinks that they met in the middle last negotiations and believe they shouldn't back down. So they hired the right guy for them. No one knows whats going to happen, but i can't fault them for hiring a man who will not cower. What shocks me is that the PA is acting like they all got their dick kicked in 3 years ago and all its members were there. How many members now we're involved 8 years ago? this is an honest question.
It's not a "screw up" dude. Not at all. I've said that I understand why they did it, and I do.

But there is the idea that one side has to "win" and the other has to "lose." One side is "right" and the other is "wrong". The only "right" is that BOTH sides either "win" or "lose". The only "wrong" is making the discussion far more contentious than it needs to be. Bettman's a union-buster and Fehr is a hard-ass *****.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
  #93
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I feel jilted...
Try still having to shell out $433 for nothing

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
  #94
sjaustin77
Registered User
 
sjaustin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
the lockout is really affecting derek roy




those poor poor players
His owner has 20 of those.

Those poor poor owners

sjaustin77 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 06:29 PM
  #95
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,291
vCash: 50
The winter classic is being cancelled monday.

Shaun is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
  #96
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
His owner has 20 of those.

Those poor poor owners
Nah, the owners have this:


Artemis is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #97
bruinmann77
Registered User
 
bruinmann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bronx ny
Country: United States
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
seems like a few different tweets about something happening with the lockout

bruinmann77 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
  #98
bossfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
seems like a few different tweets about something happening with the lockout
Something happening in a good way or a bad way?

I am stunned that this has gone as far and as badly as it has so if there is anything good being tweeted do tell.

bossfan is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
  #99
bruinmann77
Registered User
 
bruinmann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bronx ny
Country: United States
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
last tweet i saw was it said stayed tuned for news but i thinking they will cancel more games.

bruinmann77 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:16 AM
  #100
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Just sign a damn deal already

Jdawg* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.