HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Treb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohon View Post
the only changes I made were adding prospects for 2011, 2012, and 2013 and making the salary cap 70 mil like it is currently.
I believe he meant editing to use the 56k bug.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
I believe he meant editing to use the 56k bug.
Yep.

If we were to use a family metaphor, Richie would be the old grandfather who likes the way things used to be with rules, whereas I'm the lenient crazy uncle who tries different things

No offense, Richie.

He plays the game straight and honestly, trying to make the game harder for himself, whereas I take shortcuts so I don't have to think/plan too much and stress over the game.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What are the euro leagues like to manage ?

I'm mostly a Q guy.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
No offense, Richie.
None taken. I was teasing about the cheating part. Where's that sarcasm smiley again...

Old
10-26-2012, 08:49 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What are the euro leagues like to manage ?

I'm mostly a Q guy.
I've only spent maybe a season in a Euro league but it was a while ago. I'll tell you this much: much less $$$ to spend on players and a whole lot less players will actually come and play for you that are decent, if I recall correctly.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:59 AM
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn

How do you increase strength?

Old
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Practice fitness.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Practice fitness.
Question for you, as I expect you to have much wisdom about this game ... I just finished a season (still in June). Are you one of those "everybody on off season aka intense everything" practices for the summer or do you take time to set up specific practices? I've been thinking about setting some guys on purely fitness to make them stronger/faster but I was wondering if it would be worth it.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I go all intense during the offseason.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I've only spent maybe a season in a Euro league but it was a while ago. I'll tell you this much: much less $$$ to spend on players and a whole lot less players will actually come and play for you that are decent, if I recall correctly.
Sounds like a good challenge.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Anyone know of any 2012-2013 rosters? There are none on EHM The Blueline.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:15 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Anyone know of any 2012-2013 rosters? There are none on EHM The Blueline.
Bro... it's a lockout. I doubt Manimal (is that the name) is thinking about updating the rosters for a year when there's no season. I'd suggest getting the 11/12 rosters and just manually adding players you want on their new teams.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Bro... it's a lockout. I doubt Manimal (is that the name) is thinking about updating the rosters for a year when there's no season. I'd suggest getting the 11/12 rosters and just manually adding players you want on their new teams.
I know, i was just wondering if maybe somebody had done them back in the summer after the draft or something. How do i edit the rosters?

Old
10-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Use the editor. It's on EHM the Blueline.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Use the editor. It's on EHM the Blueline.
This, I don't know think there are any updated ones but maybe someone put in the time and put them up on TBL.

So a few minutes ago I finally decided to do it. The next best player in the game next to Fedor is myself in-game. Set his favourite team as the Habs when I put him in there. Decided to pull the trigger on Forsberg regen + a defensive LW prospect for myself in-game. I'm coming home! Ovechkin is 38, Fedor and myself are 32. I figure once Ovechkin retires I'll move myself up to 1st line since I'm a C/LW. Then I'll just bring somebody up to be 2nd line LW beside the Pavol Demitra (RIP) regen I have.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:23 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
This, I don't know think there are any updated ones but maybe someone put in the time and put them up on TBL.

So a few minutes ago I finally decided to do it. The next best player in the game next to Fedor is myself in-game. Set his favourite team as the Habs when I put him in there. Decided to pull the trigger on Forsberg regen + a defensive LW prospect for myself in-game. I'm coming home! Ovechkin is 38, Fedor and myself are 32. I figure once Ovechkin retires I'll move myself up to 1st line since I'm a C/LW. Then I'll just bring somebody up to be 2nd line LW beside the Pavol Demitra (RIP) regen I have.
Backend of your career... Almost CHL time !

Old
10-27-2012, 03:40 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Backend of your career... Almost CHL time !
I know right!? I'm so pumped. Only 8-10 more seasons of winning Cups then back to the junior leagues... or maybe Europe... maybe some AHL time. Not sure.

It's sad cause I'm attached to so many of my players now. Jagr regen, Demitra regen, Fedor, Ovechkin, Orr regen, Lidstrom regen, now I have the Chara regen dominating in junior as well as the Hossa regen. Maybe I'll trade for/go to the team that has the myself-ingame regen.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:04 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I know right!? I'm so pumped. Only 8-10 more seasons of winning Cups then back to the junior leagues... or maybe Europe... maybe some AHL time. Not sure.

It's sad cause I'm attached to so many of my players now. Jagr regen, Demitra regen, Fedor, Ovechkin, Orr regen, Lidstrom regen, now I have the Chara regen dominating in junior as well as the Hossa regen. Maybe I'll trade for/go to the team that has the myself-ingame regen.
Lol decisions, decisions...

Though choice, NHL is loaded...

Old
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Boom. Turns 33 this season. 1089 games. I think the dual Gretzky entries is because I set him to Player/Coach (so I could have him play then retire after a season for a Gretzky regen for those that don't know... I also did this for Lemieux and Gretzky). I'm going to fix that if I ever restart my file.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:24 PM
RO8

My game wont sim past aug 14th do you guys think it is corrupted? It's only a season in but would still be irritating as i did have backups but just overwrote them.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Boom. Turns 33 this season. 1089 games. I think the dual Gretzky entries is because I set him to Player/Coach (so I could have him play then retire after a season for a Gretzky regen for those that don't know... I also did this for Lemieux and Gretzky). I'm going to fix that if I ever restart my file.
Congrats, it must take for ever to break those records.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:28 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
My game wont sim past aug 14th do you guys think it is corrupted? It's only a season in but would still be irritating as i did have backups but just overwrote them.
thats bad. i had this problem also. The only option here is to open the older one, not corrupted.
I saved my game periodically to 2 separated files. when 1 crashed, second was still there.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
thats bad. i had this problem also. The only option here is to open the older one, not corrupted.
I saved my game periodically to 2 separated files. when 1 crashed, second was still there.
I live dangerously on the edge

I do have a back-up but I don't make them that often. Once my file goes I'll probably just restart.

This weekend I spent like an hour just editing my DB. I have an unfaked original database, which also has a bunch of prospects (like Yakupov, Grigorenko etc.) but I entered in a bunch more like Scheifele, Huberdeau, Murray, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Mackinnon, Jones, Drouin etc. plus I changed the Thrashers to the Jets (kept all the original players like Kovalchuk) and changed the colours of the teams to match the current day colours (Vancouver, Washington, LA, Winnipeg). Then I lowered the potential of myself in-game and a few other players (even Fedor is only 198 potential now, same with Crosby and a few others like Orr). Only Gretzky is 200 potential for my DB.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I live dangerously on the edge

I do have a back-up but I don't make them that often. Once my file goes I'll probably just restart.

This weekend I spent like an hour just editing my DB. I have an unfaked original database, which also has a bunch of prospects (like Yakupov, Grigorenko etc.) but I entered in a bunch more like Scheifele, Huberdeau, Murray, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Mackinnon, Jones, Drouin etc. plus I changed the Thrashers to the Jets (kept all the original players like Kovalchuk) and changed the colours of the teams to match the current day colours (Vancouver, Washington, LA, Winnipeg). Then I lowered the potential of myself in-game and a few other players (even Fedor is only 198 potential now, same with Crosby and a few others like Orr). Only Gretzky is 200 potential for my DB.
Can you send me your DB ?

I'd like to try it, I love the UUDB but it's missing some prospects...

Old
10-29-2012, 02:07 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Can you send me your DB ?

I'd like to try it, I love the UUDB but it's missing some prospects...
Sure, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home from work. Is rapidshare an approved site of this forum? I don't wanna get an infraction for posting something illegal but I'd gladly share it with others.

Be warned, I don't have EVERY player from the 2012/2013 drafts in there, just the ones I wanted. I still might go back and put guys like Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Strome, Subban 2 & 3, etc. I only ended up putting guys in that I want to be in my next file. If I recall correctly, I've got Yakupov, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, and a few others but nothing close to the full draft classes... mostly just first rounders.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nszsx

Here is my upgraded Unfaked 2006/2007 database. For the players of the most recent and upcoming drafts, their attributes are what I felt like setting them as so don't get mad if they're way off of what they actually end up being. I did my best to use some scout reports to mold them into those types of players.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-29-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Closed Thread