HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Joke of an offensive performance through 6 innings against Zito. The game has went pretty much exactly as I expected after what happened after the Freese double. Hopefully they can prove me wrong in the final 3.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:17 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
We need to win game 6. Although we've beaten Cain once in this series, I don't want to let it get there again. We should be able to hit Vogelsong.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
stlweir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
A couple of quick thoughts on AP and everything:

I wonder how much he will enjoy being a DH in 3-5 years. Albert strikes me as a guy who enjoys putting on the leather, unlike a guy like Ortiz, who seems only to care about swinging a bat.

I think Albert just lost his chance at legendary status. Hall of Famer? You bet. Best player in Angels history possibly. Best Cardinal? Not a chance. He's the THIRD best hitter ever for the Cardinals (behind Musial and Hornsby). Baseball legend, like Ripken or Musial? Unlikely.
Here are the facts. Alberts first year as an Angel and his numbers continued to trend down. A career high in official at bats with career lows in hits, runs, hrs, walks, average and on base %. His RBIs were up a bit but he played more games than last year and has the DH to give hime more RBI opportunities. An amazing 4 other starters on the Halos had a higher batting average than career .328 hitter Albert who hit .285. His on base % was 77 points below his career average. His walks were way down. Albert turns 33 next year and father time is catching up. Will he hit in the .270s next year with less than 30 homers and under 100 rbis? Will he ever make another All Star team? Many Angel fans say the Angel's gave him respect he deserved which the Cardinals didn't. Let's see what they call it when he is out of Baseball and they are paying him $25MM-$30MM a year the last 4+ years of the contract.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
We need to win game 6. Although we've beaten Cain once in this series, I don't want to let it get there again. We should be able to hit Vogelsong.
We should have been able to hit Zito.

If we get the win tomorrow, then I'll happily say that winning in 6 is much better than winning in 5 because it is 2 less days of sitting around waiting for the WS for the team. Of course, you only have the luxury in hindsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Here are the facts. Alberts first year as an Angel and his numbers continued to trend down. A career high in official at bats with career lows in hits, runs, hrs, walks, average and on base %. His RBIs were up a bit but he played more games than last year and has the DH to give hime more RBI opportunities. An amazing 4 other starters on the Halos had a higher batting average than career .328 hitter Albert who hit .285. His on base % was 77 points below his career average. His walks were way down. Albert turns 33 next year and father time is catching up. Will he hit in the .270s next year with less than 30 homers and under 100 rbis? Will he ever make another All Star team? Many Angel fans say the Angel's gave him respect he deserved which the Cardinals didn't. Let's see what they call it when he is out of Baseball and they are paying him $25MM-$30MM a year the last 4+ years of the contract.
The Pujols situation was one that I think every Cardinals fan had mixed feelings about. His numbers were trending down and I'm not close to being the only one that thinks he'll have significant injury issues over the course of his contract. We dodged a bullet, even the contract we offered him would have been too much.

All the age talk persists as well. Does anyone actually buy that he is older than he claims to be?

Old
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Alklha

Vogelsong dominating the first time through.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Not looking good...

Old
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
CarvinSigX

Then Carp throws the curve of a lifetime. That was nasty.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Alklha

Urgh... 4-0. Washington taught us there is a long way to go, but we need to get something back by the 4th.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
CarvinSigX

Fair to say this one is all but over?

Old
10-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Alklha

I'm not writing it off yet, but if we don't get on the board by the 4th, it's done.

Can't let the game get out of hand, but do we really want to burn the bullpen on a game that is close to gone? Hopefully Carp can fight through it, as he often does, and get through at least 5.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Alklha

Well at least we got a run tonight...

Old
10-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Alklha

As uncomfortable as I was with Lohse on the mound against the Braves, I'm actually pretty confident that we'll get the job done tonight.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:35 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Looks like everybody is avoiding this thread like the plague... I wonder why that is?

Well, Sunday should be interesting In England. New England hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire or anything. Hopefully the rams can keep it close and GZ can show off his leg for those footballers over there...

Old
10-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Thekidline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Looks like everybody is avoiding this thread like the plague... I wonder why that is?

Well, Sunday should be interesting In England. New England hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire or anything. Hopefully the rams can keep it close and GZ can show off his leg for those footballers over there...
Agreed, wanna see the rookie wideouts play more. Givens has been very exciting. D line needs to get after brady.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

I could talk forever about the Rams.

Danny Amendola is back at practice and it sounds like he could be playing in the game after the bye next week against San Fransisco.

I'm really intrigued by the offense with both Givens/Amendola. The emergence of Givens as a deep threat should really open things up for him underneath.

I like Givens chances of making a 5th straight week with an explosive play.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Alklha

Going to the game, but I don't really like the Wembley matches. Hopefully it'll feel a little different since it is the Rams. I really struggle to see us winning the game, but I guess the Pats have shown a lot of weaknesses this season. Hopefully it is a Sam Bradford day more than GZ.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I could talk forever about the Rams.

Danny Amendola is back at practice and it sounds like he could be playing in the game after the bye next week against San Fransisco.

I'm really intrigued by the offense with both Givens/Amendola. The emergence of Givens as a deep threat should really open things up for him underneath.

I like Givens chances of making a 5th straight week with an explosive play.
Yeah, Givens as a deep presence should be opening up the middle of the field for guys like Kendricks, Smith and Gibson. Still not sure Pettis is a very good player, just never much of a factor. Quick has shown flashes, and he could factor into the deep game as well.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Pettis doesn't see the field much, but I think he has the best hands of any WR on the team right now(discounting Amendola as he's injured). Gibson/Givens/Quick have all had some drops that have been costly.

That said I really really really want Keenan Allen out of California next year in the draft. Grab him with the first first round pick and get the best offensive tackle with the second first round pick.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Pettis doesn't see the field much, but I think he has the best hands of any WR on the team right now(discounting Amendola as he's injured). Gibson/Givens/Quick have all had some drops that have been costly.

That said I really really really want Keenan Allen out of California next year in the draft. Grab him with the first first round pick and get the best offensive tackle with the second first round pick.
Agree, I wouldn't mind Justin Hunter either. Our WR's leave a lot to be desired still, mainly because they're young and learning, but drafting one of the top receivers in this draft would help Bradford a lot, IMO, because I don't think they'll take as much time to develop as a Brian Quick. Quick just isn't a bright individual, so he'll take a couple years to reach his potential. Hunter, Woods, and Allen could be good right off the bat given they have the intelligence to pick up the system.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Thekidline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
Agree, I wouldn't mind Justin Hunter either. Our WR's leave a lot to be desired still, mainly because they're young and learning, but drafting one of the top receivers in this draft would help Bradford a lot, IMO, because I don't think they'll take as much time to develop as a Brian Quick. Quick just isn't a bright individual, so he'll take a couple years to reach his potential. Hunter, Woods, and Allen could be good right off the bat given they have the intelligence to pick up the system.
I havent looked to much into the 2013 draft but I like the idea of going wr and tackle. Our defense doesn't really need much more 1st round talent (at least compared to the offense) It would be nice to find a ball hawk at safety, but you can find good safeties in the 2nd/3rd round.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidline View Post
I havent looked to much into the 2013 draft but I like the idea of going wr and tackle. Our defense doesn't really need much more 1st round talent (at least compared to the offense) It would be nice to find a ball hawk at safety, but you can find good safeties in the 2nd/3rd round.
Especially this year. It's pretty deep draft for safeties. The one I like most is T.J. McDonald out of USC who should be available in Round 2.

1a. Keenan Allen, WR, California
1b. Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
2. T.J. McDonald, FS, USC
3. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

....I'm such a draft geek

Old
10-26-2012, 10:34 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Especially this year. It's pretty deep draft for safeties. The one I like most is T.J. McDonald out of USC who should be available in Round 2.

Marcus Lattimore in the 2nd, should he fall that far.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Memento
Missourian.

Quote:

In my honest opinion, Warford and Fauria don't last that long (especially Fauria); both of them are second round prospects. Zach Ertz or Levine Toilolo (the Stanford tight end duo) are more realistic options in the third round, while Khaseem Greene (OLB, Rutgers) is a legitimate fourth round option.

Also, I don't think Fisher would ever draft a tackle in the first round. He never did that when he was with Tennessee (Michael Roos was the highest pick used on an offensive lineman), and with what Boudreau has done with guys like Rodger Saffold, Shelley Smith, and Joe Barksdale, I don't think he needs to draft one higher than the second round.

As for safeties, I like Tony Jefferson out of Oklahoma; he reminds me of a more physical Earl Thomas.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Marcus Lattimore in the 2nd, should he fall that far.
I have to say I am totally against drafting a RB early, especially one with Lattimore's injury problems in the past.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
I have to say I am totally against drafting a RB early, especially one with Lattimore's injury problems in the past.
Richardson has been a pleasant surprise at RB, and we drafted Pead fairly high last year. I agree that we dont need to spend another early pick on a RB.

Closed Thread