HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Houston Aeros @ OKC Barons, Friday 10/26 6PM MDT

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I took a look at the barons schedule it looks like they play abbotsford twice and toronto once in November
I have to think sn will bring one or two of these

8 points for Shultz in 5 games a great start for him nice to see nuge and eberle get going last game too. i'd imagine hall is still a couple weeks out maybe i think starting him at center would be a great idea sucks for martindale though
The Marlies game is at an ungodly hour. I doubt it will be on tv.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Since they gave that assist to Eberle, that gave him a 1g,4p night. Perhaps he's in the running for PotW as well.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Because I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do it tomorrow and it gives us something to talk about besides the arena and lockout. And I'm putting JTS on notice so that he stays wired for the next 22+ hours
Ahh, I see. I'll have to make sure I look at the dates before I get all amped up.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Hynh

OP, Houston's +/- leader is Jonas Brodin at +4. Not that it matters really.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Ahh, I see. I'll have to make sure I look at the dates before I get all amped up.
Yeah, shame on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
OP, Houston's +/- leader is Jonas Brodin at +4. Not that it matters really.
Thanks, I forgot to update that category from the last GDT so I had Barrie from LE there.

10-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
But only 1 or 2 others, because I believe they now have Houston for 3 of 4 games.
wait till December 8-15 when we will have San Antonio 4 times in 5 games. ugh.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Any word on when Hall will be ready to slot into the lineup?

I remember reading that he wanted to practice a few weeks first and it's been about one.
Hall is returning to Edm on Sunday and will see the doctor on Monday. If all goes well he will play Nov 2nd against Houston

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/10/2...-barons-lineup

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY - Taylor Hall is heading home.

"I'm outta here Sunday," said the Edmonton Oiler who has been with the team here since Tuesday of last week, practising with the club every day but not playing in any games.

"I'll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games."

Hall is returning from off-season shoulder surgery.

He hasn't played a game since March 16.

Hall's injury-shortened 65-game season featured 22 goals and 42 points. As a rookie the previous year, he ended up with a 61-game 27-goal, 53-point season.

"It feels good. It's felt good for a long time. I'm sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven't been cleared yet. That's up to the doctor Monday. I'm pretty hopeful I will be."

Meanwhile commissioner Dave Andrews will be here for Friday night's game against the Houston Aeros to present defenceman Justin Schultz with his crystal award as the AHL Player of the Week.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
But only 1 or 2 others, because I believe they now have Houston for 3 of 4 games.
Is that true? That is utterly ridiculous.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Just a question, why is the GDT the day before game day? I got all excited to watch a game tonight when I saw the thread.

Yeah and **** Sportsnet for ignoring everyone but the ******* Marlies. Don't know why they have Ontario, West, Pacific, One, etc. channels when they just show the same crap on all of them.
Thanks for this. I'm a bit slow. I kept trying to find a feed for the game last night..

I think I'm jonesing. I ended up watching 10mins of some game from somewhere in some unknown dialect. It looked like hockey..The feed was good, if the telecast was coming from mars..

Old
10-26-2012, 10:24 AM
CupofOil

Really looking forward to this matchup. The Aeros have a bunch of interesting players in Granlund, Coyle, Zucker and Brodin all of whom should be NHL regulars before long so it should be interesting to see how the Barons match up. Could be a fun, fast paced game.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

This isn't a bad time to try Hall at center. If anyone has the drive to pull it off, it's him. At the end of the day I think they'll find him to be more effective on the wing though. I hope we can get a top 15 pick this year and draft a potential 2c

Old
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
Hall is returning to Edm on Sunday and will see the doctor on Monday. If all goes well he will play Nov 2nd against Houston

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/10/2...-barons-lineup
Sooner then I expected. For some reason I thought November 2nd was further away. Good news though!

As far as his linemates, I figure Paajarvi will be attached to his LW and Arcobello or Pitlick his RW.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
oiler-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Is that true? That is utterly ridiculous.
The AHL can't afford travel like the NHL does. Makes sense to bunch up games to reduce travel for teams, since 95% of it is by bus.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
The AHL can't afford travel like the NHL does. Makes sense to bunch up games to reduce travel for teams, since 95% of it is by bus.
In the East it probably is. OKC only busses to Texas, which would still be 18 games, but not 95%. Closer to 50%. They fly to the others, commercial though so nothing special.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
backhandsauce

I'm really intrigued by Ryan Martindale. He put up big numbers in the "O."

I like his size at 6'3, 207 lbs.

I hope he can get it together. It would be nice to have a C that big on the Oil.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:20 PM
scid14

Looks like eberle left practice early this morning. Game time decision but he is expected to play.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Really looking forward to this matchup. The Aeros have a bunch of interesting players in Granlund, Coyle, Zucker and Brodin all of whom should be NHL regulars before long so it should be interesting to see how the Barons match up. Could be a fun, fast paced game.
Zucker won't be playing though.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Zucker won't be playing though.
would have been interesting to see if him and Marincin still have any bad blood between them because of this.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
IMO when we talk about Stu the magnificent, it is games like these that we see if that is the case or not. We hear so much about Minnesota's prospect stable and they have a ton of high picks (albeit not as high as RNH, Hall, and Nail) so it's time to see what some of these recent 2nd rounders look like compared to Pitlick, Hamilton, Marincin, and Lander. We don't have Klefbom or Musil to represent us here tonight, but IMO if their 2nd rounders really out play ours for much of the season then I start to wonder just how great Stu is. On the other hand if our guys outplay theirs then I think that it's safe to say that Stu deserves the praise that he receives.

Pitlick, Marincin, Hamilton, Lander, Martindale

Vs.

Bulmer, Larsson, Zucker, Scandella, Hackett

The bolded players were all drafted in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft. While Lander was a 2009 pick as was Hackett (3rd round) and Scandella was a 2nd rounder from '08.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Gonna have to miss this game, whic sucks for me but is great for you guys, since both games I've missed so far have been wins.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Thanks for this. I'm a bit slow. I kept trying to find a feed for the game last night..

I think I'm jonesing. I ended up watching 10mins of some game from somewhere in some unknown dialect. It looked like hockey..The feed was good, if the telecast was coming from mars..
I know that feeling, I watched ball hockey on access last lockout. Watched the games in their entirety like a junkie sucking coke out of the carpet.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
I see Justin Schultz is off to a terrific start.

Which nhl d-man, does his style of play remind you guys of ?

Old
10-26-2012, 02:59 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
I'm really intrigued by Ryan Martindale. He put up big numbers in the "O."

I like his size at 6'3, 207 lbs.

I hope he can get it together. It would be nice to have a C that big on the Oil.
Yeah I wonder if the potential of losing his job to Taylor Hall will light any fire under his bum.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I know that feeling, I watched ball hockey on access last lockout. Watched the games in their entirety like a junkie sucking coke out of the carpet.
I was thinking about going out in the cold at Clarke stadium and watching a highschool football doubleheader.

I think I'm on sports withdrawal or something.

Its tough not being a Baseball fan this time of year AND theres no NHL antidote.

I'd even pick KHL right now. SEL. just serve it up, I'll watch..

Old
10-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Baronsfan

Hate seeing Pitlick getting thrown down the line up. When Nelson was on with Stauffer or Tencer, he made it clear that Pitlick will be in a top 6 role on the wing down here. Yet in the 6th game he seems to be in the bottom 6 with Vande Velde and Byers.

He is playing well for the most part, but the numbers just aren't coming. He has been playing physical consistently this season though, hopefully that continues. I'm hopeful that once he starts getting some breaks his numbers will start adding up.

Closed Thread