HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stock Market

Old
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Ok, 4 Not ready to get down on a guy like Andersson yet though. Or anyone based off of 4 games. Conversely, not sure anyone is really on the rise as a prospect through 4 games. Maybe Ferraro, simply because he's getting a much bigger role (I think he is anyway).
I could probably make an argument for Ferraro going up in my book too, even this early. But I don't see fallers after 4 games. Guys have been in and out the lineup, different line combos, defensive combos etc. Simply a new team not used to each other just yet.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Ok, 4 Not ready to get down on a guy like Andersson yet though. Or anyone based off of 4 games. Conversely, not sure anyone is really on the rise as a prospect through 4 games. Maybe Ferraro, simply because he's getting a much bigger role (I think he is anyway).
4 games is all I got. That and scattered reports from the Griffs' preseason.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Not sure I understand any of the criticism Sproul is getting. It's not like he blew out a knee. He blocked a shot and broke his arm. He'll be back better than ever. Plus, he had 8 points in 4 games before that. He was lighting it up.

The Frk and Pulkkinen cases are more interesting. Personally, I think Frk wants to be traded. He was bumped off the first line because he doesn't play well with MacKinnon. It doesn't look like he has much chemistry with his new linemates either.

Pulkkinen seems like a lockout victim. He's shown in the past to be very, very sensitive to who his linemates are, and now he's playing with grinders because of the guys Jokerit has been able to add.

Quine, what can you say? Mono is mono. It won't last forever, but it's a bad time to get it.

It's hard to have a lot of judgment for Tatar/Nyquist/Smith because I imagine all three are a combination of really frustrated with the lockout and really annoyed by a weak team. There's no center that can keep up with them, one defenseman in Smith, and the only goalie worth a hill of beans is in Toledo. It's like mini-Calgary if Kiprusoff got hit by a car.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
FissionFire

I don't think a 2 game sample in Toledo is enough to call Mrazek the only goalie worth anything. McCollum put up some great numbers in the CHL just like Mrazek did. Let's hold off on anointing him the goalie of the future until he at least plays in the AHL.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote