HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke and the 2012-13 lockout.

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 11:48 PM
mikedumar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I really doubt that Burke had some hand or anything on, but he did position himself smartly knowing that there would be a change in the CBA. I agree with others you are taking this to a level where it shouldn't be. A lot of the things he did prepare are exactly what the CBA or proposals in the CBAs have been talked about for that I praise him. However I seriously doubt his connections in the NHL from the past would be a sure thing for him to be prepared for a full lockout. Remember he's one general manger among thirty.
and it was the owners that locked the players out....

burke is a well respected guy within the nhl circles

Old
10-25-2012, 11:49 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedumar View Post
why is that an issue.... it doesnt affect anything ! and like always burke respects players, and gave armstrong time to figure out his career

burke is a players gm time and time again its shown such
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Really?

Armstrong is getting paid right now.

Not may other NHLers are.
If you're trying this hard to see something, it's probably not there.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:50 PM
diceman934

Quote:
its not odd when you listen to what burkes been preaching about.... but as usual leafs fans continue not to truly hear....

nope it had to be some ridiculous other reason why burke would not sign players to inflated contracts ......

humm razors occam applies... and answer is yes he planned it
It is the people who are not fans of Burke who listen to him and for that we are attacked....if you listen to his supporters we are not to listen to him at all, but we are to believe!

Burke has proven thus far to be an epic failure.....yet you feel he has a master plan that has him signing a concussed Liles to an extention and letting a health Franson hang in the wind.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
mikedumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
If you're trying this hard to see something, it's probably not there.
youre trying to hard to stretch this into a nonsense fight

/end

only team in the league set with the lowest amount of players on contract for next year....

cant use prospects... as burke specifically says "no timeline" self time on development of each and every prospect

Old
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
diceman934

One more thing here......his bosses are against this whole lock out and want hockey back and now as they are losing more money than any other owner.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
mikedumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
One more thing here......his bosses are against this whole lock out abd want hockey back and now as they are losing more money than any other owner.
care to show such ? lol !

they will gain more profit after this lockout ....

Old
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
It is the people who are not fans of Burke who listen to him and for that we are attacked....if you listen to his supporters we are not to listen to him at all, but we are to believe!

Burke has proven thus far to be an epic failure.....yet you feel he has a master plan that has him signing a concussed Liles to an extention and letting a health Franson hang in the wind.
Epic Failure???? You expected him to win a cup in 3 years didn't you?

People underestimate at just how bad of shape this team was in before he got here.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Quote:
youre trying to hard to stretch this into a nonsense fight

/end

only team in the league set with the lowest amount of players on contract for next year....

cant use prospects... as burke specifically says "no timeline" self time on development of each and every prospect
Please explain why Burke would buyout Army if he knew there would be a lockout, and how I have "no knowledge of the ecomomics of the game"

Old
mikedumar

Quote:

lol ... have you ever seen a leafs prospect pool this deep ? ever .... lol epic fail @ argument

Old
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
its not odd when you listen to what burkes been preaching about.... but as usual leafs fans continue not to truly hear....

nope it had to be some ridiculous other reason why burke would not sign players to inflated contracts ......

If Brian Burke has that level of foresight, why did he trade a 1st to Boston in a year he knew we were going to finish 2nd last? Think about it. It's because he wants this team to lose. And he traded the 1st for Kessel specifically ecause he wants to Americanize Toronto. He planned it all. Think about it.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Quote:
if brian burke has that level of foresight, why did he trade a 1st to boston in a year he knew we were going to finish 2nd last? Think about it. It's because he wants this team to lose. And he traded the 1st for kessel specifically ecause he wants to americanize toronto. He planned it all. Think about it.
please be sarcasm

Old
10-25-2012, 11:57 PM
diceman934

Quote:
care to show such ? lol !

they will gain more profit after this lockout ....
It will take the Leafs a long time to get back the money they will lose if they can this year.....

Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
mikedumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Please explain why Burke would buyout Army if he knew there would be a lockout, and how I have "no knowledge of the ecomomics of the game"
quick

itll be half season !

major cap reduction

do the math

buyout colby or mike when cap is reduced in new era ?

Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Quote:
It will take the Leafs a long time to get back the money they will lose if they can this year.....

Old
10-25-2012, 11:59 PM
mikedumar

Quote:
please stop ...

Old
10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
diceman934

Quote:
lol ... have you ever seen a leafs prospect pool this deep ? ever .... lol epic fail @ argument
We have a poor prospect pool for a team that has finished as low as we have in the standings.

We have 1 high end prospect who did not play in the NHL last year. Morgan Rielly.

Old
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Quote:
quick

itll be half season !

major cap reduction

do the math

buyout colby or mike when cap is reduced in new era ?
Do the Math? Can you do the grammar first?

If Burke "knew" there would be a lockout, he wouldn't buyout the contract, he would let it burn off with Tim Connolly's and Matthew Lombardi's.

So instead of paying $0, we now pay 1M next season to Armstrong.

That's the bottom line.

Old
mikedumar

Quote:
If Brian Burke has that level of foresight, why did he trade a 1st to Boston in a year he knew we were going to finish 2nd last? Think about it. It's because he wants this team to lose. And he traded the 1st for Kessel specifically ecause he wants to Americanize Toronto. He planned it all. Think about it.
foresight of economics is easier than judging a team he just became in charge of

stop...

kessel was touted as the american crosby right up to his draft... and to this day kessel continues to get better ... so stop a star player costs... and that was the cost

Old
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

I am thinking so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Okay.... that still doesn't explain a thing.

If Burke "knew" there would be a lockout, he wouldn't have bought out Army. As the final year would be gone for nothing.... Buying him out means, we will have to pay another million I believe against our cap next season as well
Hey Cor99, I know you have a 3.6M dollar offer for 2 years in Calgary, but I'll give you 3.0M for 3 years, and if there is no CBA in place by Jun 2012 I'll buy you out a 1M for 2 years. That's a Guaranteed 8M v. 7.2M

Old
10-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Yea I'm gonna go ahead and close this lol.