HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 02:12 PM
KnightsInsider93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
While I dont doubt a deal likely to be done I would not trade for a 93 born forward such as Leivo who would be one and done as I expect the Leafs to sign him and turn him pro next year
The 1 deal I see happening is Brandon Devlin to Erie for LW-Michigan native Nick Betz
True. I was just using Leivo as an example of the type of player they should be looking for. Soo should also be in the running with players like Fritsch, Pettacio, Dempsey, Staples and Alderson all available.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Ottomatic

^Mitchell and Cundari were benched for off-ice issues. If Ho-Sang is having off-ice discipline issues than fine bench him. But you don't bench the kid for on-ice performance at this point.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
massey

Quote:
Rayzor

I saw the rumour as well not confirmed yet as far as I know
Boughner in the past has benched people ie last yr Maletta and Bateman,stars like Mitchell and Cundari,
Would not make much of it yet
stress yet
I have watched this kid on OHL live and other games in Sarnia and his does impress me with what he can do sometimes.He is only 16. Last night though against Sarnia, he did not impress me.Lots of skating and pretty moves but did nothing with it.I am not surprised if this rumour is true.Not sure there shouldn't be some more with him.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
^Mitchell and Cundari were benched for off-ice issues. If Ho-Sang is having off-ice discipline issues than fine bench him. But you don't bench the kid for on-ice performance at this point.
Yes I know why Mitchell and Cundari were benched,just using them as a reference re benching key players,I agree with your Hosang reasoning,though I wonder if benching is true could be for not following the script as it relates to the pp and extensive practice at it this past week
Just wondering

Old
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I think there needs to be a shake up. The systems aren't different from what they were last year. We can talk about Devlin and Bateman being scratched and maybe moved but that doesn't send the right message. First of all you wouldn't get as much back compared to what you traded them for. You need to deal a guy like Clarke or Johnson in my mind. That would send a message as those guys are being counted upon to be part of a contender but really haven't played that well.

The idea that this team has problems scoring goals isn't just an issue this year, it was an issue last year as well. Averaging 2.64 goals per game this year, last year they averaged 3.13. I guess you can chalk that up to Khokhlachev being gone but that's ignoring guys like Clarke, Johnson, Marchese, Maletta all should have made strides. Of course the lack of creativity on the blueline is another big issue. Right now I would start the rebuild we are almost at the quarter mark with a lot 18 year olds that should be further along where they should be. Time to shake it up.
Rayzor
I am not ready to skake things up or blow up it yet
I think most teams go by 10 and 5 game blocks,and when u look at Windsor,the 1st 5 games,they went 3-1-0-1 after an opening home loss to owen Sd 3-0-0-1,the next 5,they went 1-2-0-2,going 1-0-0-2 after losses to Guelph and London,and during this stretch of 4 going 2-2-0-0 playing 3 of 4 on the road,with the only stinker at Brampton
The 1st 10,The Spits went 6-3-0-1 not bad not great but respectable,the fact they sit 1st at this pt in the division is surprising,though every team in the division have been inconsistent
It looks like Plymouth is coming on,though losing Wilson for 2-3 weeks hurts,as well for others SSM and Saginaw are struggling,Windsor hot and cold,sarnia just ended a 3 game losing streak against Windsor last nite,not exactly a world beater though with Galchenyuk in the lineup a better team I imagine,wont be the case if he makes Montreal should there an Nhl season I beleive
Spits play 5 on 5 still ok,last nite the ppg and penalty shot goal by Galchenyuk the difference,plus a blown pp by Windsor
Excluding the bad game in Brampton the Spits have only allowed 4 goals 5 on 5 in the other games 2 against Erie in 2 games and 2 last nite excluding the empty netter
The Spits seem to set with 4 on defence in Ebert,Seiloff,Posa and Seiloff,after that its been a carousel with nobody amongst the following 4 in Bateman,Devlin,Mcnaughton and Bowen grabbing hold of the final 2 spots
Upfront Ben Johnson is struggling big time and that certainly has hindered the offence
Inconsistency is killing this time not giving up on them yet

Old
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Crottenham

The Spits seem to set with 4 on defence in Ebert,Seiloff,Posa and Seiloff

I'm thinking you meant Sanvido rather than listing Seiloff twice?

Old
10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Tim Wallach

Hey Spits fans,

What happened with Bezuch? I see he's no longer on the active roster, but curious as to what went down. He looked like he might pop a few this year.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
The Spits seem to set with 4 on defence in Ebert,Seiloff,Posa and Seiloff

I'm thinking you meant Sanvido rather than listing Seiloff twice?
Yes,thanks for the correction should have been Sanvido

Old
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Windsor Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Hey Spits fans,

What happened with Bezuch? I see he's no longer on the active roster, but curious as to what went down. He looked like he might pop a few this year.
He was released making room to add Khokhlachev back onto the protected list.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Chief View Post
He was released making room to add Khokhlachev back onto the protected list.
Thanks Chief.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:13 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Hey Spits fans,

Unfortunately he did not score when he had the chances both in the exhibition games or the couple of reg season games,as the games wore on his scoring chances dried up,when the spits heard Khokhlachev might return to North America,they released Bezuch
It is also believed they did not burn an A card because they released prior to October 10 and probably had him on a floating card
A team is allowed 3 floating cards until the date of the NHL season opener,then have to declare their intentions with said floating card players

Old
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Unfortunately he did not score when he had the chances both in the exhibition games or the couple of reg season games,as the games wore on his scoring chances dried up,when the spits heard Khokhlachev might return to North America,they released Bezuch
It is also believed they did not burn an A card because they released prior to October 10 and probably had him on a floating card
A team is allowed 3 floating cards until the date of the NHL season opener,then have to declare their intentions with said floating card players
Makes sense. I appreciate the follow-up info. Too bad I guess. That Windsor-Kit trade is looking like a bust all around.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Legend we can talk 5 game stretches and stuff and this is rather simplistic but the Spits have beaten the Soo and Erie 4 times and only 2 wins in their other 10 games. They need to show they can beat teams other than Soo or Erie. Of course if you asked a lot of people at the beginning of the year Erie and the Soo were two teams picked for the bottom. There will come a time where Windsor will have to play well against a team like Guelph, OS, Ply, Ldn and grab a victory.

As for Ho-Sang I have my doubts Boughner would just scratch one of your most dynamic forwards if this was his first time doing something. I still suspect there is a lack of leadership based upon the lack of 19 year olds on the team and a handful of games already this year where they just didn't come to play.

I guess we will see who shows up these next two games.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
OHLFan8771

Nick Betz underwent an emergency appendectomy today; timetable for his return is unknown.

Doesnt seem he will be traded to Windsor at all because that is why he went home.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Spitsfan67*

I think Guelph will take
It, I'm going to say 5-3

Old
10-26-2012, 05:26 PM
hockeyboy4

its official ho sang is a scratch for tonight

Old
10-26-2012, 05:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
its official ho sang is a scratch for tonight
The reason given by coach Bob Boughner is internal discipline

Old
10-26-2012, 06:09 PM
hockeyboy4

boughner wants to meet with koko when he comes to canada

Old
10-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
boughner wants to meet with koko when he comes to canada
Well Bougie and the spits brass should stop hoping and waiting and pull off a trade to help are offence out...

Old
10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
hockeyboy4

anyone watching the game on ohl live tonight?

Old
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Spitsfan67*

These spits new announcers are just boring and annoying I just want them to shut up the entire time I listen to them that's why I'd rather watch it on the sports package then I don't have to listen to these idiots. I mean no enthusiasm at all great choice atleast Dom and Kelso were entertaining and sounded into it.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
OHLTG

The announcers are the Guelph guys. The only Windsor person is James Murray, who does the stuff from the Windsor studio during breaks.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Spitsfan67*

Yea I was talking about the guys in the studio there boring, have no enthusiasm what's so ever, there just very plain. but the guelph announcers are bad too they said Sieloff, Studnicka, and Maletta about 5 different ways that entire first period.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:25 PM
OHLTG

The guys in the Windsor studio are new to the job. I've seen plenty of in-studio teams around the league and you're not going to get guys jumping up and down or anything.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:44 PM
hockeyboy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea I was talking about the guys in the studio there boring, have no enthusiasm what's so ever, there just very plain. but the guelph announcers are bad too they said Sieloff, Studnicka, and Maletta about 5 different ways that entire first period.
so true.... he cant pronounce anyone... i have never been so bored listing to a game in my life

Closed Thread