HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moving to Montreal (urgent less then a month)

Old
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I had to wait 20-30 min for the owner. Not a lot of noise outside arround 8:30-9:30 at night. Everybody was home in the appartment over us and we didn't hear a thing.

Owner runs a credit check, reference check, don't want any animals at all. He ask if we were quiet because he never had a problem with any other resident. I felt like it was a good building.

Outside is ugly but inside they just putted 30 000$ in the 4 1/2. For the price and size it's really nice. 10-15 min walk from the metro. 5 min from the crossfit gym!
Sounds good. You're a Francophone? Sounds silly, but I think it's better to be Francophone than Anglophone in Longueuil in a lot of places. People will treat you/react to you differently. I say this as an 50/50 American/Francophone who speaks French perfectly with zero accent, just like a born Quebecer. I've noticed the impact it can have in certain areas. All that aside... are you a beer lover? You'll wanna know this place:

http://www.bieresduquebec.ca/points-...vigne-162.html

Looks like a normal crappy dep at first glance, but the backstore is glorious for a beer lover. As glorious as you're gonna get outside of the city anyway.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:55 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Sounds good. You're a Francophone? Sounds silly, but I think it's better to be Francophone than Anglophone in Longueuil in a lot of places. People will treat you/react to you differently. I say this as an 50/50 American/Francophone who speaks French perfectly with zero accent, just like a born Quebecer. I've noticed the impact it can have in certain areas. All that aside... are you a beer lover? You'll wanna know this place:

http://www.bieresduquebec.ca/points-...vigne-162.html

Looks like a normal crappy dep at first glance, but the backstore is glorious for a beer lover. As glorious as you're gonna get outside of the city anyway.
Thank you, I'll take a look for sure and yes i'm a francophone. I looked at the stats online for longueuil and it's like 10/1 franco/anglo I was surprised.

Moving sunday november 11th! I was approved by the owner. I have to find a good gym now.

I also notice there's sherbrooke U campus right next corner.

ClasslessGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
ClasslessGuy

I have the keys saturday (3rd) morning and moving in sunday the 11th.

Any good gym in the area? maybe at sherbrooke u campus?

Old
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Grats!

Can't help you about the gym, that's not an activity I partake in. More of a biker myself... but there should be a lot of choice. Longueuil has a lot of everything really.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
ClasslessGuy

moving Saturday! Still trying to find the bolts for my frontal washing machine... Do you really need to put them back?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:01 AM
JOKER 192
Go Donny Go

Laval is a long way from Boucherville kinda like Hawksbury to Kanata if you can relate but with traffic that is unbearable.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Boomsticks

Welcome to the neighbourhood! I just moved into a place on Joliette on November 1st. So far no complaints. It's a 20 minute walk to the metro, but I'm not complaining. (Yet, in the winter it might be a different story)

Thanks for the hook ups about the beer store. Will definitely check it out.

Boomsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I live by the bridge so I see the evolution everyday. I believe the "arrondissement" wanted to be done with the detours before the end of the year. One branch is already operational. The branch from Pie-IX northward towards Henri-Bourassa/the bridge is almost done (they need to configure the Henri-Bourassa intersection) and the last one is the exit of the bridge to Henri-Bourassa, although the construction is moving at a good pace.

All in all, I believe traffic shouldn't be too much of a concern but I assume a lot of it moved towards the 25. Here is a link to the project. It's nice because it's the first step towards a revitalized Montreal-Nord.
You were right. It's not too bad coming from Laval but going back there at night is a nightmare.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote