HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adding "pizzaz!" to SBP

Old
10-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
That's strange. Older people go to the Petes games so it might make sense. The rowdy section for Petes games is actually the North stands.
Hmm. I guess it always used to be section 3, which makes sense. We sit in Section 11 in Hull, which is pretty much the equivalent to Section 3 in Peterborough (i.e. just inside the blueline where the Olympiques shoot twice, with them shooting to our left). Sections 11 and 3 (directly across the ice) are the two rowdiest sections. 4 and 5 are pretty good too, but not as much.

Doesn't the Memorial Centre run almost north/south? Are you saying that the rowdy section is now the end opposite to the bar, where the visiting team shoots in the first and third? Odd...

Quote:
You married a Peterborough girl? Good choice.
I think so!

Quote:
They already have a jail, so I guess we're half there.
This is what we should be striving for - http://www.sportspickle.com/news/876...s-explanations

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I met Shaka last year and he told me he wants to dance when he's 100.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
Hmm. I guess it always used to be section 3, which makes sense. We sit in Section 11 in Hull, which is pretty much the equivalent to Section 3 in Peterborough (i.e. just inside the blueline where the Olympiques shoot twice, with them shooting to our left). Sections 11 and 3 (directly across the ice) are the two rowdiest sections. 4 and 5 are pretty good too, but not as much.

Doesn't the Memorial Centre run almost north/south? Are you saying that the rowdy section is now the end opposite to the bar, where the visiting team shoots in the first and third? Odd...

I think so!

This is what we should be striving for - http://www.sportspickle.com/news/876...s-explanations
Yes, right across from the bar is the rowdy section these days, for both Petes and Lakers. The entire building is the rowdy section during Lakers games though. Fight in the stands between home and visiting fans happen almost every time.

I think it's across from the bar now because it's the cheapest spot, so people like me (high school kids) can go for cheap. It's not just high school kids or anything like that though, we just get the cheering started.

GK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I've always thought that for the playoffs we should have

Black towels in the 100s
White towels in the 200s
Red towels in the 300s
This would be awesome!!!

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I think it's across from the bar now because it's the cheapest spot, so people like me (high school kids) can go for cheap. It's not just high school kids or anything like that though, we just get the cheering started.
Interesting. Boisbriand shoots twice at the end with fewer seats too. I find that such a strange setup.

Peterborough prices are too high though. They have dwindling attendance (mostly due to poor on ice performance, I'm sure), and all they're doing is making prices higher. In Hull, you can sit anywhere for $17, and even though our attendance is going down too (again, our team is awful), at least we're not trying to charge $20+ a ticket. To sit in Section 3 (a 'regular bowl' section(<-Tiered pricing is stupid)), it would cost my wife, son, and I $53. In Hull, it would be $37. $13 for a kid? It's $3 in Hull, $5 in Val-d'Or, free in Rouyn-Noranda, free in Québec, etc. throughout most of the Q.

If the Petes want more people to come to games, they really need to think about lowering ticket prices.

The Memorial Centre kind of has the same problem that SBP has - too many lame people that don't actually care, and far too few rowdies. We (STHs) got free beer on opening night. Hull knows how to get their fans rowdy! Maybe the Petes and Sens should start giving out free beer! That would add some 'pizza' to the crowd.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I've always thought that for the playoffs we should have

Black towels in the 100s
White towels in the 200s
Red towels in the 300s
I remember hearing this idea the past few seasons and I agree 100%.

Would be unique and relevant; plus from what I've heard this city loves the towels. Remember the pompoms?

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Every goal, have a bunch of Spartans run through each section with swords just randomly yelling and doing tricks, like doing backflips off the 300s into the lower bowls.

EDIT: Fine, it appears as though I'm not allowed to use Spartans.
I see what you did there...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
This happened most games to RSU, on many occasions it was Senator fans that complained we were "being too loud" and "cheering to much"....such a sleepy city!
Well, in all honesty, it was beyond stupid for RSU to occupy Section 319. I mean, they put them RIGHT NEXT to the "Coke Zero Family Fun Zone". For anyone that doesn't know, the Coke Zero zones are alcohol-free. And they put them IMMEDIATELY next to the drunkest, loudest section in the building.

Section 319 should be as far away as possible from the Coke Zero zone. Who the heck planned that? I never found out. Ultimately, if it was RSU that picked 319, it's entirely on them for the issues that occurred between themselves and the other fans or ushers (which personally, as an usher that has worked RSU on numerous occasions, were way overblown - though in fairness, I gave 319/RSU WAY more rope than most other ushers did). If it was the Box Office folk that suggested 319 as an appropriate section for RSU, then I fully blame the org for picking such an awful, awful section for RSU to occupy.

RSU (or as we called it "319: Loud & Proud") should have been on the other side of the arena, like 326: as far away as possible from the no-alcohol section, and RIGHT at the main gate for easier egress at the end of the games. Poor planning, IMO.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

All I remember from RSU is graffiti all over the bathrooms and pillars.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
I see what you did there...
Haha I didn't.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

Ice girls.

Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Okay, scratch my last. We don't need to emulate Flyers fans in Philly, we need to emulate Slovan fans in Bratislava.

This was a pre-season game. There were 3380 people there.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Okay, scratch my last. We don't need to emulate Flyers fans in Philly, we need to emulate Slovan fans in Bratislava.

Hail Hydra!

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Northern Neighbour

Build an arena downtown.

Focus on a single colour, like Phoenix does with the "White Out" and the Flames with the "C of Red".

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Build an arena downtown.

Focus on a single colour, like Phoenix does with the "White Out" and the Flames with the "C of Red".
You'll have to wait another 15-20 years for the Sens to build a new Arena and to appropriate the land downtown to build it would be an insane cost. I just hope if/when they build a new arena they do put it more central so we can draw some more Season ticket holders from the east end.

Maybe obliterate part of the Overbrook area (much less expensive than downtown) and build it there. There are several routes East, West and South from that location.

Skrymir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:47 PM
BK201

I thought it said pizza got excited.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

The sens need super hot chicks to be the ushers and dance around and scoop up the ice and sing the national anthem and there needs to be a beer cannon or something related to beer.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
ItWasAVeryGoodCake

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
The sens need super hot chicks to be the ushers and dance around and scoop up the ice and sing the national anthem and there needs to be a beer cannon or something related to beer.
Ya, that would be great and all, but our crusty city wouldn't go for it. I'm a college student, I would fully support all of those ideas. But I do have enough sense to know what our general population, and many Sens fans, are like, and sadly, it won't fly.

Damn parents, how dare they breed more young Sens fans and demand a slightly tranquil environment.

*sigh*

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:55 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
This happened most games to RSU, on many occasions it was Senator fans that complained we were "being too loud" and "cheering to much"....such a sleepy city!
Probably had more to do with people hating RSU. Pretty much everyone I know isnt a fan. That kinda thing happens when you set up booths at Sens games to tell STHs they arent real fans.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Poolshark

Quote:

Found this article recently: http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/1...-kinds-of-ass/

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote