HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi/ sj

Old
10-26-2012, 04:27 PM
FlyerFire

vCash: 500
Phi/ sj

What picks would the Sharks accept for either Petrecki or Doherty. Seems like some Shark fans feel they are a bust. Perhaps a change of scenery would do them wonders.Thoughts

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

2nd rounders for either would be my guess.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
FlyerFire

Well Holmgren loves trading seconds, but in this instance I would be fine for either. We need to take some chances on potential.I like some of the Flyers D prospects but not very confident in our ability to develop them

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I'd take a second for either. Petrecki could turn it around, but as of right now he's a 23 year old defensive defenseman who's not an AHL standout. Might be worth a flyer (pardon the pun). Doherty, I have a little more hope for, but considering our glut of bottom-pairing defensive prospects, I'd sooner have a pick.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:10 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
I'm willing to give both of these players one more year. If Douglas Murray gets traded either one of these players should see some time in the NHL. I'm just against trading prospects away before they see time in the big leagues.

If not, a 2nd is better than nothing I suppose.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:54 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If Douglas Murray gets traded either one of these players should see some time in the NHL.
Worcester has other defenseman that deserve the call-up more (Irwin, Pelech, Acolatse).
As for the trade, at this point, I think I'd rather hold onto them for at least another season. Philly's 2nd is going to be late 50s anyway. Chances of that draft pick leading to anything substantial is pretty low.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 08:23 PM
matt trick

I like to swap them for similar center prospects. It would be pretty disappointing if we wouldn't get a Jim Vandermeer type 6/7 out of Petrecki. I don't think he will never make the nhl. He does some nice attributes.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:15 AM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
I like to swap them for similar center prospects. It would be pretty disappointing if we wouldn't get a Jim Vandermeer type 6/7 out of Petrecki. I don't think he will never make the nhl. He does some nice attributes.
I'm wary of players in the AHL being described as a defensive defenseman. But having never seen him play, does he have attributes that can be developed on the offensive side like the ability to move the puck out into the neutral zone or a decent outlet pass or something like that.

Cause the Flyers have a string of AHL defenseman ready to make the jump in the next few years that would be ahead of him if he has no ability to contribute offensively in some way. They're stacked with an abundance of bottom pairing type d-man. Its the top pairing D that needs to be addressed.

I would be wary of parting with a high draft pick (2nd or 3rd) for someone who can't be projected to anymore that AHL/6-7th tweener.

Again, haven't seen him play so I have no idea what his attributes are beyond what has been said in this thread.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote