HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 182: Take Off Your Pants And Jacket

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I love how now that the Prez debates have been mentioning "______ wants to send jobs to China", all of my local/state election ads have had attacks that the person ships jobs to China, complete with some xenophobic picture of a few blue collar Chinese people. I'd hate to run for any office nowadays as a brown man.

KEVIN PATEL MIGHT SAY THAT HE'S A "REAL AMERICAN", BUT HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN REAL AMERICAN VALUES. REAL AMERICAN VALUES LIKE JOB CREATION AND PULLING YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS. AND DID YOU KNOW THAT KEVIN PATEL WAS IN AN AIRPORT WHEN THE TOWERS WENT DOWN? SURE, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, BUT CAN WE AMERICANS REALLY TAKE THAT CHANCE? MARK SMITH IS A REAL AMERICAN YOU CAN COUNT ON. *this message paid for by Families for a Brighter Future*
Don't forget getting slandered as a secret Muslim. From time to time that happens to candidates of Indian descent. Thankfully, it usually backfires on the people doing the slandering, but it still makes me uneasy to see those.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:49 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Wait, you actually get our ads in NJ? How's that? Are they running them on the NYC stations?
every time i watch tv. i might see more Conn ads than NJ ads tbh

Old
10-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Yeah. WWE whats-her-face seems to be a good chunk of them, so of course the competition has to be balanced.
Ya, she's been flooding the airwaves with ads, spending her personal fortune in an attempt to get elected, and the direct mailing is out of control too. For the last month, I've been getting a McMahon flier in the mail almost daily, and rare are the days I don't get one. Sometimes I've gotten two on the same day.

Screw that though, I watched her attempt to debate and fail horribly, I know who I'm voting for.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

here's my company's take on the storm:

If circumstances lead to office closure (severe weather, civil disturbance, etc.,), a message will be placed on our Emergency Message Mailbox indicating that the office is closed. Information related to anticipated opening date/time will also be provided in the message.

In the case of severe weather and the office remains open, employees who may find it difficult to travel to the office are encouraged to utilize PTO or arrange alternative flex time or work schedules with their supervisors.

they are notorious for keeping the office open (even if NJ has declared a state of emergency!! true story.) so that last line makes me laugh. they just force everyone to use vacation time no matter what.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

LOL Linda Mcmahon running again. Her ads annoyed the **** out of me in 2010. She had some stupid one with a lunchbox on it too.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post

If circumstances lead to office closure (severe weather, civil disturbance, etc.,), a message will be placed on our Emergency Message Mailbox indicating that the office is closed. Information related to anticipated opening date/time will also be provided in the message.

In the case of severe weather and the office remains open, employees who may find it difficult to travel to the office are encouraged to utilize PTO or arrange alternative flex time or work schedules with their supervisors.

they are notorious for keeping the office open (even if NJ has declared a state of emergency!! true story.) so that last line makes me laugh. they just force everyone to use vacation time no matter what.
my company never closes, and you either make up the time or use personal time. or do what i do and come in no matter what.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
what the cool kids will want this christmas;

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/16/n...h-anniversary/

looks amazingly similar to an iphone, apple will seek injunction for sure.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

So, I turned down the opportunity to get out of state for a week on the grounds that I was feeling under the weather and had a lot of work to do.

MFW I checked the 10-day forecast this morning:

Old
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
So, I turned down the opportunity to get out of state for a week on the grounds that I was feeling under the weather and had a lot of work to do.

MFW I checked the 10-day forecast this morning:
Welcome to hell.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

language nsfw...but the trolling is wonderful:

http://www.megalomaniac.com/~andrew/...loodcyber.html

Old
10-26-2012, 03:09 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Don't forget getting slandered as a secret Muslim. From time to time that happens to candidates of Indian descent. Thankfully, it usually backfires on the people doing the slandering, but it still makes me uneasy to see those.
Candidates of Indian decent? How many are there in Congress or as Governors?

Bobby Jindal (R) in LA
Nikki Haley (R) in SC

And I've shot my load.....unless I'm missing some (which is probable).

Quote:
Ya, she's been flooding the airwaves with ads, spending her personal fortune in an attempt to get elected, and the direct mailing is out of control too. For the last month, I've been getting a McMahon flier in the mail almost daily, and rare are the days I don't get one. Sometimes I've gotten two on the same day.

Screw that though, I watched her attempt to debate and fail horribly, I know who I'm voting for.
That election will be decided by turnout. As Obama fares, so will that election. If Obama keeps tanking before the election, she'll win, if not, she'll lose. This is why campaigns of either side always lie and say they're going to win even when it's obvious they're not (SEE: John McCain), because if you don't give the illusion you'll win, all your downballot candidates will get slaughtered.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:13 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post

The **** did I just read......

Old
10-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

this is the greatest thing i have ever seen.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:18 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Just went and filled up two of our cars. Opted to deal with paying 20 cents more a gallon instead of waiting 40 minutes per car to fill up.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:

This made my evening

Old
10-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post

I've been getting the updates from the Point Boro school district - the same one that was open during the '91 storm.

For my job, I'm so glad we are just about done with our datacenter migration, 90 percent of our **** is out of downtown manhattan and safely tucked away in the hills of northwest jersey. No worries about storm surge flooding the lower half of the island and ****ing up every telco switch in the area.

We've got this insane alert system up though to our house phone, personal emails, text messages, you name it, to send status calls out. I'm sure I'll be on conference calls like a madman next week.

It's a lot more fun when you do this **** remotely though - I used to be our DR Coordinator for branch sites, I forget what year it was, '06 maybe, we had a million ****ing hurricanes, I was closing up all of our southern branches every other weekend. Best was when I had to walk the folks in West Palm Beach on shutting down the PBX. "Okay open up the panel that says Alcatel on it, you'll see a a large switch on the right for battery, another large switch with a panel on it , I'll walk you through the system back up process in a minute, then there's another large switch which is the main power..CLICK" She flipped it and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
what the cool kids will want this christmas;

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/16/n...h-anniversary/

looks amazingly similar to an iphone, apple will seek injunction for sure.

Holy ****, **** the household **** like a chainsaw and transfer switch, that's goin on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Just went and filled up two of our cars. Opted to deal with paying 20 cents more a gallon instead of waiting 40 minutes per car to fill up.
****, where at? I gotta get my tanks filled up for the generator.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:18 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post

****, where at? I gotta get my tanks filled up for the generator.
Sunoco in Belford on 36 between Main Street and East Road. Best do it ASAP as the owner's a family friend and one of his tanks (not regular) is almost empty already.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

Ya, that's where njdevsfn95 and I were getting the references to robe and a wizard hat at the beginning of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Candidates of Indian decent? How many are there in Congress or as Governors?

Bobby Jindal (R) in LA
Nikki Haley (R) in SC

And I've shot my load.....unless I'm missing some (which is probable).

That election will be decided by turnout. As Obama fares, so will that election. If Obama keeps tanking before the election, she'll win, if not, she'll lose. This is why campaigns of either side always lie and say they're going to win even when it's obvious they're not (SEE: John McCain), because if you don't give the illusion you'll win, all your downballot candidates will get slaughtered.
There are plenty at the state level. Few at the national level yet, but that will happen eventually. Several mayors too.

Obama is on the upswing after winning the third debate, and in any case, Connecticut is a state where Republicans are always fighting against the tide. The only thing that has kept McMahon in the race this long is her huge spending advantage because she is spending her personal fortune trying to buy the seat again. Murphy is almost certainly going to win unless he says something really stupid between now and Election Day.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Obama is on the upswing after winning the third debate, and in any case, Connecticut is a state where Republicans are always fighting against the tide.
Disagree on Obama. Polls thus far are status quo post third debate, including the 3-day trackers that have incorporated 100% data. WaPo is status quo with 75% post debate data (though it's possible, though not likely, tomorrow a big Romney day could drop off and be replaced with a big Obama day). Gallup looked promising on that front dropping from Romney +5% to Romney +3% post debate, but it's back to 5% today (though that one is 7-day and has more time for a positive Obama movement) so I dont think you'll get better than have it swing down to Romney +3% by Monday.

Agree on McMahon. Lets face it, no Republican should have a prayer winning in Connecticut. I'm pretty amazed it's this close, the RNC probably is too. She'll probably lose. Only way I can see her winning is if it's obvious Romney is going to win a few days ahead of election day and Democrats become disenfranchised. Then again, I havent deconstructed those RCP polls like I have for the States on a presidential level to see how big that 3% lead Murphy has really is or isnt. Not well-known fact unless you've worked in politics or are a ridiculous wonk? It's not that uncommon for the person "ahead" in the polls to actually be losing, it's just that 99% of people dont know that because they dont know how to rip poll's internals apart.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:12 PM
VaxjoDevil

I ran into college women's volleyball on TV. Hoopla.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:17 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
I ran into college women's volleyball on TV. Hoopla.
Jackpot!

Old
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Jackpot!
Indeed. Hawai vs Long Beach State. Could not be better. Feisty girls....

Old
10-26-2012, 11:22 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Indeed. Hawai vs Long Beach State. Could not be better. Feisty girls....
Spandex.......

Old
10-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Sunoco in Belford on 36 between Main Street and East Road. Best do it ASAP as the owner's a family friend and one of his tanks (not regular) is almost empty already.
Yeah I went out earlier, thanks for the tip, forgot about all the last minute freakouts, "OHMYGOD I NEED A FULL TANK GIVE ME 3 MORE DROPS!"

Was able to top the generator off, go back, refill my tanks and top the truck off without a wait at the 35 BP.

Unfortunately when I got home to get a well deserved beer from the basement, I discovered hat I hadn't quite properly put the water bin on my dehumidifer back in properly, and there was a nice little puddle on the rug

Storm isn't gonna hit for 36 hours and I already have water in the ****ing basement DOH

Old
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Man you stocked the fort. I left the area and went home.

Closed Thread