Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 500
The Verizon Wireless Arena should be rockin Friday night!! It's the Monarchs opening weekend. My ticket agent said that pkg sales were up by 400% from last year.

((looks like I'm going to be a "homer" for this game. The wife called to ask me about where her Monarchs hat and hoodie were? I told her that they were playing the Bruins. She was bummed out as she has no B's stuff so I'll suck it up and go 'Narchs. ))

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 10-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
oreillyisgod
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
And yet, his numbers last year were better than Khudobin's across the board with a bad team in front of him. I'm not saying Hutch is in the top tier of AHL goalies, but to say he showed "nothing"? Sorry, but that doesn't fly.
didnt Hutchinson have surgery in the offseason to fix torn hip labrum(s) that he has been playing with for a while (similar to problem tim thomas had)?

Old
10-18-2012, 08:30 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreillyisgod View Post
didnt Hutchinson have surgery in the offseason to fix torn hip labrum(s) that he has been playing with for a while (similar to problem tim thomas had)?
I think I heard somewhere ((here?)) that he had both done.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Alan Ryan

Svedberg gets the start in goal Friday night.

Knight is injured and won't play.

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...anchester.html

Old
10-19-2012, 09:46 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Svedberg gets the start in goal Friday night.

Knight is injured and won't play.

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...anchester.html
minor he should be fine sooner rather than later

Old
10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Ksyrium

looking forward to seeing the prospects tonight. bummer knight is out for this game was looking forward to seeing him play.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:59 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Looks like Colby Cohen is getting his first look tonight at what hopefully becomes a comfortable and familiar place for him ... The press box.

This is Trotman's chance to take the opportunity and run with it ... I'm high on him, so I hope he does just that.

Hope Sveddy shines, too. P-Bruins need some results this weekend.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Moved this stuff to the GDT My bad...

Last edited by Malt: 10-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old
10-20-2012, 09:28 PM
bruin10014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
And yet, his numbers last year were better than Khudobin's across the board with a bad team in front of him. I'm not saying Hutch is in the top tier of AHL goalies, but to say he showed "nothing"? Sorry, but that doesn't fly.

Khudobin's numbers were a little skewed if you ask me. The whole team started the season playing horribly and he was giving up 4+ goals a game for the first two to three weeks. Khudobin before getting hurt was leading the league in shots against by a large margin he usually faced at least 3 to 4 breakaways or 2 on 1's in a game at least home games and was stopping them at a great rate. Any time hutch had a 2 on 1 or a breakaway you were almost positive it was going in.

As far as hutchinson is concerned he showed as much this year as he did last year. Never makes the key saves and usually is good for one softy or more a game. They are 0-2 with him in net and about to be 2-0 with Svedberg in net. I think hutch is a decent ahl backup if even that. Let Svedberg take the starting role see what he can do because what I have seen from hutchinson the last 2 years is not a goalie who can carry a team.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
jetsjets1028

what a nice win i saw tonight!! svedberg allowed bad 1st goal as couldnt glove easy wrist shot but he was aboslutely outstanding rest of game and earned the #1 star!! cunningham nice shot to tie it at 1!! then pbruins score 2 more and hand falcons 1st loss 3-1!! nice win boys!! and way to make me 6-1 last year plus 1st game this year!! hockey is the best sport by far!

btw was shocked svedberg started after he started last night as i thought hutchinson was #1 goalie but after bad goal to start im glad he was goalie tonight lol

Old
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
How has Spooner looked so far?
I think he's looked very good. He makes good plays every game. Right now, his impact on a game (not style) reminds me a little of Krejci, in that he isn't necessarily dominating the game, but he makes smart plays at the right time that result in goals. I'm pleased and impressed, and I think that as he gets more comfortable and experienced he'll get even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
They should move Caron to Spooner and Sauve's line.
I don't mind the top two lines the way they are. Bourque-Camper-Caron have had excellent chemistry so far. Sauve and Spooner have chemistry as well and Tardif is a good complimentary player for them. He has experience, will go into the dirty areas and is a willing shooter (scored 27 goals in the AHL in 2011).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I know it's early but do these last 2 games put Svedberg in #1 spot?
Yes, it's early but fwiw, going into the season I thought Svedberg would eventually be the #1. Hutch put up outstanding numbers last year, but he's always had consistency issues and I think one of the reasons Hutch's numbers were strong last year was because he was in a backup role. It allowed him more time to prepare for games and they were able to save him from himself (so to speak) in terms of getting him out of the net when he wasn't feeling it. The year before, if he was in a prolonged slump, they just had to ride it out because they didn't have any better options. Maybe Hutch will prove me wrong, but some guys are just better suited to a backup role and I think Hutch is one.

On the topic of Svedberg, he's been very impressive. He's real competitive which is great to see, he's moving well laterally and has made some spectacular post-to-post type saves. He has also let in a weird/flukey/softy in each game he's played so that will bear more watching, but overall he's been one of the big driving forces behind both of their wins.

10-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Alicat
Charge!

How has Svedberg looked In terms of his tendency to flop and play with an edge?

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-21-2012, 11:38 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
How has Svedberg looked In terms of his tendency to flop and play with an edge?
He's played with some chippiness for sure, but I haven't seen much flopping from him. It's only 2 games, but he seems in control and in the butterfly, for the most part. Even the big side to side saves have been a solid push and slide across butterfly style, as opposed to a Tim Thomas-esque dive.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
He's played with some chippiness for sure, but I haven't seen much flopping from him. It's only 2 games, but he seems in control and in the butterfly, for the most part. Even the big side to side saves have been a solid push and slide across butterfly style, as opposed to a Tim Thomas-esque dive.
Thanks!

Old
10-21-2012, 05:55 PM
GoBs

Who's been the better dman Warsofsky or Krug?

Old
10-24-2012, 01:42 AM
jetsjets1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
however he has given up a softy in each game but hey in springfield game bounced back in BIG way and was awesome after that!

Old
10-24-2012, 01:43 AM
jetsjets1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Who's been the better dman Warsofsky or Krug?
krug easily... warsofsky has been so inconsistent and deffinitely had poor play saturday in springfield that joe haggerty went more in detail with almost cost pbruins

Old
10-24-2012, 03:19 AM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post
krug easily... warsofsky has been so inconsistent and deffinitely had poor play saturday in springfield that joe haggerty went more in detail with almost cost pbruins
A friend of mine said that Warsofky reminds him of Wideman 2.0... That he makes stupid mistakes half the time, but when he's not messing up hes pretty decent.

Not sure if that's an accurate assessment of the guy, but just thought I'd share.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Johnnyduke

That's a fair assessment of Warsofsky in general. A lot of skill, but doesn't have the consistency defensively to make it at the next level.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
A friend of mine said that Warsofky reminds him of Wideman 2.0... That he makes stupid mistakes half the time, but when he's not messing up hes pretty decent.

Not sure if that's an accurate assessment of the guy, but just thought I'd share.
warsofsky actually can skate though - that's the first major difference, among other stuff.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
DoubleAAAA

Can he pivot without falling over? That would also give him a +1

Old
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Can he pivot without falling over? That would also give him a +1
Perspective people. Can warsofsky make the nhl, or even score 50 points & play 25 mins/night in the ahl? Because wideman can do that in the nhl, so wideman jokes can be fun, but you're comparing a kid who might never plau in the nhl to a guy who has produced in the nhk for years.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:00 PM
robwrx04

Rangers fan here in peace. How's kreiders old teammate tommy cross doing?

Old
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Johnnyduke

Believe he is currently in ECHL. The way I heard it, if there wasn't a lockout, he may have been in Providence.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwrx04 View Post
Rangers fan here in peace. How's kreiders old teammate tommy cross doing?
Believe he had a three point night last game. Check South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL website for more details.

Closed Thread