Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Dogpound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who would be the biggest buyer if Moncton were to sell ?
No Chance Moncton is selling this year. Irving wants to win this year... They will make a few more moves to bring in a few more guys. Anything can happen in playoffs.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
No Chance Moncton is selling this year. Irving wants to win this year... They will make a few more moves to bring in a few more guys. Anything can happen in playoffs.
What assets do they have ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
they think they have awesome prospects.....i fail to see it!!! and they hardly have picks to deal.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
1st 2014 , 2nd 2014, 1st 2015 , 2nd 2015 McCabe , Sweeney, Pugsley, Gagne , Hodge

Plus other draft picks(3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 round picks) in 2013,2014 and 2015

Players at the draft: Dubeau, Penny, Barbashev, Roussy

I don't know what they will do but they can land another elite player or two.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:03 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
they think they have awesome prospects.....i fail to see it!!! and they hardly have picks to deal.
Are you sure you're not chsb? Jeez. It's like Halifax, Quebec and Moncton don't have any picks because they don't have their '13 first.

Moncton won't sell. Very doubtful.... If they do then Racine an Veilleux suddenly look very intriguing in Moose uniforms

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Are you sure you're not chsb? Jeez. It's like Halifax, Quebec and Moncton don't have any picks because they don't have their '13 first.

Moncton won't sell. Very doubtful.... If they do then Racine an Veilleux suddenly look very intriguing in Moose uniforms
Hahah!! no, i'm not CHSB...i dont think Bathurst is that great!
i'm on the record if you look at my previous post, as hoping that moncton turn things around. (CHSB would never say that!!) I do not however, think any of those prospects named are of much value when they havent played in the league. Historically if you look at those trades, they involve 16/17yr olds that are playing in the league, not junior A or midget AAA. That's why i'm saying they are not full of great prospects. Those players could turn out great, but, there is not 1 sure thing in that group. And...the current roster, being an extremely talented one, does not have many contributing young players.

I do agree, that teams can get creative with future picks, but, keep in mind all that does is prolong the rebuild time going forward. You have to sacrifice some in order to go for it....but how much?

I love it, if it werent for them having a hard time to get going, we wouldnt have much to talk about!

if the lock out continues, i cant wait to see what Huberdeau will fetch and where he will end up. Any chance the wildcats can pick him up?

Old
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Hahah!! no, i'm not CHSB...i dont think Bathurst is that great!
i'm on the record if you look at my previous post, as hoping that moncton turn things around. (CHSB would never say that!!) I do not however, think any of those prospects named are of much value when they havent played in the league. Historically if you look at those trades, they involve 16/17yr olds that are playing in the league, not junior A or midget AAA. That's why i'm saying they are not full of great prospects. Those players could turn out great, but, there is not 1 sure thing in that group. And...the current roster, being an extremely talented one, does not have many contributing young players.

I do agree, that teams can get creative with future picks, but, keep in mind all that does is prolong the rebuild time going forward. You have to sacrifice some in order to go for it....but how much?

I love it, if it werent for them having a hard time to get going, we wouldnt have much to talk about!

if the lock out continues, i cant wait to see what Huberdeau will fetch and where he will end up. Any chance the wildcats can pick him up?
I agree with their prospects. They have a few recently selected guys, but no huge standouts and can't really deal 17yo jr a players The only pick they don't have is a 1st right? Well as I always tell chsb, there's another draft after this years lol. They can use Dubeau, Penny, Melindy or even Veilleux as futures though.

As for Huberdeau, it all depends on how Moncton play for the next month.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:09 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
I agree with their prospects. They have a few recently selected guys, but no huge standouts and can't really deal 17yo jr a players The only pick they don't have is a 1st right? Well as I always tell chsb, there's another draft after this years lol. They can use Dubeau, Penny, Melindy or even Veilleux as futures though.

As for Huberdeau, it all depends on how Moncton play for the next month.
you have to agree that if it comes down to futures...halifax and quebec have much more to offer than Moncton.
it will be interesting. Wildcats have to come back with 2 wins for sure this weekend.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

There's no chance in hell that Huberdeau will wear a Cats jersey... Espicially after last years deadline...

That would be a huge slap in the face to Huberdeau's teammates and him, and the SeaDogs faithful.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:25 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

See ClemQ , I'm not the only person who thinks you come across as CHSB jk

Old
10-25-2012, 06:01 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
There's no chance in hell that Huberdeau will wear a Cats jersey... Espicially after last years deadline...

That would be a huge slap in the face to Huberdeau's teammates and him, and the SeaDogs faithful.
Gahhh, totally drew a blank there. I should've made the connection between Moncton and SJ and knew there's no way these two would strike a deal, especially not for the top player in the country.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Gahhh, totally drew a blank there. I should've made the connection between Moncton and SJ and knew there's no way these two would strike a deal, especially not for the top player in the country.
Happens.

I was like what ???

No way, the whole Gormley trade set the tone...

I'd never trade my best player to a rival..

Old
10-25-2012, 10:17 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Happens.

I was like what ???

No way, the whole Gormley trade set the tone...

I'd never trade my best player to a rival..
Rouyn become interesting if they keep this up... Hubey to RN a possibilty? BLB imo, leads the Hubey stakes.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
See ClemQ , I'm not the only person who thinks you come across as CHSB jk
HAHAHAH....i thought of you when i saw that comment!!!!

Old
10-26-2012, 01:58 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Rouyn become interesting if they keep this up... Hubey to RN a possibilty? BLB imo, leads the Hubey stakes.
I'm leaning towards the exact same thing. BLB are frontrunners, followed by Rouyn Noranda having an outside shot. Rouyn just might make a splash for him. Remember the year they were 3 or 4th in the league and they went out and acquired Cormier and Caron from Rimouski! That didn't turn out the best considering they gave up a ton of assets and Cormier was suspended for the remainder of the season/playoffs for the Tam hit.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
CH4

Quote:
I'm leaning towards the exact same thing. BLB are frontrunners, followed by Rouyn Noranda having an outside shot. Rouyn just might make a splash for him. Remember the year they were 3 or 4th in the league and they went out and acquired Cormier and Caron from Rimouski! That didn't turn out the best considering they gave up a ton of assets and Cormier was suspended for the remainder of the season/playoffs for the Tam hit.
after these events, Tourigny clearly stated he would not go all in again.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
chsb

Quote:
you have to agree that if it comes down to futures...halifax and quebec have much more to offer than Moncton.
it will be interesting. Wildcats have to come back with 2 wins for sure this weekend.
Although you don't think that the Titan will come around and Moncton will come around, I have to say that I agree with you on Moncton not having any prospect depth nor futures or picks to offer to go get the big "pieces" missing as we are finding out that a few supposedly "blue chips" they have are not what they were fetched to be, far from it.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:57 PM
chsb

Quote:

Before they sell Flynn will get fired as he does not have his dressing room anymore.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:37 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Although you don't think that the Titan will come around and Moncton will come around, I have to say that I agree with you on Moncton not having any prospect depth nor futures or picks to offer to go get the big "pieces" missing as we are finding out that a few supposedly "blue chips" they have are not what they were fetched to be, far from it.
You do realize there is a draft every season(2013,2014,2015 etc..) The only significant pick Moncton is missing is their 1st 2013..

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 10-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Before they sell Flynn will get fired as he does not have his dressing room anymore.
Flynn is one of the best coaches in the league and very well respected around the hockey world. We have 3 wins in our last 4 games and two of those games we've cam back from a 2 goals defecit. I know it's frustrating being a Titan fan, really I feel for you, but the negativity(jealousy) about every other single team is hilarious

Old
10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
And what team do? Halifax don't have amazing prospects. Quebec don't, Moncton don't, RN don't Bathurst don't (don't even try to ******** us on that one ). Que, Hfx and Moncton don't have '13 1sts, but man, you seriously need to come off of it

Old
10-26-2012, 04:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I can't see Hubey in Rouyn, no way.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
chsb

Quote:
I know it's frustrating being a Titan fan, really I feel for you
What is really funny is reading that kind of crap coming from a Moncton fan.

Dubeau was supposed to be a worthy future in a trade if required, as so was Melindy.
Both have sucked since the start of season.
Barbeshev was supposed to be a 80 points player....etc,etc....

Rather than trying to downgrade the Titan, you should give readers the exact time on your beloved team.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Dubeau was supposed to be a worthy future in a trade if required, as so was Melindy.

Rather than trying to downgrade the Titan, you should give readers the exact time on your beloved team.
They stumbled out of the gate, season ain't over.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:54 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Dubeau is an 18 year old goaltender who like many needed alot of games early to get going. Since October 10th, he's had a .912% and is doing much better while winning us games. Barbashev is a 16 year old who has 8 points in his first 14 games while adjusting to North American hockey and has lots of time left in this league He'll be lighting it up in this league longer than Bathurst have a team to cheer for