HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/26/12 Toronto Marlies vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:30 pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 09:05 PM
LeMAD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
That's why I'm glad I have the Hamilton Radio Feed.
The Toronto guys are fine imo. Better than the Hamilton guy.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Beaulieu goal would be sweet.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Pateryn instead of FSD or Ellis?!

And nobody near the net on the next wave.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Pateryn almost gave a shorthanded chance there, but redeemed himself.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
10-26-2012, 09:08 PM
FF de Mars

We lost. Good to see Beaulieu had the coach's confidence. He played lots of minutes, until the end of the game.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:08 PM
PsychoticHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The Toronto guys are fine imo. Better than the Hamilton guy.
I can't really complain so far about the Hamilton radio guys, they seem fairly knowledgeable. (Although they are pretty biased and don't even hide it)

Old
10-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
We lost. Good to see Beaulieu had the coach's confidence. He played lots of minutes, until the end of the game.
He can really control the game, St. Denis is a good guy to watch his back as well.

Two bad there isn't two of FSD to put him with Tinordi as well.

Love the announcers on the feed during commercials.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Protest the Hero

Damn. Oh well, knew coming into the season they'd have a tough time with so many rookies, as long as they can keep games close like this the entire season, I'll be happy. Should help when Dejardins is back too.

I'm not sure if Pateryn is the right choice for the power play over Ellis, but I remember resident poster montreal saying he had a booming point shot.

I didn't find the colour commentator on the Marlies feed too bad, McGill I think?

Old
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I'm not sure if Pateryn is the right choice for the power play over Ellis, but I remember resident poster montreal saying he had a booming point shot.
Pateryn should never play PP. He can be decent at ES keeping the puck in play and getting shots on net when he can but that's as far as it should go.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Damn. Oh well, knew coming into the season they'd have a tough time with so many rookies, as long as they can keep games close like this the entire season, I'll be happy. Should help when Dejardins is back too.

I didn't find the colour commentator on the Marlies feed too bad, McGill I think?
They outplayed the Marlies on the balance IMO but that's never a guarentee of winning.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
theOutsider

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009943

I've only watched the end of the game, but 10 shots for Gallagher? O.o

Old
10-26-2012, 09:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Unfortunately, I see no future for Geoffrion in the NHL, the kid has average skills and I see no real potential in his game..

Tinordi looks totally out of place right now..

Holland Bournival and Beaulieu keep playing very well...

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-26-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Andy

I'm really impressed by Beaulieu, Holland, Bournival, Quailer and Gallagher.

I honestly thought Beaulieu would have trouble adjusting. He still has a lot to work on, but he's definitely ahead of where I expected him to be at this point.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOutsider View Post
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009943

I've only watched the end of the game, but 10 shots for Gallagher? O.o
15 for the line, they spent most of the game in the offensive zone.

Holland makes the plays from the boards and Bournival tries to hold the center of the ice for them to feed Gallagher whose always looking to crash the net.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:24 PM
HabsRealist

Just came from Copps for the Dogs game.

Ellis - looked like really trying to feel out game, struggled a bit in own end, 2nd game so feeling his way around maybe

Beaulieu - has moves, good skater, pretty passive in his own end, going forward a strong point. When he gets confidence, may be a player

Pateryn - think most NHL ready, makes better decisions, more intense during the game.

Tinordi - disappointing, he is very weak along the boards, lost most 1 v 1 battles there which shocked me. way out of positionon one goal and other plays. pretty mobile for his size.

Bournival - looks good all around, maybe solid utility 3rd liner in NHl after 2 AHL years.

Gallagher - 1st period lost, gets goal, then he hustles more and in that gear played really well. He always thought shot during the game for the most part. Needs to slow down his mind while speeding up his feet.

Quailer - not bad but realistically a long shot for NHL

Holland - Wow, where did this guy come from ? Nice trade. excellent hockey sense, pretty good skater, was on point on power play. Needs ( like all juniors )
to move feet more and be more intense. If that comes and he gets stronger, this guy is a top 6 NHLer, already thinks at NHL level.

OVERALL - a fair bit of really mid to upper mid level prospects that probably all need at least 2 AHL seasons. Holland really impressed, Tinordi disappointed.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRealist View Post
Holland - Wow, where did this guy come from ? Nice trade. excellent hockey sense, pretty good skater, was on point on power play. Needs ( like all juniors )
to move feet more and be more intense. If that comes and he gets stronger, this guy is a top 6 NHLer, already thinks at NHL level.

Looking like a serious steal from the Calgary farm. The trade gets better and better each day. We havn't even used that sweet little 2nd rounder yet. This trade could turn into a Rivet for Gorges and Pacioretty *No jinx.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Corbin seems to play a quiet game. He needs to get some pp time imo.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
That

The puck looked like it always just out of reach for Tinordi tonight. Reminded me off his first year in the OHL. There's going to be growing pains with him and that's what were seeing right now. He'll be fine.

Holland - Bournival - Gallagher line was awesome. Every single one of their shifts ended with all of them in the crease . In total they shot the puck 15 times. The line is very well balance and they are all very smart, fast, and skilled players.

Quailer was awesome tonight. He was all over the ice. He reminds me of a less physical Erik Cole. If he finds consistency in his game, I think we could have a very good NHLer in him.

Beaulieu wasn't the offensive dynamo that he normally is, but he more than made up for it with his defence. He was very very solid. Looked very calm and poised. Used his stick very well and never seemed pressured. I hope to more efforts like this from him in the future.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:56 PM
NewHabsEra*

I really liked the pace of this game, closer to the NHL than people would think..

Old
10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
EveryDay

anybody heard Langevin saying that we play the Marlies and Rochester 12 times each this year....like WTF??

Old
10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Et le But

I'm very pleased with Beaulieu's defensive play. It's not flawless but he played a very mature game; with time he will hopefully learn to pick his spots.

Quailer is a very interesting prospect, not entirely convinced by his hockey sense but he makes things happen and gives us that size and strength element.

Not enough can be said about how impressive the CHL line is, every game I'm more convinced all three of them will make the NHL.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm very pleased with Beaulieu's defensive play. It's not flawless but he played a very mature game; with time he will hopefully learn to pick his spots.

Quailer is a very interesting prospect, not entirely convinced by his hockey sense but he makes things happen and gives us that size and strength element.

Not enough can be said about how impressive the CHL line is, every game I'm more convinced all three of them will make the NHL.
I've been impressed with Beaulieu as well. I really have expected a harder adjustment for him, but as you said, he's playing a mature game. Most of his farts I find come on the offensive side of his game. For example, late in the third, there was a loose puck at the top of the faceoff circle in the offensive zone and he hesitated on going for a slapper, when he did, the opposing player closed the gap and Nathan tried to hurry up his shot which he ended whiffing on...almost caused an odd man rush.

Bournival, Holland and Gallagher are impressive for players coming right out of the chl. Holland for me is the best of the bunch, what a surprise, didn't expect this at all.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I've been impressed with Beaulieu as well. I really have expected a harder adjustment for him, but as you said, he's playing a mature game. Most of his farts I find come on the offensive side of his game. For example, late in the third, there was a loose puck at the top of the faceoff circle in the offensive zone and he hesitated on going for a slapper, when he did, the opposing player closed the gap and Nathan tried to hurry up his shot which he ended whiffing on...almost caused an odd man rush.

Bournival, Holland and Gallagher are impressive for players coming right out of the chl. Holland for me is the best of the bunch, what a surprise, didn't expect this at all.
Holland stands out the most for me too, whenever he is out there he's the smartest guy on the ice. Bournival plays very smart too but Holland even more so. He's great at keeping possession too.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
niftymove

Quote:
Corbin seems to play a quiet game. He needs to get some pp time imo.
According to Dogs commentator in pregame, Corbin's shot is heavier than Berger's one. That make it the heaviest shot of the dogs!
If he can be precise with his shot, may deserve a try at the point in PP.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
anybody heard Langevin saying that we play the Marlies and Rochester 12 times each this year....like WTF??
My guess is they schedule it like that for for travel reasons. Those 2 teams are the closest to Hamilton. Saves $ in the process too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I really liked the pace of this game, closer to the NHL than people would think..
Yep, very enjoyable game to watch on tape delay on TVA Sports. Gives me a totally different vibe of the game than on that cruddy atdhe feed.

The CHL line was indeed wicked. Gallagher could have had 5 goals tonight. Beaulieu still tries some low percentage ''junior stuff'' that almost costs the team when he has the puck, but I agree, generally his defensive game has been much better than I expected.

Closed Thread