HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Xbox 360 - Be a GM NHL 13 Sim League - Thread #4 - OPEN SPOTS LOOKING FOR GMS!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
  #1
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,672
vCash: 50
Continue discussions here.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
  #2
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
MAK if it gets vetoed you can tweak it and try again. You dont have to quit over something so little.

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
  #3
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
MAK if it gets vetoed you can tweak it and try again. You dont have to quit over something so little.
Whatever I do you're not gonna think it's fair.

I want a quantity for quality trade because I have too many bodies. I can't afford them all.

very few trades are fair. There is often a winner and a loser. If this was a human and a human, you wouldn't give this a 2nd thought

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #4
Deku Scrub
____________________
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,852
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Whatever I do you're not gonna think it's fair.

I want a quantity for quality trade because I have too many bodies. I can't afford them all.
If you have too many bodies you don't have to give them to the CPU for better players. You could offer those guys to human GMs for picks or give them to the CPU for picks...

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #5
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,098
vCash: 50
Idk why Kostitsyn regressed 3 overall. If he didnt, I wouldve said yes. Also, it seems like Brassard is mega overrated. 87 overall? Wtf...now if this was a real life trade it wouldve been even. Irl Kostitsyn is a physical 25 goal scorer.

Those two 70 something overalls have 3.5 potential right? If Mak adds a 2nd Im good with it. Kostitsyn should rebound a little back to a 2nd liner.

derriko is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
  #6
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
If you have too many bodies you don't have to give them to the CPU for better players. You could offer those guys to human GMs for picks or give them to the CPU for picks...
I've been trying. No one is interested.

Mitchell, Hickey, Martinez, Backes, Kostitsyn, Willams, Legwand, O'Reilly, Niemi.... these guys are available and it's been posted many times

I've been PMing guys who seem to have holes at these positions and no interest

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  #7
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,672
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Idk why Kostitsyn regressed 3 overall. If he didnt, I wouldve said yes. Also, it seems like Brassard is mega overrated. 87 overall? Wtf...now if this was a real life trade it wouldve been even. Irl Kostitsyn is a physical 25 goal scorer.

Those two 70 something overalls have 3.5 potential right? If Mak adds a 2nd Im good with it. Kostitsyn should rebound a little back to a 2nd liner.
I would agree. I was undecided because it's close in value, but this game and real life is absolutely different. I think a 2nd added would even things up for me.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  #8
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Whatever I do you're not gonna think it's fair.

I want a quantity for quality trade because I have too many bodies. I can't afford them all.

very few trades are fair. There is often a winner and a loser. If this was a human and a human, you wouldn't give this a 2nd thought


Because the AI is an idiot and doesn't understand real trade value.

Also, if you added like a pick or something i think most people would be ok with it.

Maybe AI trades was a bad idea... lol

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
  #9
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Idk why Kostitsyn regressed 3 overall. If he didnt, I wouldve said yes. Also, it seems like Brassard is mega overrated. 87 overall? Wtf...now if this was a real life trade it wouldve been even. Irl Kostitsyn is a physical 25 goal scorer.

Those two 70 something overalls have 3.5 potential right? If Mak adds a 2nd Im good with it. Kostitsyn should rebound a little back to a 2nd liner.
If this was a real life trade, I would be the one getting fleeced big time. Backes is awesome

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
  #10
stempniaksen
Registered User
 
stempniaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,215
vCash: 50
If you're gonna do quantity for quality don't use the CPU's, that's how they get gutted. It's not so bad when it's 1 or 2 deals, but if everyone offers CBJ a quantity for quality deal they'll end up with a whole lot of nothing.

Not even sure why we opened up trading with computers to be honest, it leads to issues in most leagues I've ever been in. On that basis alone I'll vote no to all three trades, but if the rest of the league thinks it should pass I'll be okey with it.

stempniaksen is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:43 PM
  #11
Deku Scrub
____________________
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,852
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I've been trying. No one is interested.

Mitchell, Hickey, Martinez, Backes, Kostitsyn, Willams, Legwand, O'Reilly, Niemi.... these guys are available and it's been posted many times

I've been PMing guys who seem to have holes at these positions and no interest
I would be interested in Backes if he was listed as a winger and Martinez if I had cap space...

I'd be fine with the deal if you added a second round pick too.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:43 PM
  #12
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I've been trying. No one is interested.

Mitchell, Hickey, Martinez, Backes, Kostitsyn, Willams, Legwand, O'Reilly, Niemi.... these guys are available and it's been posted many times

I've been PMing guys who seem to have holes at these positions and no interest
Maybe people were waiting to see who they got from free agency?

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
  #13
AJC 2121
Registered User
 
AJC 2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Breton
Country: Canada
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
League Reset?

After looking at some of the CPU rosters I doubt there is any way we get people to fill the empty GM spots. Too many teams are completely crippled right now and add to that our poor understanding of how EA was going to handle player resignings. We're only 1 season into the league so why not reset and get actual GMs instead of having to trade with the CPU? Just a thought, don't come down on me too hard

AJC 2121 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:47 PM
  #14
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC 2121 View Post
After looking at some of the CPU rosters I doubt there is any way we get people to fill the empty GM spots. Too many teams are completely crippled right now and add to that our poor understanding of how EA was going to handle player resignings. We're only 1 season into the league so why not reset and get actual GMs instead of having to trade with the CPU? Just a thought, don't come down on me too hard
Thats what she said.

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  #15
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
I don't want to give up a 2nd

Moller and Schlemko actually have value to me. I ideally I'd move out Mitchell (Jeeks???) and Hickey and keep Schlemko. Moller I would like to keep and see if he can get up to 78ish.

They have value, not just throw ins to me.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
  #16
Deku Scrub
____________________
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,852
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC 2121 View Post
After looking at some of the CPU rosters I doubt there is any way we get people to fill the empty GM spots. Too many teams are completely crippled right now and add to that our poor understanding of how EA was going to handle player resignings. We're only 1 season into the league so why not reset and get actual GMs instead of having to trade with the CPU? Just a thought, don't come down on me too hard
It's not a bad idea in theory, but I really don't want to restart after the changes I've made to my team. I think other people will also think the same way about this.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
  #17
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
I really don't want to reset just because we're through the hardest part already. I want to see the league reach 15 or 20 years, not constantly sputtering out because people are too busy to check the mode for 15 minutes 3 times a week or quit over absolutely nothing. But I definitely understand that we'll have trouble recruiting new GMs in our current state, and I want 30 active GMs.

If we do restart, would anyone be interested in randomized rosters?

For the record, I don't have an issue with the Brassard trade. There's been plenty of human GM quantity trades where I think one team gets a huge advantage. The way we are breaking down the trade could be done with a dozen other accepted deals. I don't like the idea of us negotiating on CBJ's behalf to make it more even, what's to stop us from forcing extra out of every GM under the guise of fairness?. I don't know, it's messy. I'd say no CPU trades period but with so many open spots it's tough.

__________________
No longer valid
moz is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:59 PM
  #18
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I really don't want to reset just because we're through the hardest part already. I want to see the league reach 15 or 20 years, not constantly sputtering out because people are too busy to check the mode for 15 minutes 3 times a week or quit over absolutely nothing. But I definitely understand that we'll have trouble recruiting new GMs in our current state, and I want 30 active GMs.

If we do restart, would anyone be interested in randomized rosters?

For the record, I don't have an issue with the Brassard trade. There's been plenty of human GM quantity trades where I think one team gets a huge advantage. The way we are breaking down the trade could be done with a dozen other accepted deals. I don't like the idea of us negotiating on CBJ's behalf to make it more even, what's to stop us from forcing extra out of every GM under the guise of fairness?. I don't know, it's messy. I'd say no CPU trades period but with so many open spots it's tough.
thank you



yes I would like the randomizing

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
  #19
Deku Scrub
____________________
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,852
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I really don't want to reset just because we're through the hardest part already. I want to see the league reach 15 or 20 years, not constantly sputtering out because people are too busy to check the mode for 15 minutes 3 times a week or quit over absolutely nothing. But I definitely understand that we'll have trouble recruiting new GMs in our current state, and I want 30 active GMs.

If we do restart, would anyone be interested in randomized rosters?

For the record, I don't have an issue with the Brassard trade. There's been plenty of human GM quantity trades where I think one team gets a huge advantage. The way we are breaking down the trade could be done with a dozen other accepted deals. I don't like the idea of us negotiating on CBJ's behalf to make it more even, what's to stop us from forcing extra out of every GM under the guise of fairness?. I don't know, it's messy. I'd say no CPU trades period but with so many open spots it's tough.
Now that I think about it, the Skinner trade was kind of lopsided in St Louis' favor, so I should probably shut my mouth. Although I don't mind that I overpayed because the deal still works for me.

I'm actually trying to get a random rosters league going on the main board, but am struggling to fill it up and some of the first guys to sign up have backed out without saying a word or don't seem to care anymore.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM
  #20
moz
Gute Post
 
moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: England
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
Confirmed deal.

Dallas gets Savard
Boston gets 5th round pick

moz is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
  #21
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
I dont think we aren't getting more GMs because the AI teams got screwed, i think its simply because there is no one else.

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:13 PM
  #22
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 500
I don't understand the need to 'protect' the AIs if no one else will join. We should just raid them

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
  #23
RISPECK CLASS 101
Registered User
 
RISPECK CLASS 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Scotland
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
I'd be happy with a random roster reroll, but everyone has to keep the teams now or at least pick their teams prior to the randomization

RISPECK CLASS 101 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:32 PM
  #24
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,734
vCash: 50
Im 50/50 on starting again but if we did I would prefer random rosters with teams selected before creation.

Or to make things interesting we could have all rosters posted and San Jose would get 1st selection because he just won the cup, then it would be whichever team made it to the cup finals and so on and so on. Which means i pick last...

Kezia is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:48 PM
  #25
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,098
vCash: 50
Idk about restarting. Out of my 40 roster spots, over half of them werent on Nashville to begin with. I like my team as is. With that said, I wont drop out or lose interest if we restart. Ive spent a lot of hours so far, but if more people are happy, Ill go along with it.

We NEED to get guarantees from prospective Gm's though first if we were to restart. If we restart and nonody else joins ill be pissed

derriko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.