HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIII - The "No, you go first" edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
The Classic is really getting dumped monday? That's pretty darn early and pretty scary. Really don't know what the PA is hoping to achieve here.
I love the Winter Classic. Considering how big it would be this year in Michigan Stadium, it sucks to see it go.

It's actually not that early. Figure they need 2-3 weeks to prepare the rink and stadium alone. It's nearly the end of November. That gives them 5-6 weeks to prepare logistically for the event, order things, etc etc. All that is work they would have gotten done now and in the last month barring no lockout. Instead, nothing's been done. If they waited much longer I don't think they'd realistically have enough time to finish everything off.

Of course, unless Michigan Stadium starts running into events in January or February, I'm sure they can always postpone it.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Money maker or not, am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Winter Classic? Oooooh, they play outdoors! Yeah, it was cool 10 years ago when it was the Heritage Classic. It's really old already.

Whatever I guess. These idiots seem determined to completely tarnish everything associated with the sport and league. Hopefully more and more people are becoming fed up with it. The only way this **** will ever stop is when you hit their pockets. The fans can control that. But knowing the rabid NHL fan, you know they're going to be right there waiting when these dickheads finally figure it out. It's really a shame. All these greedy owners and players need to finally face the conseqences of dumping on the paying customer the way that they do.

Let this ***** go down in flames I say. No matter what they do this season, or how many games they may possibly save at this point, they ****ing RUINED it. I'd consider myself a super hardcore fan and I'm pretty much disgusted to a point where the NHL could never come back and I'd be okay with it. It's very difficult to invest tons of time and hard earned money into a product where nobody gives a **** about the customer. How can you get excited about your team or the sport under those circumstances?

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 10-26-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 03:38 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Money maker or not, am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Winter Classic? Oooooh, they play outdoors! Yeah, it was cool 10 years ago when it was Heritage Classic. It's really old already.

Whatever I guess. These idiots seem determined to completely tarnish everything associated with the sport and league. Hopefully more and more people are becoming fed up with it. The only way this **** will ever stop is when you hit their pockets. The fans can control that. But knowing the rabid NHL fan, you know they're going to be right there waiting when these dickheads finally figure it out. It's really a shame. All these greedy owners and players need to finally face the conseqences of dumping on the paying customer the way that they do.
You're not the only one that thinks it's a gimmick at this point. I still enjoy watching it though and look forward to it every year while I recover from a hangover from the night before.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:52 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I hate the Winter Classic. I was at the first one in Buffalo and it was pretty cool, but it's not something I would go to again.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Were we seriously in on Roy last season? I'm glad we didn't trade for him and we don't have the POS locked up for this year(If there is one) on a close to what? $4 million cap hit?
Derek Roy gets so much **** for absolutely no reason. A consistent 60-70pt, two-way producer is worth over $4.0M.

Where did you see that we were in on him?

Old
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

The Winter Classic is alright, but I'm glad if they cancel that money maker. **** THEM THEY DERSERVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Derek Roy gets so much **** for absolutely no reason. A consistent 60-70pt, two-way producer is worth over $4.0M.

It was back during last Winter. Sometime between November, and the trade deadline. Forgot the source. Don't know if it was legit, but we were one of four teams or something. We were also in on Dustin Brown supposedly too around the deadline!

Old
10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Can`t stop laughing my ass off.
This will go down as one of the "Great Moments in Lack of Twitter Self-Awareness"

Old
10-26-2012, 04:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
It's very difficult to invest tons of time and hard earned money into a product where nobody gives a **** about the customer. How can you get excited about your team or the sport under those circumstances?
No sport really gives a **** about the customer. Baseball, football, basketball, I can name a ton of examples from every sport about how they screw the fan. It's just that other sports are smarter and have more causal fans/TV money/etc to lose by completely shutting down than hockey. When baseball shut down in '94, they got so much backlash in '95 they've had labor peace for the next eighteen years after having 'no' labor peace before then.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post

Look at the back-to-back Twitter posts earlier in this thread. It's a perfect prism of what people have been saying about the guy's atitude for years.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Look at the back-to-back Twitter posts earlier in this thread. It's a perfect prism of what people have been saying about the guy's atitude for years.
He looks stupid with those twitter posts, but so does Krys Barch and a whole host of other NHL players. Shane Doan maybe the biggest of them all. So I don't really care about that when it comes to assessing if I'd want him on the Devils.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Haha I think Roy is a little confused there.

Closed Thread