HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 11:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
I watched the Drummondville games against Halifax and Quebec and also thought that Archambault looked good, especially against Halifax. The Quebec game was a bit tougher, seemed to be forcing plays and hogging the puck too much.

He definitely has impressive skills, especially his hands, and seems to be going more into traffic areas to make things happen. His vision is also impressive. He really needs to bulk up though - he doesn't have the speed to be able to make it on skill alone. Too easy for him to get muscled around at the next level. He still has a ways to go, hopefully he can keep it up throughout the year.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:02 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
Wow. After watching the Lhjmq game between the Volts and the Remparts, i must say i was very impressed with Archambault. What a change since the last season !

The two times i got to see him play was against two good teams, Armada and Remparts, and in each of the games, in my opinion, he clearly showed he was a player with a very unique set of skills.

We all knew he was talented, if only by the fact that he was picked first overall in the Lhjmq draft. However, last season, i thought he was lacking strength, stamina and overall hockey intelligence. He wasn't Bad, but not the player i thought/hoped he was going to be. And, to be honest, i didn't think he had it in him to become more.

But from the few games i had the chance to watch this season, i think he's finally blossoming. Most of his bad habits are gone. I thought he was one of the most combative player on the ice, always trying hard to get back the puck from the other team. The only (BIG) flaw in is game is that damn puck-hugging habit he has. If he corrects this rare flaw in his game (and many others that will become more obvious the more he plays in superior leagues) , i think we're in for yet another good prospect in our bank.

Honestly, I've rarely seen a player that creative in his movement at this level. In fact, bare the fact that he loses some pucks because he doesn't always pass, i think he's one of the most fun (not the best : Fun) players to watch in the Q !

Did anyone else got the chance to watch him play ? What do guys think of him so far ?
Same as you but I'm far less optimistic about him. I still think he lacks the hockey sense. Like Filatov. I admit I hated the pick at the time (still do). His attitude off and on the ice is still ****.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Same as you but I'm far less optimistic about him. I still think he lacks the hockey sense. Like Filatov. I admit I hated the pick at the time (still do). His attitude off and on the ice is still ****.
I know what you mean and yes he does have quite a few things to work on if he wants to play in the NHL. Like you say, he complicates his plays too much. And, like Hototogisu said, he will have strength issues at next levels. As for the attitude, i couldn't say as i never saw him in person, even less talked to him.

I just wanted to point out the surprising leap in terms of willingness to compete and intensity that suddenly made me change my point of view. I thought of him as a prospect with some skills but that was far from developing his potential. In fact, I was very much convinced he was done last year. Now, after the games i just saw, i have regained some faith in his potential

All in all, I just find that his curve of development, far from stalling, is getting very interesting. Where he might end up is an entirely different question. I'm just happy he might not be just another complete bust !

Old
10-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Does he have a blood connection?
No idea but he does have Swiss citizenship from what so I assume yes. He's committed to playing for France though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stawks View Post
Watching the livestream of Pribyl's team cause I wanted to get a chance to see how he's progressed especially with his production so far...

He was being used on the PK when I first tuned in, which surprised me. He seemed to be doing his job, but his lack of foot speed is really, really evident. He reminds me a lot of Jozef Stumpel... which isn't really a good thing.

Anyway what struck me the most was holy **** Petr Nedved is playing for the other team and being easily the best player on the ice. Weird world. Guy's 40.
Well...Stumpel was a productive player for quite a while, if we got that out of a 6th round pick it would be hard to complain.

But the main reason I want Pribyl out of the Czech Republic if I think there's better opportunities to work on his speed elsewhere.

Last edited by Et le But: 10-24-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I watched the Drummondville games against Halifax and Quebec and also thought that Archambault looked good, especially against Halifax. The Quebec game was a bit tougher, seemed to be forcing plays and hogging the puck too much.

He definitely has impressive skills, especially his hands, and seems to be going more into traffic areas to make things happen. His vision is also impressive. He really needs to bulk up though - he doesn't have the speed to be able to make it on skill alone. Too easy for him to get muscled around at the next level. He still has a ways to go, hopefully he can keep it up throughout the year.
he still hold on the puck WAY too long, i wouldn't want to be one of his linemates. Saw him hold on the puck for 30+secs in the offensive zone in a recent game in Boisbriand and he had opportunity to pass it many times. He's much better in the defensive zone that he was last year i will give him that wich is a good sign if he wants to be a pro hockey player. Still, he need to use his linemates better.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Archamault scored again tonight and was -1. He was very implicated for Drummondville and was not far from the play most of the night.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:01 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I watched some of the Volts game last night, Archamault scored a nice tip in goal late in the 2nd but I turned it off after that.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
WSH 1st rder Tom Wilson of Plymouth out 2-3 weeks with fractured knuckle(s). MTL prospect Charles Hudon of Chicoutimi out with concussion.

Concussion confirmed... his second I think? Not good

Old
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Et le But

Not good at all, at this point if Hudon keeps it up he's going to be a target.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
WSH 1st rder Tom Wilson of Plymouth out 2-3 weeks with fractured knuckle(s). MTL prospect Charles Hudon of Chicoutimi out with concussion.

Concussion confirmed... his second I think? Not good
wasn't it confirmed like a week ago? Last I heard he would be back on skates late this week.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:49 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
wasn't it confirmed like a week ago? Last I heard he would be back on skates late this week.
I heard that also within the week he could be back,wishful thinking perhaps?

Old
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
He tweeted on Tuesday he'd return to the ice yesterday: https://twitter.com/KidHud_10/status/260916283867004928

Old
10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He tweeted on Tuesday he'd return to the ice yesterday: https://twitter.com/KidHud_10/status/260916283867004928
Nice to know thanks Marc the Habs Fan.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Madevilz

Question: Is Bozon's stats inflated by Smith and Lipon's play? Or is Bozon also a big part of his linesmate success.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Question: Is Bozon's stats inflated by Smith and Lipon's play? Or is Bozon also a big part of his linesmate success.
Well considering Lipons 19 and still undrafted and Smith went in the 7th round last year (size issues), and bozon putting up 36 goals and 71 points in his FIRST year in the WHL, while lipon and smith have been there for 4 years + each

if you go by the stats (which again, i hate doing), but it would seem these 2 guys didnt really start putting up mass points till Bozon GOT there..

Bozon is what you call a finisher, would love to see him on galchenyuks wing one day

lipon is having an unbeleivable start to the season, but theres gotta be some reason he was not drafted while teams definately took looks at him since the other 2 on the line were drafted

but to answer the question definitivly, one would have to say that yes, bozon is more than a big part of his linemates success

Old
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Protest the Hero

Is Lipon a free agent or does he re-enter the draft in 2013?

Old
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Is Lipon a free agent or does he re-enter the draft in 2013?
He still eligible for 2013, and the previous period to sign him is well passed, so draft or sign him after the draft this summer. (that is obviously under the old CBA)

Habs Prospects website
Old
10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Saw Gally got 3, how'd Vail do ?

Old
10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Bozon is a complimentary player. He cannot lead a team's offense, IMO. However, from what I've seen, he's a great complimentary player. You need to put him with good players, but he can keep up with great players. As someone else said, he's a finisher. He needs a set up man. He just happens to be very easy to set up, and very good at finishing what opportunities he gets.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:48 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Saw Gally got 3, how'd Vail do ?
Very solid. He got tasked with shutting down Boucher-Sarault-Galchenyuk, but Galchenyuk just took over. Vail is one awesome shut down forward, but he couldn't shut him down.

He also must have intercepted the puck 10 times. He's always seems to be in the right place at the right time. A very smart player.

Quote:
To me, it's pretty evident who the best player is on that line. JC Lipon. Colin Smith and Tim Bozon are close though. From what I've seen Smith has been a little bit lucky with the puck, but he's still been great. Bozon is a complimentary player, so you want him to play with guys like that. He's a finisher and he does that better than most. He finishes most of chances. Very rarely do you see him create, so it's something I'd like to see him add to his arsenal of already dangerous offensive attributes.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Im a fan of Smith as well. Guy has a unique vision of the game and has a certain offensive flair. Bozon = Michael Ryder but a better skater and probably a less heavy wrist shot, although their releases are comparable.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:26 AM
ikelechien

I don't know if this has been posted before but there is am inyerview with Mike Cichy posted on ThePipelineShow.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:10 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before but there is am inyerview with Mike Cichy posted on ThePipelineShow.
His last season out of the USHL was very impressive indeed,Mike certainly possesses offensive talent and scoring abilities,winning MVP a couple of times in playoffs and at WJC's.I haven't given up on him,he's playing well enough at Western Michigan to catch the attention of Habs Director of Player Development Martin Lapointe.Go Mike Go!

Old
10-26-2012, 09:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Did a little preview of the NCAA prospects.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=188

Looking forward to watching both North Dakota games this weekend, waiting to hear back if Walsh will play in the season opening tournament that starts at 4 pm today.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

I really like the progression he had though. Watching him this year and last year is very different. Much more implicated.

Closed Thread