Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 02:12 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

vCash: 500
Same lines as last game being rolled again tonight ... Which means Cohen and Bartkowski are the healthy scratches again on D ...

Florek and Knight are the scratches up front. Svedberg in goal tonight getting his 3rd straight start.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwrx04 View Post
Rangers fan here in peace. How's kreiders old teammate tommy cross doing?
As of today, the Great Tommy Cross's line in the ECHL looks solid:

GP G A PTS +/- SOG PIM
6 0 5 5 -3 7 11

That being said, we'll trade you Cross for Kreider straight up

Edit: Sorry, can't get the numbers to line up right

Last edited by MillerTime 86: 10-26-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Knight still dealing with the tight hammy- still not getting up to top speed; missed some practice and expect them to keep him out another week since its light with only two games

heading out to Providence in 10 minutes to hook up with a bunch of the season ticket folks from Boston and looking forward to seeing Bourque get going and Caron and Sauve

Old
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
robwrx04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
That being said, we'll trade you Cross for Kreider straight up
Throw in Seguin and we'll throw in the great Wade Redden!

Old
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Justin St Pierre

Anyone looking interesting in Providence? I can only see stat sheets and that won't tell it all. How has Svedberg looked?

Old
10-31-2012, 11:53 PM
slasher911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin St Pierre View Post
Anyone looking interesting in Providence? I can only see stat sheets and that won't tell it all. How has Svedberg looked?
Svedberg looks pretty good, especially compared to Hutchinson (he's kinda awful). Spooner looks good. Everyone else is either wildly inconsistent or bad. The whole team is bad defensively, and Garnet Exelby is the only defenseman with a goal.

Sauve, Cunningham, Camper, and Spooner could be interesting, though. Caron, too, if he shows up consistently. Still waiting for Knight to come back.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Same lines as last game being rolled again tonight ... Which means Cohen and Bartkowski are the healthy scratches again on D ...

Florek and Knight are the scratches up front. Svedberg in goal tonight getting his 3rd straight start.
Boston has to do something about the D situation? Can they load some of these guys out elsewhere, or with the lockout is the whole AHL overbooked.

Just absurd to see a prospect like Trotman only with 3 games 3 weeks into the year. If he isn't going to play with regularity then let him go down to the ECHL with Cross and play every night there. Button, who maybe they have completely given up on has only 2 games. There is no chance at all for these kids to develop.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:54 AM
SpitfireIX

I wonder if Svedberg has any chance of supplanting Khudobin if the lockout ends down the road.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Son of Donegal

Baby B's looked good yesterday...or maybe it was that the St. John's Ice Caps were still asleep from the commute.

Either way...a win is a win. Regarding the Baby B's being simply a development pool for prospects...sure that's fine. But developing a winning culture is a huge part of B. Cassidy's job.

Spooner, Camper and Bourque looked great on offense. McKinnon was excellent on the PK and in the face off circle.

Sauve has all the goods to be the top scoring threat on the ice, but he looked out of sorts in this game. Took two stupid penalties and missed a lot of PP time. Cassidy must have had him in the doghouse.

On D, I liked Bartkowski (good skater and plays with an edge) and Trotman for the new guys. Exelby actually looked really good out there. D was good overal. Even Cohen wasn't bad, but man...he has trouble making the short pass D to D and to the winger out of the zone.

Lastly, Svedberg was super good. I think it is becoming clear he is the top choice for Prov if they want to win.

Last edited by Son of Donegal: 11-05-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: missed a thought
Old
11-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
I wonder if Svedberg has any chance of supplanting Khudobin if the lockout ends down the road.
Khudo will be in the NHL.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Khudo will be in the NHL.
I wonder if khudobin gets another contract from the bruins after this year. Rask has had some groin/hamstring issues and the depth at providence obviously lacks confidence in the goaltending. Still think subban is a few more years away, (Braden holtby was 23 before he got his shot in the playoffs last year.) so it could be another 3-5 for subban. I guess it depends on how he plays in a backup role this year but I wouldn't be shocked if they add a vet goaltender in the offseason and cut ties with khudobin. Maybe backstrom or theodore

Old
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Khudobin has Thomas written all over him, I think the brass will keep him around

Old
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Khudobin has Thomas written all over him, I think the brass will keep him around
Yup. My thoughts as well ...

Old
11-08-2012, 06:32 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

The Wife and I are going down to Provi tomorrow for the game. We will be in town part of the day on Friday and most of the day on Saturday. Are there any good sights to see in the area? The Wife particularly likes lighthouses. I know kinda off topic but I figured this was the best place to post the question.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
BruinsHockey

A couple things I came across:

Injury/illness report from P-Bruins' practice: Caron missing with a touch of the flu; Bartkowski leaves after taking puck in mouth. Knight (hammy) might try to skate Thurs., but minor miracle needed for him to be ready for weekend; Whitfield (upper body) still out.

Just Tweeted:

P-Bruins' Jared Knight (hamstring) stayed off skates again today, but said he's had a good week of off-ice rehab. Won't play this weekend.

OT
Great Lighthouse is Beavertail Lighthouse in Jamestown.

If you go the Rt4 way a little longer you see a light house as you go over the Jamestown Bridge toward North Kingstown ( on your way back to Providence). The Newport Bridge toll 4.00 (2.00 each way) if you go that way.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Let's hope we get that lucky. He is intriguing.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
The Wife and I are going down to Provi tomorrow for the game. We will be in town part of the day on Friday and most of the day on Saturday. Are there any good sights to see in the area? The Wife particularly likes lighthouses. I know kinda off topic but I figured this was the best place to post the question.
Waterplace Park is a nice little area, right near the mall/convention center. Thayer Street is a good spot to go grab some food...tons of different restaurants and they are all really good. Two of the best pizza places in RI, imo, Antonio's and Nice Slice are located there.

Also some good sushi spots if you're into that.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Zippy316

Do you guys have a feed for tonight's game. Albany has been screwed out of feeds recently.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Do you guys have a feed for tonight's game. Albany has been screwed out of feeds recently.
I think atdhenet has stopped having AHL hockey feeds since NBA season started. Last week they had like two on Friday night. Before that they seemed to have almost every AHL game on Friday/Saturday nights.

Though that would be cool if you guys had any streams! If not radiocast on AHL's website will do!

Old
11-10-2012, 09:09 AM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

Starting to really like this team. Been frustrating as a season ticket holder seeing a lack of effort night in and night out the last couple of years, but something seems different about this team, atleast the last couple games.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:30 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
Starting to really like this team. Been frustrating as a season ticket holder seeing a lack of effort night in and night out the last couple of years, but something seems different about this team, atleast the last couple games.
i haven't seen them live but they do seem to have turned a corner of late.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Fire Julien

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29

Max Sauve: hurt AGAIN. Concussion...guy can't catch a break. 4-2-6 in 11 games

Old
11-18-2012, 11:45 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29

Max Sauve: hurt AGAIN. Concussion...guy can't catch a break. 4-2-6 in 11 games
I heard he got it in practice BUT I don't see how he didn't get it last Sunday when he took several major/borderline hits BUT in fairness he was playing his ass off for loose pucks. What a shame- that is two in less than a year, hopefully its not bad. Very impressed with his as Chia would say 'compete level'. Certainly stinks because with the grit he was showing, that size, and the skills he possesses he had a very good chance to get solid shots next time the NHL plays

Old
11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I heard he got it in practice BUT I don't see how he didn't get it last Sunday when he took several major/borderline hits BUT in fairness he was playing his ass off for loose pucks. What a shame- that is two in less than a year, hopefully its not bad. Very impressed with his as Chia would say 'compete level'. Certainly stinks because with the grit he was showing, that size, and the skills he possesses he had a very good chance to get solid shots next time the NHL plays
Yes, what Sauve lacks in "thickness" (another Chiarelli favorite), he definitely makes up for in "compete level."

Hope it's a relatively minor concussion and not one that is going to shelf him for months ... Haven't heard anything yet as to the severity.

A shame for Sauve that this happened ... again.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
So Providence yet again is not very good. What exactly is it going to take to get a change in coaching down there? We may not have the best stable of prospects or the most lockout-improved team like an Oklahoma City but they should not be performing so poorly. Coaching questions for several seasons in a row now; where's there's smoke...

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

Closed Thread