HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The NHL 13 Thread

Old
09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh_so_saad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
Boston offered me Chara for Kyle Beach and a second round draft pick
Bye bye beach

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:30 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Wouldn't it be cool if it actually did generate lockouts of varying lengths in GM mode,
every 4-8 years, can play AHL if you want or sim.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if it actually did generate lockouts of varying lengths in GM mode,
every 4-8 years, can play AHL if you want or sim.
no because there is nothing cool about a lockout

Old
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
digdug41982

Alright, so I finally bought the game. WOW, THIS THING IS A ****ING WORK OF ART, JUST AMAZING!!!!!

They've finally made a hockey game. If you play good hockey, you score and you win. Finally, it's not a game where you shoot glitch shots from the blue line or any other predictable sure thing shots. You outplay the opponent, outshoot them, you win. I played my first 3 games last night, couldn't get enough so I got up at 6AM to get in a couple games before I went to work, won both of them too. 5-0 so far, 17GF, 3 GA, 3 SO.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

For those of you that enjoy this game and play on 360, would you mind playing me later?

I can't stand this game. Like cold said, if you outplay, out TOI, and outshoot your opponent, you win. Instead of getting rewarded for good play, I win because I can get a wrist shot to go in from the goal line, pass it in off the goalie from behind the net, or get a wide open net because the goalie pulls a Crawford and slides 4 feet outside the post, etc.

GT: This Is Gootie

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Yeah, this game has been pissing me off lately. I'll play a good positional game and take away the angles to the front, only to have CC allow a softie short side from the half wall

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
For those of you that enjoy this game and play on 360, would you mind playing me later?

I can't stand this game. Like cold said, if you outplay, out TOI, and outshoot your opponent, you win. Instead of getting rewarded for good play, I win because I can get a wrist shot to go in from the goal line, pass it in off the goalie from behind the net, or get a wide open net because the goalie pulls a Crawford and slides 4 feet outside the post, etc.

GT: This Is Gootie
What do you define as a good play? What I love about this game is you cycle, get it to the pointman for a clear shot on net, if it's a nice slapper, you have a good shot at getting a rebound, then you put it in with a guy in front. In the old games, there were minimal rebounds. I could take a great slap shot from the slot with Chara and it would most likely have been soaked up, that is not realistic at all.

Everytime I lost online before this game, stats would look like this:

Me: 30 shots
Them: 9 shots
Me: 25 hits
Them: 15 hits
Possesion: 2 to 1 in my favor
Score: I lose 3-1, maybe even get shutout.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Yeah, this game has been pissing me off lately. I'll play a good positional game and take away the angles to the front, only to have CC allow a softie short side from the half wall
Yeah, EA really ramped up the realism this year.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
What do you define as a good play? What I love about this game is you cycle, get it to the pointman for a clear shot on net, if it's a nice slapper, you have a good shot at getting a rebound, then you put it in with a guy in front. In the old games, there were minimal rebounds. I could take a great slap shot from the slot with Chara and it would most likely have been soaked up, that is not realistic at all.
Well I run (or used to, at least) Behind the Net. I could either play from behind the net and make a pass into slot or backdoor for a one-timer.

However, I usually cycle in the corner. My typical move would be wheel from the corner back up high (like Kane does but not as high). From there I would do one of three things: (1) take a shot from the high slot (2) pass to a Dman for a point shot, or (3) do a drop pass on the boards to the forward back down in the corner, but this year my other two forwards rarely ever move/get open. Most of the time they're "battling" in front of the net or standing still.

So basically when in the "half court offense" so to speak, my offense now consists of throwing the puck down low, returning it to a defenseman, and finding a shooting lane. If I'm lucky I'll get a deflection or a rebound. Seems to me they really took the forwards out of the in zone offense.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
digdug41982

Yeah, it's hard to make passes down low, everything gets tipped or intercepted by the D. When I'm not getting it back to my point man (which is really the only guy I can get a good one timer off with unless it's an odd man rush), I'll take someone fast like Hossa, skate hard to the right post, if I can make a short pass to the front, I'll do that, if the guy is well covered I'll keep going and turn sharply behind the net, going around it, if I can get it to my guy in front then, I'll do that, if not, I'll either stuff it or try to get it back to the point for a shot.

I used to play 2-1-2 low, normal D pressure, aggresive forecheck, now they have made some changes and made things more specific, which I like a lot, but I've pretty much adapted it to what I have always done.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Yeah I've always ran 1-2-2 low, normal, collapse, and standard. This year I'm running more of a neutral zone biased game just because when my guys get caught in deep I'm ****ed.

From what I've seen, there's only three ways to score consistently in this game:

1. Breakaway, either backhand forehand short-side or backhand five-hole

2. Cross crease with a five-hole stuff-shot.

3. Any top shelf wrister.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:25 PM
digdug41982

You're right about the top shelfer, scored mostly with that, which is why playing on D, I always try to lay the puck carrier out whenever I can, anywhere, but especially if he cuts toward the slot. If I can't get to him, I brace for a block in front of my goalie.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
You're right about the top shelfer, scored mostly with that, which is why playing on D, I always try to lay the puck carrier out whenever I can, anywhere, but especially if he cuts toward the slot. If I can't get to him, I brace for a block in front of my goalie.
Yeah pretty much anytime someone is in transition against me in a 1 on 1, I just play the wrist-shot side of their body and mash the poke check.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:40 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
This game is just terrible.

Just now, I'm up 1-0 on the Canucks, they pulled Luongo and I'm just trying to run out the remaining seconds. A Canucks player enters the zone right along the boards and flips a ****** weak wrister from 75 feet out on net that somehow just dribbles through CC legs. Dumbest **** ever.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:

Just now, I'm up 1-0 on the Canucks, they pulled Luongo and I'm just trying to run out the remaining seconds. A Canucks player enters the zone right along the boards and flips a ****** weak wrister from 75 feet out on net that somehow just dribbles through CC legs. Dumbest **** ever.
Was it a wrister or a dump lob? I had a guy do that to me 4 or 5 times in a game today and one of them went in.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Yeah, it was just a soft lob on net. Could hardly call it a shot.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

was it more like this

or this

or this

sounds like a realistic Crawford

(but I get what you are saying and hate this too)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Elever
Hth

Would any of you guys be able to check the overall potential ratings on NHL 13 for the Chicago players? I think they use a 5 star scale now instead of an overall grade. I'd like to know who the highest and 2nd highest is.

I think they've given Shaw and Hayes a higher potential than both Saad and Olsen but I don't have the game so I can't check.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:46 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Saad, Olsen, Shaw, Jayes, Tuevo, Morin, Pirri, Kruger all have 3.5 star potential. Beach and McNeil have 4.0 Star potential

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Elever
Hth

^ Thanks. Yeah I feel they need to address their potential system's scouting because if they're implying that all of Saad/Olsen/Shaw/Hayes/Tuevo/Morin/Kruger have the same potential and they put Beach/McNeill higher than some of the other ones then there's an issue. There are weirder examples than that.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Got it for my birthday. Would love to get a Hawks 360 gm group going. Or an EASHL team. My gamertag is DontToewsmeBros.

Add me and send me a message saying who you are.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh_so_saad

shaaw makes the biggest jump every year for me

Old
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I got it as surprise present last week and was really happy. Now I'm really upset. I mean, I feel like a complete idiot. I was pretty good at NHL 10 and it only took a day or two to get used to the controls. Now, I'm getting a real solid handle on the controls and other related basics and just keep ****ing losing. I usually just play the computer in season mode, which is what I'd prefer to do. My AI teammates are useless, the other teams 1C is always as good Crosby and every game is a very representative of the Phoenix series. Outshoot, outplay, out-possess and they manage to score 2-5 weak wristers a game. The worst part is this happens regardless of the team I use and I'm still trying to rack up wins in rookie mode!! Ahg. I must be doing something terribly wrong.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:47 PM
MagicSlap*

I got this for free a few weeks ago. I was buying an Xbox and the lady forgot to ring up the game. Score!

It's a great version, the skating engine is awesome.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Oh_so_saad

i normally dominate the computer. the other night the canucks came back from a 3-1 deficit in the series to knock me out of the finals. i outshot the nucks every game by 20+ shots but luongo ***** me. i actually threew the f'ing remote