HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIII - The "No, you go first" edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Richer's Ghost
Pickle Pops?

vCash: 425
Kenny doing P90x? Looks like he's losing quite a bit of weight.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Kenny doing P90x? Looks like he's losing quite a bit of weight.
That was the first thing I noticed - he said on one of those 'Its The Devils Hockey Show' segments that he had recently gotten back onto the workout regime and its clearly been working

Old
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
LOL at Eklund calling out the hockey insider. Hockey insider seems like a joke account. Eklund is actually supposed to be a legit journalist, and reports stuff just as WRONG!
Oh you don't know? DownGoesAvery and a few folks here pretended to be sources with contacts in the organization saying we had interest in Bobby Ryan. Next day, Insider was reporting it hahahahahahaha

Old
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

http://www.***********/r/IAmA/comment...ut_the_lockout

I don't normally go on ****** (I found this on twitter), but it's a pretty good read.

Quote:
]NYRangers29 9 pontos 1 dia atrás
For those who don't understand all of the terms of the proposals, what is unfair about the NHLPA's latest offer (#3) with a 50/50 split if current contracts are honored?
What was the reasoning for declining a meeting today? Even if no offer was to be made, what could be lost by just talking? Was leaking the request just a PR stunt from the players? Thanks for doing this

[–]IAMAnhlexec[S] 7 pontos 1 dia atrás
1.The players are sticking on 3 principles. A) Contract fulfillment (and I'll answer that in a bit, but it's a HUGE sticking point). B) Definition of revenue, and C) Intangibles
I'm sorry to be cryptic, I just sent proof to the Mods, so I have some catching up to do, but believe me, I want to answer that question.
I will be totally honest, I'm only up to date about what's happened since Tuesday. I have a theory.

[–]kmad 39 pontos 22 horas atrás
C) Intangibles
Toews is the one holding everything up???

Quote:
IAMAnhlexec[S] 13 pontos 1 dia atrás
The KHL and the NHL have an agreement, the SECOND that we have an agreement, anyone under NHL contract is obligated to play here. Ovie, and Kostytsin (sp?), either play here or sit out the length of their contract before they can play in the KHL.
Interdasting. He also goes into extensive detail as to why the players can't have more money than the teams:

Quote:
That's an easy one, do you have ANY idea of the expenses involved with a professional team? I personally think 1/2 of all hockey-related revenue is generous. Let's do the math: Bond payments, parking rights, police presence, outside security....and that's just outside the building. Inside: Security, ushers, ticket-takers, concession-workers, game-time staff. Then we get into FULL-time staff. The ticket reps, the suite reps, the sponsorship sales, the marketing department. Do you want a good General Manager? I haven't even hit Hockey Ops yet, you're looking at over 1 million for a good GM, and around 200k for an assistant GM. Scouts need to get paid, they just aren't in North America, we need European Scouts as well. Now we're getting to the incidentals, the players need 41 chartered flights/season, and usually around 20 hotel rooms in a 4 star hotel. again, 41 times/year. That **** adds up.

Last edited by Ilkka Pikachu: 10-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

I incessantly go on ******.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

If nobody wants to sift through the thread, here's the table with q's and a's

I was really shocked to see this:

Quote:
2) I can answer that, Mike Ilitch has a LOT of power on the Board of Governors, 2nd only to Jacobs. The Wings, perennially, have the longest distance traveling schedule, The NHLPA will keep the realignment chip until it suits them to give it up.
First time I've heard of this in a long time.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I think we can be confident that the guy did that AMA on ****** doesn't work for the Devils.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Hole-eee ****. I had no idea that tabled ********* existed. I owe you bigtime.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Oh you don't know? DownGoesAvery and a few folks here pretended to be sources with contacts in the organization saying we had interest in Bobby Ryan. Next day, Insider was reporting it hahahahahahaha
Haha insider also implied we were one of the teams in on Bouwmeester. Sometime this Summer. Said something like '' X team, and X team are still in on Bouwmeester. X team, X team, Devils, and X team not willing to give Calgary what they want''

Also said we were signing Sykora, but waiting for the new CBA. This was in August I think. Sykie in his interview with TG said he hasn't been offered a contract by the Devils yet.

Insider also said we're waiting to see how Zajac performs after coming off injury before extending him. Right now though They're working on an extension for Henrique.

Why would Henrique by a priority over Zajac? Zajac is a UFA, Henrique will be an RFA.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
apice3*

Hockeybuzz/Eklund makes semi-educated proposals and calls them rumors. Really they're based on nothing but his imagination. How that website generates hits is beyond me.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Hockeybuzz/Eklund makes semi-educated proposals and calls them rumors. Really they're based on nothing but his imagination. How that website generates hits is beyond me.
Well me I like to read everything. BS or not. As far as this guy goes he's been saying a deal's done this week. WRONG! Training camps would start on time, but the CBA would be negotiating as we go along. WRONG! This was a week before the last CBA expired too. So many other things. We were in on Semin too. Won't completely rule it out, but we weren't interested enough to give him a one year contract obviously.

Didn't he say we were in on Dan Ellis as our goaltender on July 1st when Marty, and Moose were on the market? Just forget the fact he isn't credible. How the main board can stick up for him I don't know.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Well me I like to read everything. BS or not. As far as this guy goes he's been saying a deal's done this week. WRONG! Training camps would start on time, but the CBA would be negotiating as we go along. WRONG! This was a week before the last CBA expired too. So many other things. We were in on Semin too. Won't completely rule it out, but we weren't interested enough to give him a one year contract obviously.

Didn't he say we were in on Dan Ellis as our goaltender on July 1st when Marty, and Moose were on the market? Just forget the fact he isn't credible. How the main board can stick up for him I don't know.
One time I started a Drury to NJ rumor as a joke which kind of took on a brief life of it's own as many of us mocked Ranger fans. Within hours, it was on Hockeybuzz.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
One time I started a Drury to NJ rumor as a joke which kind of took on a brief life of it's own as many of us mocked Ranger fans. Within hours, it was on Hockeybuzz.
You're a magnet for Eklund aren't you?

Not as funny as your rumor, but on here I started the ''Let's use Tallinder, Tedenby, and 2nd for a quality top 6 forward'' After a couple days or maybe even less random twitter people who have Devils blogs were using this exact proposal for everything. Some were mocking it, and being sarcastic, but other weren't haha.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:12 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Sooo......is the Lockout over?

BTW, why can't Bettman retire like David Stern?

Old
10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

i was hoping this was an ****** free zone. the mention of that name should be asterixed out by HF

Old
10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Watched highlights of our game SCF 5 win for the first time since the game. Marty's best playoff game since 2003 hands down. We really shouldn't have won that game. From what I remember game 4 was another one too. That would have been a shutout if not for that BS officiating.

Volchenkov is the one who caused that breakaway in game 5. Think it was Stoll? Gionta tried to poke it away.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:

We might have been stuck with Dan Ellis if Marty or Moose had left lol.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
We might have been stuck with Dan Ellis if Marty or Moose had left lol.
Yeah Maybe even worse. Alex Auld, Ty Conklin, Brent Johnson. Anybody who wasn't signed on July 1st that you could possibly think of. Auld went overseas, and the other guys are unsigned still. Ellis unsigned still? I think anyone but Roloson pretty much who is or was still left on July 2nd. In the Spring my biggest worry was signing Vokoun or Clemmensen over Moose as backup. Think of a Conklin/Auld tandem

Old
10-25-2012, 07:51 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Yeah Maybe even worse. Alex Auld, Ty Conklin, Brent Johnson. Anybody who wasn't signed on July 1st that you could possibly think of. Auld went overseas, and the other guys are unsigned still. Ellis unsigned still? I think anyone but Roloson pretty much who is or was still left on July 2nd. In the Spring my biggest worry was signing Vokoun or Clemmensen over Moose as backup. Think of a Conklin/Auld tandem
i would rather a senile/drunk chico play all 82 games..... oh wait, its oct 25th

Old
10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i would rather a senile/drunk chico play all 82 games..... oh wait, its oct 25th
How about Chico, and Smith. We could have like a 130 year old tandem haha!

Old
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post

i was hoping this was an ****** free zone. the mention of that name should be asterixed out by HF
What name is that?

Old
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
I incessantly go on ******.
it's far too addicting.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:44 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Interesting perspective and some eyeopening numbers
http://m.torontosun.com/2012/10/25/d...nse-in-the-nhl

Old
10-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Interesting perspective and some eyeopening numbers
http://m.torontosun.com/2012/10/25/d...nse-in-the-nhl
More than anything, this reminded me that the leafs have some really, really **** contracts.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Because people like sports rumours, no matter how insane they sound, or how invalid and made up they are.

Eklund doesn't have many talents, but writing to sensationalise is one of them. He knows just how to write and report his made up rumours to generate hits.

Closed Thread