HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
He didn't play for Team Canada because he was a final cut (having to study for Harvard exams was cited as a factor) and played 31 of 33 games for Harvard. Like I said, he didn't miss significant time due to injury.
Not trying to be antagonistic but all of those things played a part in him not playing for Team Canada,it's a common thing to hide injuries especially for the WJC's.In any case it wasn't an ankle injury which was the point.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Not trying to be antagonistic but all of those things played a part in him not playing for Team Canada,it's a common thing to hide injuries especially for the WJC's.In any case it wasn't an ankle injury which was the point.
Just having a discussion. I couldn't remember if he had one, although now that you mention it it sounds familar, but that he hasn't had a major injury except for the shoulder before. These minor ones that cause a player to miss a couple games here and there are pretty much ubiquitous for high level hockey players. Basically, everyone gets them.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Et le But

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...?article_id=91

Holland interview.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:29 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Exciting player to watch,has a great attitude and plays the game in the hard areas.For his size Patrick shows no fear and is excelling at the AHL level so far.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone know of this game is on TVA sports ? Forgot to check before I left for work

Old
10-26-2012, 06:56 AM
ngc_5128

I believe it is on a tape delay and starts at 9:30, or whenever the Q game is over.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:58 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Anyone know of this game is on TVA sports ? Forgot to check before I left for work
The game is televised but at 9:30 taped delay apparently,I think someone said there is an online telecast but you would have to go back a few pages.Someone will probably post it again before gametime,looking forward to the rematch.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Really bad news for the Dogs attack, with Leblanc they could somewhat compensate for a lack of top offensive talent by rolling 3 ES lines that could generate pressure and were in a position to score by committee, the defensive third line could also attack.

We saw last night only Geoffrion and Bournival's lines putting themselves in a position to score and not in a dominating fashion either.
It will take the lines a few games to get used to the AHL game and their new linemates. As you say both Geoffrion and Bournival's lines are getting chances,when these guys get accustomed to the level of play,their game will improve.I'm impressed with the Bournival line,all three of them Quailer and Gallagher give 100% every shift same as Geoffrion's with Holland and Palushaj,it's a matter of time before they start producing consistently.IMO the Bulldogs will battle through the adversities they face as a team and become confident in all their teammates abilities.Then to a man they will be hard opponents to find weaknesses in,their defence is what will start winning games consistently for them along with Desjardins return in goal.Go Bulldogs Go!

Old
10-26-2012, 01:59 PM
domdo345

so the game is on TVA sport at 10h but I assume the real time is 7h00 or 7h30 right? Just wanna take some precautions if so. Do not want to know the score!

Old
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
so the game is on TVA sport at 10h but I assume the real time is 7h00 or 7h30 right? Just wanna take some precautions if so. Do not want to know the score!
Right there with you. I'm working til 9, and I'm usually playing the game in the background or checking HF for scores. Guess it'll be a productive night for once

Old
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Going to tonight's game @ copps. I said to a buddy "I hope I get to see Kadri destroyed tonight" He replied "The Leafs are doing a good enough job of destroying him on their own". Laughed pretty hard and thought I'd share.

Really excited to see Holland tonight, didn't get to see any of him in the WHL being an Ontario guy, plus sportsnet never played Tri-City games.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:51 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Much better effort from the dogs tonight. Not really happy with any of the forward vets though, they need to step it up as the kids are outplaying them easily. The CHL line was fun to watch, good to see Gallagher get going, that pass on the St-Denis goal was sweet.

Not sure how the hell the marlies first goal counted, Delmas was clearly bumped by the marlie passing bye. BS no call.

Not sure I ever remember seeing 6 rookies start a game in Hamilton before. Holland-Bournival-Gallagher Tinordi-Pateryn Delmas.

Congrats to Derick on 1000 games called for Hamilton. :t owel:

Old
10-27-2012, 07:44 AM
zzoo

- Horrible first period, bad 2nd period. Bad passes, reception, turn-overs, weak shots for both teams.
- Beaulieu, although his mistakes, showed his great potential. He looked a bit like PK, great with some mistakes.
- IMO, yesterday Bournival was the best player although he doesn't have a lot of points.
- I like Dumont. He worked very hard. However, it seems that his talent is quite limited.
- As opposed to some, I'm not impressed with Gallagher. Yes, I saw his wonderful pass on the St.Denis's goal. But most of the time when he has the puck, he shoots too much, has no creativity or trying to make another play. The puck seems like a hot potato to him. And he missed a few passes too.
- The veterans (Blunden, Geoffrion and Palushaj) looked ordinary.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Desjardins is the only veteran this team has who's close to the NHL. St-Denis, too. However, St-Denis seems to still struggle in the AHL cause of his size and he doesn't quite have the hockey sense to always win (or quite frequently win) battle with his hockey smarts.

On the flip side of things I didn't really notice Kadri at all aside from 2-3 shifts. He's the best offensive prospect on either side and seemed very quiet

Did Dumont's goal even go in ?

Old
10-27-2012, 08:00 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
- As opposed to some, I'm not impressed with Gallagher. Yes, I saw his wonderful pass on the St.Denis's goal. But most of the time when he has the puck, he shoots too much, has no creativity or trying to make another play. The puck seems like a hot potato to him. And he missed a few passes too.
Lets not forget about coaching here.....We dont know what Gallagher has been told but I assume its shoot shoot shoot.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:28 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Tinordi is pretty aggressive, he pinched more times then he retreated and by my count had a 50/50 success rate.

Holland was fantastic at making room for himself out there. That line was by far our best tonight.

The Bulldogs did look very sluggish in the 1st period.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Andy

It will be interesting to see what Hamilton looks like as a team near the end of the season when these rookies get some experience and settle down.

Also, if Holland and Bournival keep up this pace, we might, for the rare occasion, be on the winning end of trades (especially if the 2nd round pick we got with Holland ends up being a good prospect).

I think Bournival will end up as a top 9 guy, but I really wouldn't rule out Holland becoming a top 6 guy. He isn't afraid to get his nose dirty despite his size and his hockey IQ and vision are pretty high for what you'd expect from him. Kudos to the scout that told management about this kid.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

My thoughts is that NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY NEGATIVELY ABOUT BEAULIEU, the guy is a NHL talent and will end up playing there. Nobody knows how it will turn out but he is clearly a talent. Some NHL players ended up playing in this league and were a supposed reliability defensively. If those players can, surely a guy with Beaulieu's skating and offensive awareness will as well. What he needs to work on the most, I think, is to not let his talent alone do the talking. The rest is great and we have an awesome prospect on our hands.

Was great to see Gallagher do his thing as we expected him to be. What he needs to be careful with is not to be a Gilbert Brule. Meaning, some smaller players can adapt their physical game as they progresses, but some ones who don't, just keep being injured and it affects their career. Brule thought he'd be able to pinball machine his way in this league...and he wasn't. Gallagher should never change his game....but he will/should learn to fight the right battles.

2 guys that will need to be more assertive are Quailer and Holland. Nobody will say that Holland is just not a very good cerebral player. He is very good at that. Awesome vision. But while he'll never be a physical player, he still needs to at least be assertive in retrieving the puck and be more "firm" at keeping it. Holland is great technically in those departments as he often outwit the opponent. But when it comes to nitty gritty....he'll need to be less shy. But it should come with time. As far as Quailer is concerned, I still have no idea why he was targeted as an already top 6 player. Don't see it....yet. For me, that's clearly the type of guy who still haven't found his style yet. But his size and how he protects the puck makes him a fine bottom 6 AHL'er for now. But doesn't show the ability to be top 6 EVEN with a limited squad as we have. Maybe once he gets back into form, Naatinen will push Quailer down the lineup. Same with Leblanc who will need to get things going. No need to say that if Kristo would be here.....anyway.

I think that what the Habs/Dogs brass failed this summer is adressing their vet situation offensivelu. Makes no sense to end up with Hagel, Stortini in a 4th liner, a Stortini who doesn't seem that eager to play that role anymore. Boyce isn't impressing me one bit, if he is on a 25-game test, he will fail it if it continues the same. But we should have done a better job offensively, and even as the grinders we got.

Palushaj is my Michigan boy. But I'm really disspointed so far. Not a lot of imagination, not even using his speed properly. About to change address if it's still possible in due time. Others might be fine AHL players like Geoffrion and Blunden but that's clearly it. AHL players. Dumont is intriguing, you would think he has a lot of things to make him a NHL'er even in a 4th line. Will see how his season develops. But at one point, they will need to play Avtsin. If not, send him back to Russia and see how he develops over there.

I liked the D. Thought everybody looked better. Still a big session of first step quickness for everybody but that's the guys we have with no idea of how they could still improve in that department. Pateryn might develop it or become a more physical Jon Gleed. Contrary to some, I see Corbin and think there's something to work on here. Ellis is a favorite of mine so no need to elaborate. Great to see Tinordi not being afraid already to pinch once in a while. Which might be strange for some 'cause while he does have his bad moments, he seems more at ease already than he was in his first junior season. Defensively, he will need to be faster. I have no problem sitting Nash, out of everybody we saw yesterday, I feel he's the one who doesn't have a future with us. Yet, I hope Lefebvre does make some regular adjustments back there so that eveyrone plays. And then you know the injuries will start and everybody will have their chance.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:21 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
My thoughts is that NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY NEGATIVELY ABOUT BEAULIEU, the guy is a NHL talent and will end up playing there. Nobody knows how it will turn out but he is clearly a talent. Some NHL players ended up playing in this league and were a supposed reliability defensively. If those players can, surely a guy with Beaulieu's skating and offensive awareness will as well. What he needs to work on the most, I think, is to not let his talent alone do the talking. The rest is great and we have an awesome prospect on our hands.

Was great to see Gallagher do his thing as we expected him to be. What he needs to be careful with is not to be a Gilbert Brule. Meaning, some smaller players can adapt their physical game as they progresses, but some ones who don't, just keep being injured and it affects their career. Brule thought he'd be able to pinball machine his way in this league...and he wasn't. Gallagher should never change his game....but he will/should learn to fight the right battles.

2 guys that will need to be more assertive are Quailer and Holland. Nobody will say that Holland is just not a very good cerebral player. He is very good at that. Awesome vision. But while he'll never be a physical player, he still needs to at least be assertive in retrieving the puck and be more "firm" at keeping it. Holland is great technically in those departments as he often outwit the opponent. But when it comes to nitty gritty....he'll need to be less shy. But it should come with time. As far as Quailer is concerned, I still have no idea why he was targeted as an already top 6 player. Don't see it....yet. For me, that's clearly the type of guy who still haven't found his style yet. But his size and how he protects the puck makes him a fine bottom 6 AHL'er for now. But doesn't show the ability to be top 6 EVEN with a limited squad as we have. Maybe once he gets back into form, Naatinen will push Quailer down the lineup. Same with Leblanc who will need to get things going. No need to say that if Kristo would be here.....anyway.

I think that what the Habs/Dogs brass failed this summer is adressing their vet situation offensivelu. Makes no sense to end up with Hagel, Stortini in a 4th liner, a Stortini who doesn't seem that eager to play that role anymore. Boyce isn't impressing me one bit, if he is on a 25-game test, he will fail it if it continues the same. But we should have done a better job offensively, and even as the grinders we got.

Palushaj is my Michigan boy. But I'm really disspointed so far. Not a lot of imagination, not even using his speed properly. About to change address if it's still possible in due time. Others might be fine AHL players like Geoffrion and Blunden but that's clearly it. AHL players. Dumont is intriguing, you would think he has a lot of things to make him a NHL'er even in a 4th line. Will see how his season develops. But at one point, they will need to play Avtsin. If not, send him back to Russia and see how he develops over there.

I liked the D. Thought everybody looked better. Still a big session of first step quickness for everybody but that's the guys we have with no idea of how they could still improve in that department. Pateryn might develop it or become a more physical Jon Gleed. Contrary to some, I see Corbin and think there's something to work on here. Ellis is a favorite of mine so no need to elaborate. Great to see Tinordi not being afraid already to pinch once in a while. Which might be strange for some 'cause while he does have his bad moments, he seems more at ease already than he was in his first junior season. Defensively, he will need to be faster. I have no problem sitting Nash, out of everybody we saw yesterday, I feel he's the one who doesn't have a future with us. Yet, I hope Lefebvre does make some regular adjustments back there so that eveyrone plays. And then you know the injuries will start and everybody will have their chance.
Great read!

Agree on most part at the exception of Nash. I think he should be in the top 6 right now over Corbin or Pateryn. Ellis deserve to be on that second pairing with Beaulieu and give Tinordi a guy like St-Denis to mentor him. With Desjardin back the Dogs will be alot better defensively. But i still hate our offense with no good veteran to help the kids.....Stortini and Hagel suck big time and Boyce is useless.....Geoffrion and Palushaj will need to play way better because so far they look like 3rd liner in the AHL.....

Old
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
EveryDay

After 5 games my top 5 stars!

1-Patrick Holland --Biggest surprise so far, the guy is very good with the puck and even better without......Could be the best trade Montreal made since Rivet.
2-Fred St-Denis-- Always look at the right place at the right time. St-Denis should wear the C without any doubt... He's the safest player in this team and you can pair him with anybody on D and they will look good.
3-Michael Bournival--Already the best Center of the team, very good on the pk and can create on the offensive side of the puck, he WILL be an NHL'er
4-Nathan Beaulieu--This guy will be special. You can see that everytimes he touch the puck he fly through the offensive zone, best skater we have since..... Jan Bulis. When i look Nathan i remenber PK Subban 3 years ago. We have another Stud coming.
5-Gabriel Dumont--Really like this player!!! He never ever ever quit, Would take him before Nokelainen without thinking twice.

Any Comments? What would be you're top 5 so far?

Old
10-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Leo Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
On the flip side of things I didn't really notice Kadri at all aside from 2-3 shifts. He's the best offensive prospect on either side and seemed very quiet
Was sitting right by the Marlies bench and every time Kadri came back to the bench he looked sad/frusturated.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Roulin

For those who saw a lot of JT Wyman as a Bulldog, how does 23 year old Quailer compare with 23 year old Wyman (09-10)?

Old
10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It will be interesting to see what Hamilton looks like as a team near the end of the season when these rookies get some experience and settle down.

Also, if Holland and Bournival keep up this pace, we might, for the rare occasion, be on the winning end of trades (especially if the 2nd round pick we got with Holland ends up being a good prospect).

I think Bournival will end up as a top 9 guy, but I really wouldn't rule out Holland becoming a top 6 guy. He isn't afraid to get his nose dirty despite his size and his hockey IQ and vision are pretty high for what you'd expect from him. Kudos to the scout that told management about this kid.
Both were underrated pickups made by Gauther that not many people gave him credit for, both are very interesting prospects and their ability to play multiple positions is a huge plus for them.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
le_sean

I'm happy to hear about Beaulieu, but a little worried about Tinordi. Hopefully he can start getting accustomed soon.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
After 5 games my top 5 stars!

1-Patrick Holland --Biggest surprise so far, the guy is very good with the puck and even better without......Could be the best trade Montreal made since Rivet.
2-Fred St-Denis-- Always look at the right place at the right time. St-Denis should wear the C without any doubt... He's the safest player in this team and you can pair him with anybody on D and they will look good.
3-Michael Bournival--Already the best Center of the team, very good on the pk and can create on the offensive side of the puck, he WILL be an NHL'er
4-Nathan Beaulieu--This guy will be special. You can see that everytimes he touch the puck he fly through the offensive zone, best skater we have since..... Jan Bulis. When i look Nathan i remenber PK Subban 3 years ago. We have another Stud coming.
5-Gabriel Dumont--Really like this player!!! He never ever ever quit, Would take him before Nokelainen without thinking twice.

Any Comments? What would be you're top 5 so far?
I'm not as enthousiastic as you are, but that would also be my top-5. Pleasantly suprised by Beaulieu, Holland and Bournival, while Gallagher (despite looking better yesterday, Tinordi, Leblanc, Palushaj and Geoffrion were underwhelming.

Closed Thread