HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

GM Game #1 by T_Cage, TP, and IR4

Old
10-25-2012, 07:06 PM
SixthSens
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
That's basically 6 1st round picks (Sutter, Despres, Maata, Bennett, Morrow, 2013 1st) + more for one guy.... now that's going for it.
After reading the trade, this was my first thought.

Quote:
And for those of you that can't afford that, i'd let Mike Smith go for only 4 1st round picks
I'll undercut you by going 3 1sts for Andy

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I dropped out of the Thomas sweeps because I was told he would not report in this game...

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I dropped out of the Thomas sweeps because I was told he would not report in this game...
Not for this season no, basically it is a trade for his ufa rights (unless I'm allowed to toll his contract)

Either way I thought it was a fair price.

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post

Guys who are available (for a deal that makes sense, depending on who they are):

- Phil Kessel
- Dion Phaneuf
- Joffrey Lupul
- John-Michael Liles
- Tyler Bozak
- Tim Connolly
- Ben Scrivens
- James Reimer
- Clarke MacArthur
- Dave Steckel
These guys are still available, though we've had talks with some clubs about them.

HOCCA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Not for this season no, basically it is a trade for his ufa rights (unless I'm allowed to toll his contract)

Either way I thought it was a fair price.
Ohh alright. Never mind, carry on.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
holden57

have any d-men not named Myers on the block, as well as Leino. Looking for a top 6 center or a tough bottom 6 forward. Armia or Pysyk are available for a good top 6 center.

holden57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

#WhoIsNumberEighteen?

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Modo
MVP

vCash: 50

Linus Omark
Theo Peckham
EDM 4th in 2013

Brenden Morrow

After tormenting the Oilers in the playoffs for so many years early on in his career, Brenden Morrow will now get the chance to return the favour as he seeks to re-establish himself as a hard-nosed leader and power forward.

Dallas's transformation continues, as they trade their captain in hopes that star forward Jamie Benn is ready to take his place. In return for Morrow we receive an exciting forward in Linus Omark, who is currently carving up the competition overseas and looking to start fresh in Dallas. We also receive Theo Peckham, who will bring some grit and tenacity to a Stars organization that lost some toughness in recent months.

10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

#WhoIsNumberEighteen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Linus Omark
Theo Peckham
EDM 4th in 2013

Brenden Morrow

After tormenting the Oilers in the playoffs for so many years early on in his career, Brenden Morrow will now get the chance to return the favour as he seeks to re-establish himself as a hard-nosed leader and power forward.

Dallas's transformation continues, as they trade their captain in hopes that star forward Jamie Benn is ready to take his place. In return for Morrow we receive an exciting forward in Linus Omark, who is currently carving up the competition overseas and looking to start fresh in Dallas. We also receive Theo Peckham, who will bring some grit and tenacity to a Stars organization that lost some toughness in recent months.

ACQUIRE BRENDEN MORROW FROM DALLAS

With few days remaining till the Trade Deadline, The Edmonton Oilers made a statement by bringing in gritty veteran power forward Brenden Morrow.

While the once intense and often lopsided playoff rivalry has put the two franchises at odds, GM Modo and GM Soli put bad blood behind them and came together to consummate a deal to help both their franchises.

"Brenden waived his NTC to come to Edmonton. GM Modo says Brenden was a consummate pro throughout this difficult process. He understands it's a business and the writing was on the wall in Dallas" said GM Soli. "A large part of the reason Brenden decided to come here was the proximity to his home in Carlyle, Saskatchewan. Chalk a win up for provincial media rights, eh? Jordan [Eberle] also said he'd share his Rough Rider's season tickets"

Brenden Morrow brings a long overdue boost of physicality to the Oilers lineup. His 130 hits in a shortened 57 game campaign last season would have lead all Oilers forwards in that category last season. The former Stars Captain will be slotted in next to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and fellow Saskatchewan native Jordan Eberle to begin his Oilers tenure. With #10 currently held by Captain Shawn Horcoff, Brendan Morrow will wear #18 for the Oilers.

Last edited by Soli: 10-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 09:25 PM
TLinden
Benning gonnaBenning

Yikes, asking for top line minutes from Morrow? Seems like he is aging incredibly fast these days.

TLinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Yikes, asking for top line minutes from Morrow? Seems like he is aging incredibly fast these days.
Agreed. Morrow is actually a great pick-up for Edmonton........in a 2nd/3rd line role.

Top line?? That makes me nervous

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

We're running a very deep offense in Edmonton under my tenure and Coach Kreuger likes to work in pairs. We're trying out big bodies with RNH-Eberle to open up some space for them. If not Morrow, it might be rookie Teemu Hartikainen. Morrow had a difficult season injury wise (RNH belted him!) and with a lockout-shortened season, we're confident that Morrow comes back rejuvenated. At any rate, that frees up Hall to bolster another offensive line.

If this were to actually happen, I'm confident that Coach Krueger would apply the knowledge of what happened to Smyth last season (amazing start to the season and then burned out by Christmas) and monitor the minutes of our veterans in the Top-9. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a revolving door of wingers on the left side with RNH-Eberle next season, depending who's going on any given night.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:26 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 150

Nik Antropov: Tough to gauge what his going rate is, lots of interest so far but just nibbles right now. I'd say his value would be 2nd round pick or equivalent prospect, remember that he has a NTC though so you must be a playoff team at the very least.

Alex Ponikarovsky: I've had a ton of interest in him so far, going rate seems to be a 3rd round pick, so it'll take slightly more than that to pry him out. Will be dealt before deadline, just a matter of a team emerging out of the pile.

Antti Miettinen: Didn't realize he had a full NMC, not gonna mess with that. I'll just hold on to him for now and utilize him as a depth forward.

Ron Hainsey: A guy that can slot in and be a 2nd pairing defenceman on some teams, have had nibbles so far but nothing too serious. Right now price is probably a 2nd round pick, although that could change if interest picks up. He has a limited NTC, so must be a playoff bound team to aquire him.

Paul Postma: Surprisingly have had three teams inquire already. Ideally I'd use him in a package elsewhere (Postma + a 4th for a 2nd or something), but I'll trade him for as low as a 4th by the deadline if no further interest is shown.

Al Montoya: Goalies don't typically hold a ton of value at the deadline, make an inquiry though if you're interested, he's not overly expensive to acquire.

Needs: Mostly looking for picks at this point since I traded away Trouba and my 1st in 2013. Another piece I'd like to acquire is a gritty veteran for my 3rd/4th line and maybe a defenceman who is under contract to replace Hainsey.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:33 PM
TLinden
Benning gonnaBenning

Booth or Raymond available to be packaged with one/some of:

1st 2013, Van/FLA 2nd 2013, Other picks. Anton Rodin, Patrick McNally, Jordan Scroeder, etc.

For an upgrade at 2nd line W.

TLinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:46 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Building the wall; Leafs acquire Khabibulin from Edmonton

The Toronto Maple Leafs shored up their goaltending situation today, acquiring veteran netminder Nikolai Khabibulin, along with prospect Toni Rajala, from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for prospect goaltender Ben Scrivens.

"Nik will give James Reimer the opportunity to learn a great deal about handling pressure, and tending goal in this year as a full time gig." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a conference call at the Air Canada Centre this evening.

"Nik will give James the ability to spell his responsibility as a starter, and learn the ins and outs of a market like this. He is a world class goaltender, and will be a huge asset to this club going forward. Toni Rajala is also a highly skilled prospect we believe has top 6 potential in this league, and could easily end up as a solid player in this league.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Like the Bulin/Scrivens swap for both teams.

SJ still looking for upgrades to their 4th line. If you have good grinders that can go for picks/specs, let me know.

Also looking for a #2/3C. Will trade Hertl or my 1st for the right guy.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:56 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Brotherly Love; Leafs acquire prospect Max Gardiner from St. Louis

The Toronto Maple Leafs made a minor move today that could be the biggest party Minnetonka, Minnesota has ever seen.

The Leafs today sent fellow Minnesota native Dominic Toninato to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for centre prospect Max Gardiner, brother of standout Toronto defenceman Jake Gardiner.

"We really like what Max brings to the table, and feel that being close to his brother could really help him take the next step in the development of his skills, and learning how to be a pro in this game." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a conference call this evening.

"Dominic Toninato is a solid prospect who could be a contributing player in this league - however, we you have to pay quality to get quality, and we're happy with the deal we've made."

Old
10-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post

Building the wall; Leafs acquire Khabibulin from Edmonton

The Toronto Maple Leafs shored up their goaltending situation today, acquiring veteran netminder Nikolai Khabibulin, along with prospect Toni Rajala, from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for prospect goaltender Ben Scrivens.

"Nik will give James Reimer the opportunity to learn a great deal about handling pressure, and tending goal in this year as a full time gig." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a conference call at the Air Canada Centre this evening.

"Nik will give James the ability to spell his responsibility as a starter, and learn the ins and outs of a market like this. He is a world class goaltender, and will be a huge asset to this club going forward. Toni Rajala is also a highly skilled prospect we believe has top 6 potential in this league, and could easily end up as a solid player in this league.
Confirms.

BEN SCRIVENS BREAKS THE 'BULIN WALL DOWN

The Edmonton Oilers acquired Ben Scrivens from the Toronto Maple Leafs. In return, Edmonton sends veteran goaltender Nik Khabibulin and prospect Toni Rajala to Toronto. We thank Nik for his three and a half years he has put the 'Bulin Wall up in Edmonton.

The Edmonton Oilers bring local product Ben Scrivens home to Alberta. "Every leagues he's played in he has excelled and posted marvelous numbers. I see potential in Scrivens to be a starter in the NHL" said GM Soli in his media avail. "He'll be the backup to Devan Dubnyk for now."

Last edited by Soli: 10-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 AM
NowitzkisBrownNugget

Interest has grown in Nathan Horton. One team has offered a similar young LW on a good contract.
We'd like to move him for a young top-6er.

Last edited by NowitzkisBrownNugget: 10-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.
NowitzkisBrownNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:45 AM
NowitzkisBrownNugget

Quote:
COYOTES ACQUIRE ALL-STAR GOALIE

In a move that slipped slightly under the radar, the Phoenix Coyotes acquired the rights to multiple-award winner Tim Thomas from the Boston Bruins, sending the B's prospect Maxim Goncharov and a conditional 2014 draft pick.

Thomas, who is on leave for the 2012-13 season, has a collection of accolades incluing 2 Vezina trophies, a Conn Smythe, William Jennings, Roger Crozier award...and a Stanley Cup ring leading Boston to the Cup two short seasons ago.

"When you have a chance to acquire possibly the best goalie in the NHL for the last several years, you take a chance on it. Mike Smith has been a revelation and we belive will lead us into the playoffs in 2013, from there may the best man win. We wish Maxim luck in Boston as he badly needed a change of scenary"

President Mitt Romney was asked for comment on the Yotes acquiring the politically out-spoken Goalie, and the commander-in-chief voiced his support for the move.

We confirm this deal. Tim wasn't going to play for us and we're happy that he can have a vacay in the sunny state of Arizona. Enjoy the elections Tim!

NowitzkisBrownNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:09 AM
CaptPantalones

Ducks looking to move lydman

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Toronto finally got a pair of brothers together.

What the heck? The Pacific Division hates the Perry trade, that is crazy for one player.

Kings still shopping Bernier and could go soon.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:16 AM
coz21
Skrillllllz

Going out of town for the weekend so I'll only be checking occasionally. Still looking to move guys so don't hesitate to make an offer.

coz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:22 AM
NH57
That's Right Coach T

PM about anybody except Crosby and Malkin

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:06 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy