HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Couture, Clowe and SJ 1st (in full year lockout) for Yakupov, Pajaarvi?
No go. Sharks can't give up their first. 2nd and a D prospect, we can talk.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:57 PM
oilwings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
As much I love Yakupov, I'd have to think about that one. With Carey Price, I think we'd have a very good shot at the playoffs.
Now this is something I would actually think twice about. I love Yakupov don't get me wrong but Price will give the Oilers the franchise goalie and two very good dmen.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
From the Pens I'd offer

Joe Morrow or Simon Despres
Scott Harrington or Olli Maatta
1st round pick 2013
2nd round pick 2014

Edmonton goes from arguably the worse defense pool to the best in the NHL within two years.
If I get both Morrow, Despres and both picks I would do it. Despres will be a franchise dman and I love Morrow.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
As a Montréal fan, I offer Carey Price, Emelin and Tinordi.

Then reunite Yakupov and Galchenyuk!
Well then your obviously not a Habs fan because Carey Price is an all-Star goalie and the Canadians havent had a goalie of this stature since Roy obviously Price isnt as good but he's on his way. Carey is a goalie the franchise can build around we have Pac, and Galchenyuk up front to build around and we got Subban on the point... won't do this trade because the ONLY reason why habs have a chance to win on most night is because of Price.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:31 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Well then your obviously not a Habs fan because Carey Price is an all-Star goalie and the Canadians havent had a goalie of this stature since Roy obviously Price isnt as good but he's on his way. Carey is a goalie the franchise can build around we have Pac, and Galchenyuk up front to build around and we got Subban on the point... won't do this trade because the ONLY reason why habs have a chance to win on most night is because of Price.
Pfft what are you talking about? Don't you know that ALL the best franchises are built around small skilled wingers and not around goalies? Follow the Toronto model to success!

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:49 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Well, i need to point out that last season was one of the worst in habs history, despite having an all-stars elite goalie as Price!

Do you really know the difference of impact between a Price and a Biron or a Theodore in term of Goal allowed per year ?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Halak is the only good example, and his trade was considered odd at the time, expectations were that Montreal could have gotten more for him. Varlamov for example cost a relatively high 1st round pick, and that's just to take a chance on Varlamov. He's not exactly a proven top goalie. So that's arguably the going price for a pretty good young goalie, not even an elite young goalie.
Smith and Elliot are product of their team ?

Then we agree, Goalie doesn't matter as much as having a good defense!

Whats the point to have an elite goalie if a 600 000$ or 2 000 000$ UFA can get vezina vote and do better than most of elite goalie if they only need a good team ? Should we not invest in a good defenseman instead of a good goalie? Find me example where a cheap UFA defenseman get Norris vote, or a forward become suddenly among the top of the league in points....because they have a good team!

Summer 2011, was you among the people saying Bryzgalov was a product of his team and didn't worth that big contract ? Or was you among the one saying that Bryzgalov was the missing piece for the Flyers to win a cup, that he would at last shine behind Philadelphia strong Defensive. ?

Last edited by palindrom: 10-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No go. Sharks can't give up their first. 2nd and a D prospect, we can talk.
I figured as much. Don't blame ya.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
You can make a lot of excuses for Gagner as well with the injuries to the Oilers and the quality of line mates he had. I'm not a Gagner fan, but Hodgson hasn't done anything to say he has more potential.
The same argument suggests Yakupov has not much value, because he hasn't even played any games yet, so we can't say anything about his potential either then.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
As a Montréal fan, I offer Carey Price, Emelin and Tinordi.

Then reunite Yakupov and Galchenyuk!
As a Habs fan I say no way. You are giving away our centerpiece (Price) plus possibly our future toughest hitting defensemen, on a team that desperately needs more toughness. Given the direction that Bergevin has given, no way he would trade these three. ..and you guys all forget about Subban, too!

To reunite with Gally, we would probably have to let go of Plek, plus a top prospect such as Collberg...and last but certainly the most gut-wrenching one to let go, Gorges.

That might satisfy EDM as it solves their immediate needs of a solid second line center plus a solid top 4 D, while still retaining a top 2012 prospect.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:24 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
As a Habs fan I say no way. You are giving away our centerpiece (Price) plus possibly our future toughest hitting defensemen, on a team that desperately needs more toughness. Given the direction that Bergevin has given, no way he would trade these three. ..and you guys all forget about Subban, too!

To reunite with Gally, we would probably have to let go of Plek, plus a top prospect such as Collberg...and last but certainly the most gut-wrenching one to let go, Gorges.

That might satisfy EDM as it solves their immediate needs of a solid second line center plus a solid top 4 D, while still retaining a top 2012 prospect.
Any Edmonton fans want Plekanec, Collberg and Gorges for yakupov?

Old
10-27-2012, 02:37 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Any Edmonton fans want Plekanec, Collberg and Gorges for yakupov?
Hell NO

Old
10-27-2012, 02:42 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post

I want nothing to do with Pleks because he does not fit into the Oilers core group. Oilers are looking for a young 2nd line centre with superstar potential and a young #1dman. No more #2 dmen because the Oilers have tons of them, Klefbom, J. Schultz, Marincin, Petry, etc...

Old
10-27-2012, 04:13 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
I want nothing to do with Pleks because he does not fit into the Oilers core group. Oilers are looking for a young 2nd line centre with superstar potential and a young #1dman. No more #2 dmen because the Oilers have tons of them, Klefbom, J. Schultz, Marincin, Petry, etc...
I would consider zero of the defensemen you just named #2 D...

Also, young #1D and young 2C with potential are very, very hard to acquire. A young #1D is worth more than any player on Edmonton right now besides RNH, and a "young 2nd line centre with superstar potential" is worth more than everyone besides RNH, Hall and Eberle

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
First, let's not overevaluate Yakupov here...he has enormous scoring potential, has a ton of swagger and showmanship...but remains a small sized, concussed winger, with a big question mark on his attitude. He would be popular in MTL but Bergevin would get blasted for making the trade I propose. I was expecting to take a beating from other Habs' fans for proposing this.

Plek, 30, is always in fantastic shape, and is probably one of the top-5 2nd line centers when you consider what he brings to the table both offensively, defensively, and is probably the best center for 5-on-3 PK.

As for Gorges, any of the other 29 teams would go for him...a solid #2 for a mid-pack team, or #4 on a championship-level roster...but an immediate #1 defensively on the Oiler's roster.

Both Plek and Gorges would contribute significantly to bring that young talented team to the next levels.

The icing on the cake is that Collberg (drafted 33rd) is touted by many as the steal of the last draft, and is probably not a large downgrade from Yakupov. Notably, his ethics. maturity, and attitude are said to be proven, which are the risks in Yakupov's case.

Because the Oilers have so much talent (I consider RNH, Hall and Eberle superior to Yakupov today AND tomorrow), this downgrade (Collberg-Yakupov) would not hurt them, and the PLEK and Gorges additions would bring them important long-term pieces that they are missing for a championship roster mix.

The habs on the other hand would be kissing away the next two seasons in order to build a potential championship roster when the Beaulieus, Tinordis and company become NHL-ready.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Why is this even a thread? When had the 1st overall pick ever been drafted, and then traded months later before the start of the season/during his first season? In the modern era? My guess is never

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:29 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Why is this even a thread? When had the 1st overall pick ever been drafted, and then traded months later before the start of the season/during his first season? In the modern era? My guess is never
The only thing even remotely similar is the Lindros deal.

In order for a first overall pick to be traded after the draft and before his rookie season, he would have to refuse to play for the team that drafted him.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:36 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Didnt Bryan Berard get traded before he ever played for the Sens?

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Now this is something I would actually think twice about. I love Yakupov don't get me wrong but Price will give the Oilers the franchise goalie and two very good dmen.
You have a better chance at getting Gretzky out of retirement than you do getting Carey Price.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:37 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Gagner in his fifth season of the NHL, vs. Hodgson in his first.

Hodgson's potential is much higher.
I do not agree with you that Hodgson has the much higher potential. There is only one draft year difference and Gagner has been in the league longer but the last two years he has been used on the 3rd line also with players that are 3rd and 4th liners. Only time will tell who is the the better player.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Berard and Lindros are the only 2 since 1990. I didn't look any further back.

In both those cases, those players refused to play for the team that drafted them.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:45 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Couture, Clowe and SJ 1st (in full year lockout) for Yakupov, Pajaarvi?
I think adding in the 1st is a bit too much, would love to get another 1st round pick if the complete year is a lockout though. A top 6 line of:
Clowe, RNH, Eberle
Hall, Couture, Hemsky

Looks very nice and balanced to me. I would say that it would be good for at least 5 years and give plenty of time for players like Rieder to develop properly.

Last edited by rockinghockey: 10-27-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
If I get both Morrow, Despres and both picks I would do it. Despres will be a franchise dman and I love Morrow.
I don't see Despres as a franchise dman, I see Musil being just as good as despres. I am not trading Yak away for two dmen prospects. I could see one dman prospect with high potential and a number 2C.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think adding in the 1st is a bit too much, would love to get another 1st round pick if the complete year is a lockout though. A top 6 line of:
Couture, RNH, Eberle
Hall, Couture, Hemsky

Looks very nice and balanced to me. I would say that it would be good for at least 5 years and give plenty of time for players like Rieder to develop properly.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:52 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
It is a thread because I was wondering if people thought that Yak's value has gone up since playing in the KHL and proven himself playing in a professional league. Majority of the proposals on HF are not legit that GMs would make it is fans trying to find out what other fans think on their team's player. Of course he is not going to be traded we all know that because 1st over all picks are never traded as soon as they get drafted.

Plus what else is there to chat about the lockout?