HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

Old
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Nose of Sutter

vCash: 500
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

Sequal to the reboot from 2010, Campaign was great in the first one, multiplayer needed some major help.

I'll probably pick this up when it comes out in October, anyone else?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:24 PM
XX
Lots of Try

DICE actually did the original multplayer. The problem was that they used 2 different engines. This will have the Battlefield 3 engine but to say that I'm hesitant to buy a shooter from EA LA would be an understatement. This feels like more iterative generic shooter crap. I like that they generally invested a lot of effort into a realistic story but what is this game supposed to be? A story based shooter with token multiplayer? CoD competitor?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:29 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Until they make a sequel to Airborne, I, frankly, am not interested.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:30 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

I'll get it.
Might be EA, but it will probably kick the **** out of CoD

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Osprey

Remember when MoH, CoD and BF were all about WWII? Nowadays, they're all modern combat. Is WWII no longer "cool"? Are we not going to see many more WWII shooters because kids and teens can't appreciate them? What a shame. I'm rather sick of these modern shooters that are all alike (with the exception of BioShock and FarCry/Crysis, the only creative ones being made). I want my historical shooters back! /rant

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
XX
Lots of Try

I'd like to see Battlfield 1944 and 2143

But I'm pretty sure that I read EA has DICE slaving away on Battlefield 4 already. Gotta churn out those meaningless iterations.

Old
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I thought the reboot's campaign was very well done but the multiplayer left a lot to be desired.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Remember when MoH, CoD and BF were all about WWII? Nowadays, they're all modern combat. Is WWII no longer "cool"? Are we not going to see many more WWII shooters because kids and teens can't appreciate them? What a shame. I'm rather sick of these modern shooters that are all alike (with the exception of BioShock and FarCry/Crysis, the only creative ones being made). I want my historical shooters back! /rant
I demand a WWI shooter. I mean most kids like camping right? You'd think it would sell buckets

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Carlzner

First was was a letdown, but not bad. I was looking forward to it way more than Black Ops, but... it just wasn't that good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the (inevitable) multiplayer showcase at e3. Should be a very very nice e3 with this, GTA, Halo, Bioshock, Assassins Creed... yum.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Anyone end up picking this one up.

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I demand a WWI shooter. I mean most kids like camping right? You'd think it would sell buckets
There was a multiplayer HL1 mod called The Trenches or something. It was actually pretty good, had some promise. Never went anywhere though.

10-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

Wanna here peoples opinion on the game, might buy it down the road. I like how you can choose your faction from over like 20, and each faction has different weapons etc.

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
WWII shooters were beaten into the ground a few years back

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Everlasting

Looked at a video, i swear, i couldnt tell the diffrence between that and COD if there was a picture of both games next to each other. Looked exactly the same. Weapon, red dot sight, graphics, micheal bayish and a chooper + rpg (Where i have seen that before...)
I used to love MOH back in the ps1 days but now... nah. It looks like a recycled ver of COD. I dont know when MOH started to look that way, if they were first or so but this entire concept has become boring.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:31 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 50
For anyone who has played, what did they call the enemy in this game, Taliban or "The Bad Guys" ( they called them that alot in the first game ) which imo was very stupid

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:58 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Wanna here peoples opinion on the game, might buy it down the road. I like how you can choose your faction from over like 20, and each faction has different weapons etc.
It's pretty mediocre. Every BF3 streamer/youtuber I watch has had very 'meh' reactions to it and that was at 50% off. I'd tell you more about the singleplayer but it tends to crash a lot. It's a pretty bad PC port. The art assets like the guns are great but the combat is so amazingly clunky and poor, the sounds are awful. I'm surprised that a company under the same roof as DICE can make such appallingly bad gunplay. Then again, it IS EA. For those that don't know, MoH is supposed to be a cheaply made stopgap title between Battlefield releases. It sure fits the part.

Medal of Mediocre: Meh Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
For anyone who has played, what did they call the enemy in this game, Taliban or "The Bad Guys" ( they called them that alot in the first game ) which imo was very stupid
This one isn't exclusively set in Afghanistan. All the bad guys have clearly arabic names but there's no mention of the Taliban so far.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:08 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

From watching others play it, I would say it's not worth the $60. Graphics are average at best. Gameplay is similar to any other FPS. Nothing ground breaking. If you have other FPS games, just stick with those. Wait for a price and save your mula.

McSkittlez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Only 5 reviews so far listed at Metacritic but it's not looking very favorable: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Mike Emrick

People in BF3 servers keep asking the public chat if they got it

And no one really shows any interest

And the BF3 servers are still stacked and popular

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Only 5 reviews so far listed at Metacritic but it's not looking very favorable: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews
1.) No reviews were allowed prior to sale, always a bad sign. Also ethically wrong.
2.) No PC demo or beta, only Xbox360
3.) 50% off for BF3 premium users, before it even officially launched

EA is desperate to make this work and for it to have a good showing. But the game is trash. It really is. And that's such a damn shame. The writing, the story and the locations are all excellent. It's very obvious that they had real operators consult on this game, and the mission all revolve around things that actually happened.

But the game lets everyone down, and fast. The AI is the worst shooter AI I have ever seen. It's very CoD-esque; they pop out at predetermined intervals, always in the same fashion. Your teammates, despite being some of the best operators in the world, spray and pray. They never kill any enemies. You can watch them **** around 4v1 and not kill the guy. It's absolutely pathetic. They should have straight ported the BF3 AI. I don't get where this notion of the player having to do all the killing comes from. The missions where you do coordinated takedowns were the most exhilarating.

But the AI is constantly there, punching you in the face with how terrible it is. They run sideways faster than Usain Bolt, with 100% accuracy while they are moving. They are so jerky and poorly programmed that it completely takes away from the gameplay. The gunplay isn't great to begin with, being rather clunky and not that rewarding. It's realistic, but in a bad way. I'm not sure what they were shooting for, no pun intended. The ART assets, like the guns and uniforms, are incredible. Absolutely the best I've ever seen in a shooter. The cutscenes are similar to the BF3 interrogation scenes, and they are also incredible. If that's where graphics are headed, I'm excited. Then again, the maps are average (it's a very bad console port, looks like DX9 and low res textures) and it's very linear. For hockey fans, there's actually a pretty cool fight in a derelict Bosnian hockey arena.

The first game had a good campaign. I thought it was underrated. This one does too, but the technical aspects undercut it. This is meant to be a cheap stop gap between Battlefield titles and it plays the part. Hopefully, having MoH will let Battlefield stop trying to compete with CoD directly. I have nothing against the Danger Close guys, but they are clearly out of their depth here. The title seems rushed. Could have used a few more missions and a lot more polish. Would it have killed them to release it for the holidays? Anyone know when EA's next earnings call is? That might explain it.

It's a decent pickup @10 or $20, depending on how into the whole tier 1 operator thing you are. But this game will have zero staying power.

4/10

Edit: Their Q3 earnings call is the 30th. Guess we know why it had to come out when it did.

Last edited by XX: 10-25-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/91...#ixzz2AJRGQhqy

Guarantee that this game will be forgotten by the time Black Ops 2 comes out

Old
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Frankie Spankie

You know what's sad? Is regardless of how good/bad this game is, it'll be forgotten soon just because of the name. I played through the first Medal of Honor remake (the last one to come out before this one) and while I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was anything great. The thing is, it's basically on par with all the other modern warfare shooters out there. It felt fine, looked nice, etc. I didn't find it that much fun because I want my shooters either very realistic and tactical or not realistic at all and really fast paced. I'm not a big fan of the in between stuff. The problem is if you took out the menus and HUD, like take this in hardcore mode and CoD in hardcore mode, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two by visuals or the way the game feels. However, CoD will still sell truck loads and MoH will probably end up in the bargain bin in a couple months. I'll never understand how a lot of gamers' logic works.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
You know what's sad? Is regardless of how good/bad this game is, it'll be forgotten soon just because of the name. I played through the first Medal of Honor remake (the last one to come out before this one) and while I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was anything great. The thing is, it's basically on par with all the other modern warfare shooters out there. It felt fine, looked nice, etc. I didn't find it that much fun because I want my shooters either very realistic and tactical or not realistic at all and really fast paced. I'm not a big fan of the in between stuff. The problem is if you took out the menus and HUD, like take this in hardcore mode and CoD in hardcore mode, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two by visuals or the way the game feels. However, CoD will still sell truck loads and MoH will probably end up in the bargain bin in a couple months. I'll never understand how a lot of gamers' logic works.
Opinion. Everyone has one, CoD must be doing something right, as it still sells boatloads. And yes I am one of those buyers that buy it every year.

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
Opinion. Everyone has one, CoD must be doing something right, as it still sells boatloads. And yes I am one of those buyers that buy it every year.
ur not the only one!

Old
10-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Justin Bieber sells millions of albums. People love Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore. The Real Housewives of any of those ****ing cities.

Just because you're popular doesn't mean you're good.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote