HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM
  #226
od71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
I'm glad if I'm wrong about Hitch. I have never stated that he is a bad coach. Simply I was wondering about style that his teams play. I have never stated that "Hitch doesn't like Russians". Where did you take it from?
Imagine, if Malkin, Giroux or Stamkos had played in Hitch's Columbus, would they have been able to put up the same numbers?
And I'm pretty sure that Nash would have scored more had he played in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
Yes, I cannot say that I'm very familiar with the Blues. But now I think I'll have to follow the Blues more closely.


Last edited by od71: 10-23-2012 at 10:59 PM.
od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM
  #227
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
I'm glad if I'm wrong about Hitch. I have never stated that he is a bad coach. Simply I was wondering about style that his teams play. I have never stated that "Hitch doesn't like Russians". Where did you take it from?
Imagine, if Malkin, Giroux or Stamkos had played in Hitch's Columbus, would they have been able to put up the same numbers?
And I'm pretty sure that Nash would have scored more had he played in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
Yes, I cannot say that I'm very familiar with the Blues. But now I think I'll have to follow the Blues more closely.
Individual forwards putting up great individual scoring numbers isn't always preferable to their individual +/- stats or team +/- stats or team wins/losses. It's a team game. Brett Hull's lower scoring stats at Dallas during their Stanley Cup Championship season may have been preferable to his higher scoring stats had he instead played that year the way he had played previously, with The Blues.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:22 AM
  #228
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Individual forwards putting up great individual scoring numbers isn't always preferable to their individual +/- stats or team +/- stats or team wins/losses. It's a team game. Brett Hull's lower scoring stats at Dallas during their Stanley Cup Championship season may have been preferable to his higher scoring stats had he instead played that year the way he had played previously, with The Blues.
Yeah, but the problem is when you sign your new big money contract, those moneybags look at your statistics first...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:17 AM
  #229
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
1 assist for Tarasenko so far against Lokomotiv

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
  #230
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
I'm glad if I'm wrong about Hitch. I have never stated that he is a bad coach. Simply I was wondering about style that his teams play. I have never stated that "Hitch doesn't like Russians". Where did you take it from?
Imagine, if Malkin, Giroux or Stamkos had played in Hitch's Columbus, would they have been able to put up the same numbers?
And I'm pretty sure that Nash would have scored more had he played in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
Yes, I cannot say that I'm very familiar with the Blues. But now I think I'll have to follow the Blues more closely.
No, because their supporting cast would not have been nearly as strong as it is on their current team.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #231
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
1 assist for Tarasenko so far against Lokomotiv
Tarasenko scores in every single game this season. It makes 9 in a raw. And you can add 4 in a raw from postseason, so it's 13 in a raw and a new SKA's record of all time.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 05:07 AM
  #232
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Tarasenko scores in every single game this season. It makes 9 in a raw. And you can add 4 in a raw from postseason, so it's 13 in a raw and a new SKA's record of all time.
We may have ourselves a Russian version of Brett Hull.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:53 PM
  #233
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
We may have ourselves a Russian version of Brett Hull.
Tarasenko may not be as good a natural scorer as Hull. But I'm beting on him being a better all-around player and leader than Hull. I'm hoping he'll eventually replace Hull as the player icon of The Blues.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
  #234
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Tarasenko may not be as good a natural scorer as Hull. But I'm beting on him being a better all-around player and leader than Hull. I'm hoping he'll eventually replace Hull as the player icon of The Blues.
Unless he's derailed by injuries, I think Pietrangelo has what it takes to be a legend for the Blues.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:59 PM
  #235
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 1691
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Unless he's derailed by injuries, I think Pietrangelo has what it takes to be a legend for the Blues.
Or possibly both of them and would be the new Hull/MacInnis

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
  #236
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Or possibly both of them and would be the new Hull/MacInnis
History does have a knack for repeating itself...at least we hope

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM
  #237
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,572
vCash: 500
Pietrangelo is undoubtedly the heart of this team, there are maybe 12 players in the League that you can compare to his talent level. Tarasenko will hopefully come close to that talent level, but I think it is safe to assume he'll be getting a lot more headlines in the short term.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
  #238
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Unless he's derailed by injuries, I think Pietrangelo has what it takes to be a legend for the Blues.
Yes! BOTH he AND Tarasenko should become Blues icons.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
  #239
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
They could lead us to the promised land.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:29 AM
  #240
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
They could lead us to the promised land.
For a Blues fan....that is what? Past two rounds in the playoffs?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:34 AM
  #241
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,572
vCash: 500
Tarasenko keeps his point streak going with a goal in the first period.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
  #242
aceoutdoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Just scored in the first. His wrist shot is unbelievable.

aceoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:45 AM
  #243
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,908
vCash: 1598
Any links to a stream?

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
  #244
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17,427
vCash: 50
His immediate impact could be just like Pietrangelo's in his rookie season. Both of them had the talent to play in the NHL earlier, but wanted to make sure they were completely ready to make an impact. The NHL and NHLPA need to get their **** together because, McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko will light the scoreboard up. I could only imagine what they'd be able to play a full 82 season together.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
  #245
ManyIdeas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 1152
I'm super sad that there are never streams on weekends for ska

I really want to watch tarasenko in a complete game situation

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
  #246
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual
 
Multimoodia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko will light the scoreboard up. I could only imagine what they'd be able to play a full 82 season together.
That would require a rather active imagination, yes.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:05 PM
  #247
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
I'm super sad that there are never streams on weekends for ska

I really want to watch tarasenko in a complete game situation
MSG will air SKA - Dinamo Riga on October, 31st.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:15 PM
  #248
Yosemite Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 1050
Highlights from today. Tarasenko`s goal at the 27-second mark.


Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  #249
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,572
vCash: 500
I only really seen the second and half of the third today, and it wasn't pretty from the SKA point of view. Tarasenko was up on their main PP unit for the game, but they never really got anything at all going (from the second onwards at least).

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
  #250
oPlaiD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
History does have a knack for repeating itself...at least we hope
Maybe YOU hope, but I'd rather win a Stanley Cup, personally...

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.