HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mason Raymond for your Bottom-6 Center

Old
10-25-2012, 12:30 AM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Mason Raymond for Adbelakder.

Helps both teams IMO. Abby gives 100% every night, finishes checks, sticks up for teammates (albeit - loses 9/10 times) and is good on the PK.

With Jarkrok, Sheahan, and Anderson all natural centers and likely knocking on the door soon if a head has to roll Id like it to be Abs. his could also permit the return to a 3 scoring lines + 1 shut-down line that we had in the until 09/10 when Huds, Sammy, and Hossa all left in the summer.

Franzen Datsyuk Nyquist
Bertuzzi Zetterberg Brunner
Raymond Filpula Cleary
Miller Helm Tootoo
As a Canuck fan, I'd be all over this. I kinda feel like your fellow Detroit fans might not be as fond of it, though.

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:46 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
As a Canuck fan, I'd be all over this. I kinda feel like your fellow Detroit fans might not be as fond of it, though.
I am not totally against moving Abdelkader. But pretty much every Wings fan that does it thinks as in the post you replied to Filppula will somehow become the third line center and Helm will play fourth line. Something the organization is just not going to do, so it is rather silly.

Emmerton and a third round pick.... Yeah I wouldn't be interested either. Maybe Emmerton, Eaves/Miller and a pick.

The Wings do not need another second/third line tweener. Even though I actually like Mason Raymond quite a bit. I just don't think it matches what the team is thinking, they need to get rid of forwards as is in Detroit. Not an even swap of them.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 10-25-2012 at 01:51 AM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:14 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The Wings do not need another second/third line tweener. Even though I actually like Mason Raymond quite a bit. I just don't think it matches what the team is thinking, they need to get rid of forwards as is in Detroit. Not an even swap of them.
It's funny because I like Abdelkader quite a bit, but I don't think I could move Raymond for him. But that may be because I'm one of the bigger Raymond fans on the board.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:21 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
It's funny because I like Abdelkader quite a bit, but I don't think I could move Raymond for him. But that may be because I'm one of the bigger Raymond fans on the board.
I am actually a pretty big Raymond fan, it just doesn't seem there is a good fit here. Even those that can make it an interesting offer from a Detroit standpoint, are really offering up something we know management won't.

Sheahan and Andersson are interesting options as fourth line center guys enough that Abdelkader and Emmerton might be available for the right price. But, I think that is D-man and not Raymond.

However with what Mursak and Brunner are doing overseas right now, maybe other interesting parts are in play that might not have been. But as of right now the Wings need to unload some forwards under contract.

Of course if the lockout ended quickly, both Emmerton and Eaves would probably be LTIR guys. So they are kind of stuck where they are for a little bit and I doubt they would be one of the bidders on Raymond.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
ThatGuy22

Matt Cullen? More of a second/third line tweener, and getten up their in age. But responsible defensively, good face off guy.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:08 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Mason Raymond for Adbelakder.

Helps both teams IMO. Abby gives 100% every night, finishes checks, sticks up for teammates (albeit - loses 9/10 times) and is good on the PK.
What is his cap-hit?

I would definitely do this.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
You do know Abby is a dime a dozen player and ahs yet to show any improvement . I would move him in a second.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Matt Cullen? More of a second/third line tweener, and getten up their in age. But responsible defensively, good face off guy.
What's his cap hit? If it's more then 2.5 it kind of defeats the point of trading Raymond, getting an older, more expensive player and all.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:26 AM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Any Wings fan saying they wouldn't do Abby for Raymond is nuts! Imagine a line with Raymond and Helm on it? Wings are also pretty slow throughout our top lines (Bertuzzi, Franzen, Z all pretty slow + Cleary is only fast once he gets going, not much of an accelerator of late). Throwing Raymond on a line with some of those guys might spark some serious offense!

I'd do Abdelkader + 3rd for Raymond, easily.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

I want Raymond on the Wild.

To Wild: Raymond

To Canucks: Matt Cullen

Not sure how close the value here is for a straight up deal. But Cullen is a very shifty player who could contribute on the PP. He tends to start years off very hot then cools down. Lately he seems to be a pretty hot/cold type player. Great 3rd line center imo

What do the Canucks think?

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
I want Raymond on the Wild.

To Wild: Raymond

To Canucks: Matt Cullen

Not sure how close the value here is for a straight up deal. But Cullen is a very shifty player who could contribute on the PP. He tends to start years off very hot then cools down. Lately he seems to be a pretty hot/cold type player. Great 3rd line center imo

What do the Canucks think?
He's kind of old though. Maybe Raymond + 3rd for Cullen + 2nd to make up for the age difference?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
He's kind of old though. Maybe Raymond + 3rd for Cullen + 2nd to make up for the age difference?
But I guess with the lockout you could just get him in free agency next year or any other free agent bottom 6 center you want. God this lockout is lame

But I would probably take that deal. I don't know if other Wild fans would agree with me but I think we need more speed and skill on our wings.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Reign Nateo

Canucks should hold on to Raymond, see what they have. People around here react to quick to move a guy like Raymond for scraps. Though decent ideas in here. But this is a guy coming off a broken back that struggled a bit last year. This will be a big season for him. And that's understandable.

Raymond is a solid 2-way player that back-checks like a madman. He's soft as hell, but very fast and coachable. He's also not afraid to get dirty in front of the net when healthy. His speed alone makes him worth having on a roster. He kills penalties and works his ass off every night. I'm not ready to dump him at his current market value, and neither should Gillis.

Trading Raymond now would be poor asset management. I'd rather play him all year and see what he can do.

Rangers aren't moving Boyle, Abdelkader is very limited and Handzus doesn't have much left. It's a good thought and the thread hasn't been a total train-wreck like anything else that has the words "Vancouver" or "Canucks" in it though.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
medhatcanuck

Poor Raymond, given so much to the organization.

Strengths: great defensively and is a great pker. Fast as hell and will fit perfectly on a third line as a shutdown winger. Canucks already have Higgins, Hansen on the third line. And Raymond isn't big and scary enough for a prototypical 4th liner. Another strength is he is quality puckhandler and will gain the offensive zone for you and he is a good puck possession player.

Weaknesses: no offense anymore. He posseses the skillset to be a good offensive player, he got into that brutal injury against Boston and has never had his scoring touch since. Also, he's not gonna make huge hits or be extremely physical. If you need someone to spark you offensively when your down 2-1 in q big game, Raymond won't be the guy to do it.

We need either a 3rd line center or big 4th line wingers

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
DJOpus

I think fans of teams that play us a bit are more interested than fans of teams that don't.

That says a lot about Raymond's value vs his HF perceived value.

Gillis won't trade him because his thing is letting guys recover from their injuries and evaluating them fairly after that (that's what went wrong in his pro career).

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Rangers wouldn't do that deal.

Boyle is too important for them to deal, especially for Raymond. They would be downgrading from a position where they don't have much depth to add to a strength.

They are better off with Richards-Stepan-Boyle and a top six of Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Callahan, Kreider/Hagelin. Their wingers are fine right now, no need for them to add there.
JT Miller can replace Boyle...Halpern and Miller can switch it up and no Miller is NOT available.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:10 PM
bikesbikesbikes

MayRay is only a couple years removed from a 25 goal season. Had a couple of hat tricks that year. I think his main weakness is his shot, he skates well and has breakaway speed, and does well on the PK.

Abdelkader and Boyle I'd consider. I like Cullen, but his age is a factor, so I doubt Gillis would do it. (he's stated the goal of getting younger.).

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Canucks should hold on to Raymond, see what they have. People around here react to quick to move a guy like Raymond for scraps. Though decent ideas in here. But this is a guy coming off a broken back that struggled a bit last year. This will be a big season for him. And that's understandable.

Raymond is a solid 2-way player that back-checks like a madman. He's soft as hell, but very fast and coachable. He's also not afraid to get dirty in front of the net when healthy. His speed alone makes him worth having on a roster. He kills penalties and works his ass off every night. I'm not ready to dump him at his current market value, and neither should Gillis.

Trading Raymond now would be poor asset management. I'd rather play him all year and see what he can do.

Rangers aren't moving Boyle, Abdelkader is very limited and Handzus doesn't have much left. It's a good thought and the thread hasn't been a total train-wreck like anything else that has the words "Vancouver" or "Canucks" in it though.

Nailed it. You don't trade players that are at an all-time low in value. It's horrible asset management and Raymond can bring far more to the table then what he could fetch in return....unless of course the rangers actually want to move Boyle

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
...didn't we just trade you guys Sammy Pahlsson?

Honestly, what are you people doing with those centers? I mean, like, you have to feed them now and again, y'know.

for those who don't get the joke: yes, I am aware he went back home

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...didn't we just trade you guys Sammy Pahlsson?

Honestly, what are you people doing with those centers? I mean, like, you have to feed them now and again, y'know.

for those who don't get the joke: yes, I am aware he went back home
"I like you Sully, you're a funny guy"...

Nah, but seriously, it was too much of a hassle to get out and take him for walks and stuff. Stupid centers, needing attention, and love, and care, and food....shoulda just gotten a job.

Commando reference for those who don't get it...it was on one of the movie channels a few nights ago...

Boyle is still my favorite, but in response to both Abdelkader and Cullen, I'd like to see a small addition, maybe a pick, because I think Raymond is poised to come back whenever the next seasons starts. 25 goal Raymond should be on his way back.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:35 PM
ponder

Raymond for Connolly? I don't know, the Leafs are already overloaded with wingers (Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulemin, Mac, Kadri, Frattin, Lombardi, Brown, etc.). Raymond is certainly good enough to make the team, but we don't have a real need for him either, we might be better off just keeping Connolly.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Raymond for Connolly? I don't know, the Leafs are already overloaded with wingers (Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulemin, Mac, Kadri, Frattin, Lombardi, Brown, etc.). Raymond is certainly good enough to make the team, but we don't have a real need for him either, we might be better off just keeping Connolly.
The small matter of Connolly making only slightly less than Ryan Kesler seems to have been omitted.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The small matter of Connolly making only slightly less than Ryan Kesler seems to have been omitted.
His cap hit is $2.4 mil higher than Raymond's, and like Raymond he's signed for just 1 year before becoming a UFA.

Not saying Nucks fans have to like this deal, just throwing it out there as the most I'd offer for Raymond as a Leafs fan. We're probably not great trading partners, since the Leafs have an excess of wingers already, and are, if anything, short on centres.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Phenomenon13

I really want Plekanec from montreal but I know it's gonna take a lot more than raymond. I just think he'd fit really well. Not sure if montreal will do it considering they are lacking size?

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
His cap hit is $2.4 mil higher than Raymond's, and like Raymond he's signed for just 1 year before becoming a UFA.

Not saying Nucks fans have to like this deal, just throwing it out there as the most I'd offer for Raymond as a Leafs fan. We're probably not great trading partners, since the Leafs have an excess of wingers already, and are, if anything, short on centres.
Fair enough, but I think we'd pass in light of several better offers being made here.