HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jani Hakanpaa...Jarmo's biggest steal?

Old
09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
That post was from two years ago.

Whoops. Gotta read better...

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Lifetimebluesfan

What does he need to work on? Could a solid season this year give him a chance to be on the blues next season..?

Lifetimebluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:13 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetimebluesfan View Post
What does he need to work on? Could a solid season this year give him a chance to be on the blues next season..?
Going straight from the FEL to the NHL? As a d-man? I like the kid's potential but I highly doubt he would be able to pull that off.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:36 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankielax View Post
Any updates from across the pond would be most appreciated!!
^^ ^^

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:32 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
^^ ^^

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankielax View Post
Any updates from across the pond would be most appreciated!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
That post was from two years ago.
Ah. Here we go, sry my broken English

The Draft:

Hakanpää wasn't attending in Staples Center, LA. He followed the draft with his friend through internet stream and heard his name.

Looking back to 2010 it looks very weird someone picked him. And it was as early as 4th round. Huge size but very raw defenceman from Finnish U18 league. Usually Finnish picks play in FEL or at least U20 level hockey.

---

His head coach' recent comments about Hakanpää
-It's not accident Hakanpää has ELC. His lust and passion can be seen from his actions on ice.
-I like him. Big player but not just size, he speaks a lot and leads in lockeroom.

He was captain of his U18 team 2008-10, Have been wearing A or C in Finnish jersey during junior tournaments

Hakanpää had knee injury in February but it was completely fixed in summer according to Hakanpää

He has practiced his skating a lot and it's still developing. Every day he tries to focus in right smoother technique to have more power for strides and more ecological skating

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Going straight from the FEL to the NHL? As a d-man? I like the kid's potential but I highly doubt he would be able to pull that off.
Propably starts in AHL. Moving up when injuries. But I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks Cole or Russell out of lineup.

---

Hakanpää's future looks very bright. I believe he is going to reach his potential. I tried to find a NHL player like him. Closest I figured might be Braydon Coburn. But one inch taller and a bit more physical.

Last edited by The Saw Is the Law: 09-26-2012 at 02:53 PM.
The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

The kid keeps growing like a weed, and keeps developing as well. Hopefully he makes it over some day. I don't know if he'll ever crack the Blues roster being a RHD, but if he could play his off-side he'd be a good compliment to Petro or Shatty some day.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:46 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
The kid keeps growing like a weed, and keeps developing as well. Hopefully he makes it over some day. I don't know if he'll ever crack the Blues roster being a RHD, but if he could play his off-side he'd be a good compliment to Petro or Shatty some day.
He could potentially free up Polak as a trade piece to help secure an upgrade on D at some point in the future. Obviously they don't have that luxury yet, but the recent past for European D men is an encouraging indicator.

He's 2-2-4 in 17 games for Espoo and it looks like he's scoring at a higher PPG than last year.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 06:15 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
He could potentially free up Polak as a trade piece to help secure an upgrade on D at some point in the future. Obviously they don't have that luxury yet, but the recent past for European D men is an encouraging indicator.

He's 2-2-4 in 17 games for Espoo and it looks like he's scoring at a higher PPG than last year.
ehm, doesn't look to me really.

Not that it means much..
i also think it's good he has apparently been holding his own coming off what i seem to remember was a torn ACL.. he was doing very well before that injury.

Considering skating agility (almost inevitably) was already one of the things he needed to improve, a torn ACL was one of the worst things that could happen to him.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
ehm, doesn't look to me really.

Not that it means much..
i also think it's good he has apparently been holding his own coming off what i seem to remember was a torn ACL.. he was doing very well before that injury.

Considering skating agility (almost inevitably) was already one of the things he needed to improve, a torn ACL was one of the worst things that could happen to him.
I didn't think he actually tore the ACL...because he didn't require surgery. He just needed a few months for the injury to heal, which I thought was just a knee/tendon strain.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote