HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
hockeyman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He showed some hands too, but ended up getting laid out. It's the first time I've seen him knocked off his skates this year.
I agree with 100% of what your saying, but I remember his 4 pt game against the greyhounds, Gudbranson crushed him 3 times that game, 2 were clean, 1 was dirty. Anyways the point i'm getting at is, he's not afraid one bit to go into those dirty areas. Also he's isn't one of those players who goes to the refs after to complain. Man's got some serious integrity. He played a hell of a game tonight, and yeah Dominant is the perfect word.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Habaddict

It seems we've finally drafted some one who isn't skinny. Maybe he'll turn out
to be one of those Russians, like Kovalchuck, Kovlev, OV, Valchenkov, and Emelin.
You know, the remains of the Soviet experiments, cross-breeding hockey players,
with old WW2 tanks.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think we should all show That our appreciation for literally giving us an analysis of Galchenyuk's play every game he's played in so far. Good stuff man. If I were you, I'd save all the posts in a word document to see the progression throughout the season.
This! Thanks for the reports That!

Old
10-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597

Old
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Only 3 pts away from the lead!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post54819269

Quote:
10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Habaneros

Quote:

If he keeps this up ,he might get drafted next year....maybe .Man reading this thread ,world was ending after 4 games? lol....unreal ...

Let me rip your knee,sit ya out all year, then give ya new line mates...Im sure it would take no time to get used too eh?

Good show Alex your heating up....you'll be ready if we get going this year in NHL .

P.s -I won't be surprised to see him leading leauge in Ohl soon .
///\\

Last edited by Habaneros: 10-25-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Andy

That pass to Basso lmao. Galchenyuk totally fkd up the goaltender with the fake deke and the dish over.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:35 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I really like the fact that he played his best game on the wing. If he can effectively switch back and forth from center to winger throughout the year then that can only be a plus for him and the Habs.

He most likely will be eased into the pros on the wing so I think that it's a good thing. I'm sure he'll be double shifted a lot on the wing as well.

Finishing near the bottom last year will probably the defining moment where this organization turns around.

Thanks PG!

Old
10-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Nothing wrong with hoping or cheering. In fact, that's you're responsibility
as a fan.
But dominating games is different than dominating score-sheets. It was
probably an oversight, but you seemed to use them interchangeably. Also, once
you include the word "should", it's no longer wanting, it's expecting.
You're absolutely right. I think everyone should expect him to dominate the game AND the scoresheet. He was a 3rd overall pick, he's got the talent and the drive! Top players produce points as well as dominate the play. He should become a top player.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Really good news to see him smiling after scoring his empty-netter. I think his teammates know if they get him going they will be hard to stop.

I think he is beginning to feel good about HIMSELF again after missing last year. Everyone keeps talking about how talented he is etc, but I think he needs to prove to himself first and foremost that he is capable of what he was doing in his rookie season, i.e: taking the puck end-to-end and scoring highlight reel goals. He is definitely stronger than his rookie season, but confidence is everything in sports and I think he is starting to regain some of it.

Last edited by Rise from the Ashes: 10-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
At the end he had an absolutely filthy move around the defender, just not fair.
Filthy move! Kids got dangles for days.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Terrible pass from Sarault, but Gally is like no problem I'll just dipsy doodle here, and some more there... here u go Boucher have a scoring chance which I know u'll flub anyway..

But I loved how he took the pass from behind him and immediately exploded with a small burst of speed to get in the small space between the defenders and his coverage.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:26 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Terrible pass from Sarault, but Gally is like no problem I'll just dipsy doodle here, and some more there... here u go Boucher have a scoring chance which I know u'll flub anyway..

But I loved how he took the pass from behind him and immediately exploded with a small burst of speed to get in the small space between the defenders and his coverage.
What a move to stay onside.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:39 AM
NotProkofievian

That was one of the sickest non-scoring moves I've ever seen.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:46 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
That one was really nice, but man, he makes plays like that fairly often. If he had some legit line-mates, he'd be comfortably leading the OHL in scoring, in my opinion.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:46 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
The only time I've felt like this about a player was when I first saw Subban in his two first NHL games against the Flyers. Habs got destroyed on the scoresheet and on the ice by a bigger and better team but Subban did everything great despite having a terrible team around him, made a mockery of Philly's forecheck and even threw in a Soobiedoo or two (okay enough with the nostalgia lol) despite not scoring was the best player on the ice. Every time he touched the puck it was magical. Now apply this to Gally as the forward version and add in a bit more potential, and we have a very special player. Imagine if Gally eventually develops a mean streak too to go with that size?

Old
10-26-2012, 02:02 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
The only time I've felt like this about a player was when I first saw Subban in his two first NHL games against the Flyers. Habs got destroyed on the scoresheet and on the ice by a bigger and better team but Subban did everything great despite having a terrible team around him, made a mockery of Philly's forecheck and even threw in a Soobiedoo or two (okay enough with the nostalgia lol) despite not scoring was the best player on the ice. Every time he touched the puck it was magical. Now apply this to Gally as the forward version and add in a bit more potential, and we have a very special player. Imagine if Gally eventually develops a mean streak too to go with that size?
The future looks 10x brighter with Galchenyuk in the lineup. I just hope that this kid gets a chance to play with a good Markov. I think that'd be so sick on the PP.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post

yeah, insane

a better play would have been for 14 to give back the puck to galchenyuk on the give n go for a possible one timer from alex, but meh! maybe in the nhl he'll get those fed back to him

Old
10-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Can't wait til he's making those moves in Montreal. Been a long, long while since we had a center could do that

Old
10-26-2012, 05:27 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Thanks "That".

Your killing it for us this year, definitely appreciate the updates!

The contest is over, give that man the ten thousand dollars!

Old
10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, thanks a lot That, and thanks a lot video posters.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:27 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Why is it the Penguins had Fleury a 1st overall,Malkin a 2nd overall and then through the lottery Crosby 1st overall.Now the Habs have Price 5th overall,Galchenyuk 3rd overall and there will be a lottery this year for MacKinnon,Jones and Barkov.So heres hoping the last place Habs in the East get the 2nd overall behind only Columbus. Edmonton have had three 1st overall picks consecutively,so they shouldn't pick in the top ten IMO.Given the 2nd pick does Montreal draft Jones or Barkov that should be their dilemma,Barkov with Galchenyuk and Collberg.Those three could be a tremendous line to lead the Habs for the next decade and to their 25th SC.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Why is it the Penguins had Fleury a 1st overall,Malkin a 2nd overall and then through the lottery Crosby 1st overall.Now the Habs have Price 5th overall,Galchenyuk 3rd overall and there will be a lottery this year for MacKinnon,Jones and Barkov.So heres hoping the last place Habs in the East get the 2nd overall behind only Columbus. Edmonton have had three 1st overall picks consecutively,so they shouldn't pick in the top ten IMO.Given the 2nd pick does Montreal draft Jones or Barkov that should be their dilemma,Barkov with Galchenyuk and Collberg.Those three could be a tremendous line to lead the Habs for the next decade and to their 25th SC.
Sigh. For the last time the lottery is not in our favor. If the season is canceled we have no more a chance to draft high than the defending cup champs. We will have 1 ball under the old system.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
Sigh. For the last time the lottery is not in our favor. If the season is canceled we have no more a chance to draft high than the defending cup champs. We will have 1 ball under the old system.
I am well aware of the lottery system,which is why I asked why did the Penguins get all of those picks and the Habs only a 3rd & 5th picks in Galchenyuk and Price with seven years in between.It isn't fair was my point that's all and dreaming of Barkov joining Gally & Collberg is just a dream.Sorry I thought it was clear.In reality the Habs may have a chance to draft one of Carrier or Mantha in this years draft.Either player could be a great linemate for Gally & Collberg.

Last edited by S Bah: 10-26-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 08:52 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

That's that. Next edition should be called "That Edition"

Old
10-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Thing I love about Galchenyuk's deking is that he uses his entire body when deking, not just the stick, which really confuses goaltenders. We saw it on both the penalty shot and the Basso goal, where the goalie looks like he's completely out to lunch.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread