HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
  #126
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,009
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
They came to Winnipeg and Edmonton in 2011, neither of which are on this years Canadian tour. This time they are going to Calgary because they didn't stop there in 2011.
So? They should realize that Winnipeg is one of the best cities in Canada for music. Shouldn't have to travel to go and see them.

LadyJet26 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
  #127
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
So? They should realize that Winnipeg is one of the best cities in Canada for music. Shouldn't have to travel to go and see them.
Sounds like you are hard to please. This happens often with concerts in Canada; rotating cities they play in every few years. Look at it a fun roadtrip or something. Start turning the negative into a positive. Turn that frown upside down!

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  #128
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
So? They should realize that Winnipeg is one of the best cities in Canada for music. Shouldn't have to travel to go and see them.
Depends. I saw Muse live in 2004 at the Burton, just after their first CD launched in North America (they had released 2 in the UK prior to that). The crowd was horrible, first show I've seen that didn't get an encore. Too bad as the show was great, they are a great live band that fills Wembley in London on multiple nights.

I will say, in a slight defence of the crowd, that despite having only 1 album released here in Canada, their set list was primarily from their first two albums which you'd have to be dedicated to get. There was crowd energy on the songs from their newer album but some confusion on the majority if the set list.

tbcwpg is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 10:42 AM
  #129
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,442
vCash: 264
MTS Centre won't be the smallest barn in the NHL for much longer:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1190943

Quote:
The Islanders are Brooklyn-bound.

The Barclays Center and Islanders will announce the relocation of the NHL franchise Wednesday afternoon to the $1 billion arena on the corner of Flatbush & Atlantic Avenues.

(...)

The Barclays Center, as currently designed could only fit 14,500 spectators when configured for hockey. That would make it the smallest arena in the NHL. It seats 18,000 for basketball.
Sounds like it'll be for the start of the 2015-16 season.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 10:50 AM
  #130
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
So glad that they'll be moving there. I'm a closet Islanders fan, and I know for a lot of fans, the coliseum was hard to get to on game days. There was no easy way to get there unless you had a vehicle. Barclays is smack dab in the middle of a bunch of transit options, and gasp, we might actually see Islanders fans show up to Islanders games.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 11:20 AM
  #131
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
So glad that they'll be moving there. I'm a closet Islanders fan, and I know for a lot of fans, the coliseum was hard to get to on game days. There was no easy way to get there unless you had a vehicle. Barclays is smack dab in the middle of a bunch of transit options, and gasp, we might actually see Islanders fans show up to Islanders games.
Perfect time for a relocation, the Isles are on the verge of becoming a solid team and have plenty of exciting young players. I really think that they should have renamed them the Brooklyn Islanders, but I am not too up on the geography or how the people there views themselves, but with this relocation it seems like the perfect time for a rebranding.

I do like the Isles, exciting team to watch. Not a fan of their D corps, but I like that forward corps and Matt Moulson is one of my favourite players in the NHL. Really wish the Jets or Kings(who released him to UFA by not qualifying him ) could get him, love the way he plays, such a smart offensive player

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
  #132
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Perfect time for a relocation, the Isles are on the verge of becoming a solid team and have plenty of exciting young players. I really think that they should have renamed them the Brooklyn Islanders, but I am not too up on the geography or how the people there views themselves, but with this relocation it seems like the perfect time for a rebranding.

I do like the Isles, exciting team to watch. Not a fan of their D corps, but I like that forward corps and Matt Moulson is one of my favourite players in the NHL. Really wish the Jets or Kings(who released him to UFA by not qualifying him ) could get him, love the way he plays, such a smart offensive player
He's a beauty. If Moulson was still on the Kings I don't think it'd be fair to play against them.

He has 30 goals in his last 3 seasons and 36 last year and you barely ever hear his name. One of my favourites too.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:02 PM
  #133
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
The Islanders wont be moving to Barclays
It is not even close to being set up for hockey.

My money is on Wang trying to play Nassau county fo rmore $$$
A la Daryl Katz style

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
  #134
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
The Islanders wont be moving to Barclays
It is not even close to being set up for hockey.

My money is on Wang trying to play Nassau county fo rmore $$$
A la Daryl Katz style
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9123--nhl.html

In 2015 after their lease is up.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
  #135
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I am aware the lease is up in a couple years.

How many times has he tried to play nassau?
I have lost count.

Will they end up moving? Wouldnt surprise me.
I also wouldnt be surpised if Nassau offered him a bunch more money to building an arena before they are to move.

I am just skeptical at the moment.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
  #136
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
The Islanders wont be moving to Barclays
It is not even close to being set up for hockey.

My money is on Wang trying to play Nassau county fo rmore $$$
A la Daryl Katz style
Nassau is done. The ship has sailed, Wang tried to do it all by himself, got shutdown. Tried to do it with public money. Got shutdown. He never cared about spending his own money, it was NEVER about getting money out Nassau, it was ONLY about a new rink, this is not at all comparable to the Edmonton situation.

As Hank said in BoH thread, that is not happening.

This is not some tour of another place, this is a 25 year agreement. Not sure what you can not be buying about this? Relocation is done. 15-16 Islanders will be in Brooklyn.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
  #137
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 200
Live presser on for the Islanders relocation to Barclays:

http://video.islanders.nhl.com/video...id=DL|NYI|home

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  #138
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nassau is done. The ship has sailed, Wang tried to do it all by himself, got shutdown. Tried to do it with public money. Got shutdown. He never cared about spending his own money, it was NEVER about getting money out Nassau, it was ONLY about a new rink, this is not at all comparable to the Edmonton situation.

As Hank said in BoH thread, that is not happening.

This is not some tour of another place, this is a 25 year agreement. Not sure what you can not be buying about this? Relocation is done. 15-16 Islanders will be in Brooklyn.
Sorry I forgot everyone had to believe the same things and have the same opinions here.
I will remember that for future posts.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
  #139
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Sorry I forgot everyone had to believe the same things and have the same opinions here.
I will remember that for future posts.
haha, feel free to believe whatever you want. But if you want to say things that fly in the face of logic and facts I will comment on it and ask you why you would believe such things. Sorry if that bothers you, but it's part of being on a message board.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM
  #140
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I hope the lockout ends soon. It makes me sad to see the forums so dead.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
  #141
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I hope the lockout ends soon. It makes me sad to see the forums so dead.
It is kinda sad. So I bring you, angry fans vs. the NHL and NHLPA:


YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
  #142
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW
 
Concordski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
It is kinda sad. So I bring you, angry fans vs. the NHL and NHLPA:

I'm pretty sure refusing to buy Panda Cheese is a bigger crime than a lockout.

Concordski is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:01 AM
  #143
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I hope the lockout ends soon. It makes me sad to see the forums so dead.
It's getting so bad I'm starting to get urges to run stats of my brothers... I got 2 in junior and one in low level pro... maybe that can distract me from my homework... why do I enjoy hockey stats but hate biostatistics and analytical chemistry?

Edit: bahaha just noticed one of them is 14pim in 4gp... that's hilarious since he's an "undersized" playmaker haha


Last edited by garret9: 10-26-2012 at 01:10 AM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:03 AM
  #144
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.
 
Wonko the Sane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outside the Asylum
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,898
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
It is kinda sad. So I bring you, angry fans vs. the NHL and NHLPA:

The panda is clearly a ****, so we all know which side that represents.... right?

Wonko the Sane is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
  #145
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
The panda is clearly a ****, so we all know which side that represents.... right?
Feel free to interpret as you wish. IMHO, it could be any of three interpretations.

NHL and Fans vs. NHLPA
Fans vs. NHL and NHLPA
NHLPA and Fans vs. NHL

For me, it's the second. Please just get together and figure this thing out.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:59 AM
  #146
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
It's getting so bad I'm starting to get urges to run stats of my brothers... I got 2 in junior and one in low level pro... maybe that can distract me from my homework... why do I enjoy hockey stats but hate biostatistics and analytical chemistry?

Edit: bahaha just noticed one of them is 14pim in 4gp... that's hilarious since he's an "undersized" playmaker haha
Haha, my brother plays Junior B and so far this year he has 1 assist in 6 games but 15 PIMs. He enjoys himself some fights.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
  #147
Shakey Rustie
2L
 
Shakey Rustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 1077
This weekend I get to combine two of my least favourite things into one great outing:
1) going to a wedding, and 2) going to Saskatchewan. Wish me luck.

Shakey Rustie is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
  #148
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,028
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
This weekend I get to combine two of my least favourite things into one great outing:
1) going to a wedding, and 2) going to Saskatchewan. Wish me luck.
It could be worse Shakey, for starters the wedding isn't on the Saturday of a gorgeous weekend (as a cottage owner I am not a fan of summer weddings). Also Saskatchewan people can be a fun lot if you give them a chance. What town is the wedding in?

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:13 PM
  #149
Shakey Rustie
2L
 
Shakey Rustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
It could be worse Shakey, for starters the wedding isn't on the Saturday of a gorgeous weekend (as a cottage owner I am not a fan of summer weddings). Also Saskatchewan people can be a fun lot if you give them a chance. What town is the wedding in?
It was more of a friendly jab to anyone on here from Saskatchewan, suppose I should have put a smiley beside it since some people on the net take great offense to the simplest comments. Wedding is in Moose Jaw, not looking forward to the long car drive but its a buddy of mine from high school's wedding, so its more of a reunion so at least the wedding should be a bit more fun than the usual (for me anyway).

Shakey Rustie is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
  #150
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Haha, my brother plays Junior B and so far this year he has 1 assist in 6 games but 15 PIMs. He enjoys himself some fights.
Ya my bro is 4GP 1G 3A and 21 pim
5'10 160 lbs in Junior with 21pim in 4 games hahaha

He was always spunky and small but this is still hilarious to me...

People used to say to him when he was young: why aren't you afraid of bigger guys. He'd just reply: they are smaller than my big bros who fight me all the time
(At that time he was 14 and had me 6'2 190 and my bro who is a bit of a grinder-meets-goalscorer 6'2 205)

garret9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.