HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gally held pointless in two of 13 games so far this season on a terrible club. Good stuff. Definitely not worried about this kid.
If Vail gets a points tonight, he'd only have been held pointless in two of 14 games this season. Needs more talk. ;D

Old
10-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If Vail gets a points tonight, he'd only have been held pointless in two of 14 games this season. Needs more talk. ;D
You are right. All the flack people have been giving Gally about his production has caused me in particular to focus on Gally in order to shut up his detractors.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
The Hockey News ‏@TheHockeyNews
Have a question for Canadiens prospect Alex Galchenyuk? Tweet it to us & we'll take the best submissions to Alex himself for a video Q&A!

Pat Hickey is also in Sarnia tonight, so there'll be more Gally media coverage.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
17 points in 13 games for Gally! Looking good. I'm telling you guys, don't worry about Galchenyuk.
People should try to learn that while having high point totals strongly correlates with being a better player, more points doesn't correspond exactly with being the better player. This goes triple for short periods of time.

I'm very much a numbers guy, which leads me to be ticked off when people use numbers poorly.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
That

Second time Gally missed the empty net lol. Boucher has missed it twice too.

Gally gets it! Finally! On a 2 on 0.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Andy

Gally passes it and they miss an empty net lol.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Andy

lmao! hilarious.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
3 point night.

Tied for 8th in OHL scoring.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Andy

18 points in 13 games. Almost 1.4 ppg. That should shut up boxscore lovers for a while.

Old
x74Pacioretty74x

Gally finishes game with 2G, 1A...Spectacular showing from him tonight. Really dominated the game. VERY impressed with him tonight.

Old
poetryinmotion

Well deserved empty netter.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
3 point night.

Tied for 8th in OHL scoring.
Only 3 pts away from the lead!!

Old
10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Gally finishes game with 2G, 1A...Spectacular showing from him tonight. Really dominated the game. VERY impressed with him tonight.
Did he play wing all night?

Old
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
LeHabsMan

I didnt see the game, did he dominate tonight? And was he wing the whole game?

Old
10-25-2012, 08:35 PM
That

5-2 win for Sarnia. Galchenyuk finished with 2 goals and an assist. Vail was held pointless.

Galchenyuk's best performance this season. If that wasn't dominating a game, then I don't know what is. Hopefully this shuts up some of this fanbase and most of the Leafs fan base who compare Gally to everyone of their prospects . He played right wing tonight, which is his second time playing his off wing. He came out flying, literally, he blew past defenders. He had a beauty pass, but was missed by Boucher. He had a few chances in the first period, and was engaged in some scrums. At the end he had an absolutely filthy move around the defender, just not fair. In the second Galchenyuk came out flying on the PP. He created a ton of chances, and even set up Murphy who banged it off the post. He also some how missed an open net. He had two interceptions as well. His first goal came after Ebert hauled him down, and he got the penalty shot. Galchenyuk buried it with a nice move. In the third he a beauty assist. He picked up the puck and just blew down the wing and made a nice pass to Basso. Pavelka had no chance. On the PK he had a good clear, and won most of his puck battles. He showed some hands too, but ended up getting laid out. It's the first time I've seen him knocked off his skates this year. His 2 second goal came off of a rather hilarious sequence. Boucher missed the open net after Gally passed it to him. Then Gally missed the open net from the blue line. Boucher missed again. Puck comes down the ice, Galchenyuk takes it and misses from the blue line again, and finally Sarault and Gally get a 2 on 0 and Galchenyuk buries it.

Overall, this was his best performance. He dominated. Clearly the best player on the ice. He was flying out there and looked great without the puck. Despite playing on the wing he was very good defensively. I love how he just has the skate by someone and he gets the puck. Anyways, he was dominant. That's all I have to say.

Penalty Shot:

Brady Vail was very solid. He didn't pick up any points, but he did a great job today. He showed some great speed in the first speed. He played an entire 2 minutes PP and played on point, half wall, behind the net, and in front of the net. He got chances from every place too. He also nailed the post once. In the second I noticed how the Sting were trying to deke around him instead of beating him with speed. He wasn't having any of that. He didn't get deked around once. In the third he was much quiet, just like the rest of the Spitfires.

Overall, I though he was pretty good. He was tasked with shutting down Galchenyuk and it was pretty clear that Gally wasn't being contained tonight. He was an interception machine tonight. He must have intercepted 10 passes.

-Nikandrov had a particularly strong game. He was good on both sides of the puck and showed some good hands
-Bryan Moore was awesome tonight. He picked up his first career OHL goal. A very good game and we'll be seeing his name in the "G" column a lot more.
-Boucher has all the tools that it takes the be an NHLer. He's got the good hands, speed, hockey sense, but there's one thing that could hold him back. Finishing. He has a weak shot and he just can't but the puck in the back of the net. He needs to improve that aspect.
-Sharks prospect JP Anderson was great tonight. He looked great in the first especially.
-The 1996 trio of Addesi, Hargrave, and Renaud were awesome tonight. They created a ton of chances and played with great energy.
-Kerby Rychel needs to pick up his play. Desperately. He was constantly shooting. He lost the puck a ton of times and couldn't seem to connect a single pass.
-Jordan Maletta was great tonight, game out flying and was rewarded with a goal for his efforts.
-Chris Marchese was very solid. I was extremely impressed with his game. He's put out a consistent effort all season, so hopefully the points start coming in.
-What an improvement for Josh Ho-Sang. His passing has gotten much better and he's not getting too fancy. He has a tendency to do too many moves, but tonight he kept the dangles short and sweet.

Last edited by That: 10-26-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: underlined dominate for obvious reasons
Old
10-25-2012, 08:38 PM
hockeyman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Did he play wing all night?
Yeah he did. But he had a fair amount of draws, and from what I saw he didn't lose one. He had a really strong game tonight, he was skating miles and it's very evident he's head and shoulders above the rest. To everyone who's been saying dominate this, dominate that... it's time to hush up and let the kid play, and just watch what's he going to do. He's a special player.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
Yeah he did. But he had a fair amount of draws, and from what I saw he didn't lose one. He had a really strong game tonight, he was skating miles and it's very evident he's head and shoulders above the rest. To everyone who's been saying dominate this, dominate that... it's time to hush up and let the kid play, and just watch what's he going to do. He's a special player.
I don't see why fans wanting to see gally dominate the score sheet is a bad thing... I wanted to see gally produce offensively and that's what he did! That's what all hab fans want to see! Its not like i'm not rooting for him.

Gally should dominate games offensively and that's what he did today! Awesome!

Old
10-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Andy

I think we should all show That our appreciation for literally giving us an analysis of Galchenyuk's play every game he's played in so far. Good stuff man. If I were you, I'd save all the posts in a word document to see the progression throughout the season.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I think we should all show That our appreciation for literally giving us an analysis of Galchenyuk's play every game he's played in so far. Good stuff man. If I were you, I'd save all the posts in a word document to see the progression throughout the season.
That should change his username to "He's all that". I appreciate every single of his posts so far. And you're totally right, he deserves our acknowledgment.

Thanks That.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Teamwork

Thanks a lot that!

Old
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM
hockeyman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I don't see why fans wanting to see gally dominate the score sheet is a bad thing... I wanted to see gally produce offensively and that's what he did! That's what all hab fans want to see! Its not like i'm not rooting for him.

You took that personal.. that wasn't directed to you. Galchenyuk will be fine, no need to worry sir.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That should change his username to "He's all that". I appreciate every single of his posts so far. And you're totally right, he deserves our acknowledgment.

Thanks That.
That's awesome.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Thanks That.
I'll second "that"

Old
10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

Nothing wrong with hoping or cheering. In fact, that's you're responsibility
as a fan.
But dominating games is different than dominating score-sheets. It was
probably an oversight, but you seemed to use them interchangeably. Also, once
you include the word "should", it's no longer wanting, it's expecting.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Bucs kicking asss!!!!!

Closed Thread